Global Warming? Journalism? Don't Make Me Laugh!

Old February 20th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default Global Warming? Journalism? Don't Make Me Laugh!

"patch70" wrote in message
news

I thought the US considered itself a world leader. If they are, then
they should lead on this rather than say "we won't do anything until
China and India lead the way".

Yeah, let's see - it takes REAL leadership to jump off of a cliff sceaming,
"I'm doing this for humanityyyyyyyyyy!"

By 2015 China and probably India will be putting out more CO2 than the USA.
They not only are not part of the Kyoto Protocol demands - they are in fact
given a complete PASS in the text of the document. They not only don't have
to cut their production of CO2 but they have already said that they never
will.

But of course completely ignornant fools who like to march in "like, I
really like the environment" parades are the ones who should be making these
decisions for the USA. We're a democracy after all.

Old February 20th 07, 03:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"patch70" wrote in message
news

ST Wrote:
How about all the UAW union jobs?
And you guys really think Kunich is an idiot??

Lets all discuss our jobs we have and talk about the changes you might
have
to make if we make these pie-in-the-sky changes.

Remember......... China, India, Brazil etal are not included in
Kyoto..

By your reasoning, then it was a disaster that Germany was defeated in
World War II because all those poor gas chamber operators lost their
jobs.

You and ass crack can tell us what you do for a living and what effect
cutting fuel consumption for transportation by 60% wold effect you.

I'm waiting.

Old February 20th 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

On Feb 20, 3:18 am, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:

You don't care about copyright at all, huh? That's bad.

Can you explain why it is "bad?" The person who allegedly wrote it
put it out there to see.

Can you explain how ideas can be property, when ideas completely lack
the critical feature of property (that is, ideas are not rivalrous
scarcely; ideas can be replicated ad infinitum, unlike actual
property).

Old February 20th 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

wrote:

You don't care about copyright at all, huh? That's bad.

Can you explain why it is "bad?" The person who allegedly wrote it
put it out there to see. ST never agreed, by contract or otherwise,
not to copy it.

Can you explain how ideas can be property, when ideas completely lack
the critical feature of property (that is, ideas are not rivalrous
scarce; ideas can be replicated ad infinitum, unlike actual
property).

_Against Intellectual Property_, N. S. Kinsella
http://www.mises.org/journals/jls/15_2/15_2_1.pdf

Old February 20th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
patch70

Tom Kunich Wrote:
You and ass crack can tell us what you do for a living and what effect
cutting fuel consumption for transportation by 60% wold effect you.

I ride to work. It would make no difference to me. My work does not
"consume" fuel either.

--
patch70

Old February 20th 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Feb 20, 3:58 pm, patch70 patch70.2mb...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Tom Kunich Wrote:

You and ass crack can tell us what you do for a living and what effect
cutting fuel consumption for transportation by 60% wold effect you.

I ride to work. It would make no difference to me. My work does not
"consume" fuel either.

--
patch70

Are you truly that naive? Everything you buy requires energy to
either grow or manufacture and is delivered by trucks that require
fuel. Do you sit in a dark hole somewhere doing some off the wall job
that requires absolutely no energy consumption whatsoever?

With thinking like your's, it's no wonder so many people don't seem to
think that following Kyoto is that big a deal. Maybe you can find a
way to generate energy by sitting around in a circle with all your
friends and singing Cumbaya.

Or, maybe you'll just beg for alms on the sidewalks, hoping someone
will be so moved by your singing they'll give you money.

You're an idiot.

Fred

Old February 20th 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

wrote:

You don't care about copyright at all, huh? That's bad.

Can you explain why it is "bad?"

It's bad not to respect reasonable protections for intellectual
property. Linking to the thing is enough. Don't copy it the whole
thing -- you're running around the paper's advertising.

The person who allegedly wrote it
put it out there to see.

Then why did it say "All rights reserved" at the bottom?

--
JT
****************************
Old February 20th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

Tom Kunich Wrote:

[...]

I find it almost impossible to reconcile being ****ed off about
"offshoring" with support for Kyoto. They actually ratify, and put
teeth into, Kyoto then you'll see a massive increase in corporations
moving to where it's sheapest to do business. Major multi-nationals
really don't care where they do business as long as it's cheap,
functional, and stable. China, India, and Mexico, Vietnam
increasingly, seem to be working really well now. Kyoto would make
them boom countries as corporations fled to them to protect their
bottom line.
Bill C

Old February 20th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
patch70

Tom Kunich Wrote:
Yeah, let's see - it takes REAL leadership to jump off of a cliff
sceaming, "I'm doing this for humanityyyyyyyyyy!"

Once again, you have shot yourself in the foot.

The cliff leap scenario is a potential outcome of doing nothing about
our contributions to climate change. Yet you want us all to continue
driving quickly down that road in a car with crappy brakes where
multiple signs are telling us that there is a cliff ahead. But because
some petroleum industry boss told you that the sign wasn't clear, you
want to accelerate more.

So the choice is:

1. Do something now and potentially save ourselves from huge problems.
2. Do nothing now and potentially put ourselves in the situation of
having an uninhabitable planet.

Again - only a fool or someone with a vested interest could see option
2 as being appropriate.

A further question for you:
If you are so worried about the economy, what is the economic impact of
having to deal with disasters on the scale of Hurricane Katrina every
few months?

--
patch70