Cycling.tv/Versus Giro Streaming Video Service Porked?

Old May 15th 07, 04:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Zeno

Default Cycling.tv/Versus Giro Streaming Video Service Porked?

I signed up for Cycling.TV's Versus streaming video Giro coverage a
couple of weeks ago. I have used this service in the past without a
problem, but they have radically redesigned the interface. I *tried*
to start watching the Giro yesterday.

The first bad sign was that the Cycling.tv web site kept
spontaneously spawning new browser pages for other parts of their web
site. I tried both IE 7 & Firefox 2 , same thing. Very annoying,
especially because the unwanted pages featured video that started
playing.

The second bad sign was that when I tried to watch the Stage 3 in
progress yesterday, nothing came up in the player. The replay is
supposed to be posted within 30 minutes. So, later, I tried but could
not find anything that would play Stage 3.

The third bad sign is that the new interface is very poorly designed
and the site is hard to navigate. The Versus "channel" does not
integrate at all smoothly. Occasional error messages and browser
crashes.

The forth bad sign was that I emailed Cycling.tv support about the
above yesterday morning, but still have not heard anything back from
them today. In the past, they were relatively prompt responding to
questions

Next is good news/bad news. The good news is that today I was able to
find the replay for Stage 3 on the their "Video on Demand" page. The
bad news is that it was shown on the page as a link for a replay of
"Stage 2." (There is no link for Stage 3.) When I clicked on the
link for "Stage 2," when the video started playing, the video frame
read "Stage 2," but it was actually showing the video for Stage 3.
Yeah, so I found it by accident, but go figure. Do they QC that web
site?

Is anybody else having these kinds of problems? Is anybody having no
problems? Are there work arounds?

Thanks,

Zeno

Old May 15th 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
paolo

On May 15, 8:25 am, Zeno wrote:
[...]

Welcome to cycling.tv

You've experienced the same thing countless other cycling.tv users
have - I for one.

I'm grateful SOMEONE is providing a feed from europe across the major
protour events. Yes, it's still a work-in-progress, but they've had
some amazing success on the feed side vs last year. I don't have
Versus cable for Sunday's coverage, so the streaming feed is all I
get.

The multi-window popup "design" (I thought it was a mistake or bug) is
unbelievable. It appears they got hung-up on the how to display
program listings and the streaming video on the same page and opted
for 2 separate windows. Unfortunately, they haven't been able to
coordinate the login and navigation between the two, particularly
since the "video stream window" still contains duplicate navigation
(and conflicting navigation) options.

And because of the dual window design, it's hard to bookmark shortcuts
to get around the navigation confusion.

it typically takes me about 5 minutes to get the live feed running
correctly, but then again, it takes the riders about 150km to actually
start racing. So may be the whole thing is part of some grand ProTour
rider design????

Good luck.

Old May 15th 07, 05:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jan

paolo wrote:
On May 15, 8:25 am, Zeno wrote:
[...]

Can't help with your cycling.tv probs. BUT you shouldbe able to watch
live streaming at http://www.media.rai.it/mpmedia/0,,S...4655,0.html#cf
and recorded video at
http://www.raiclicktv.it/raiclickpc/...srv?id=2414#cf

HTH

Jan

Old May 17th 07, 05:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Richard Cheese

Is anybody else having these kinds of problems? Yes, I've had the same
problems and have sent e-mail to cycling.tv without response.

Are there work arounds? Yes, tell everyone you know to not subscribe to
such a buggy-ass website like cycling.tv.

They need serious help.

ups.com...

Old May 17th 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Marlene Blanshay

i don't know about you, but i had problems today with RAI's internet
coverage... i missed the live streaming video this morning, but decided
to watch the 'last km' of todays and yesterdays stage. For some reason,
after the little 10 second advertisement, it froze up my browser
(Firefox). It didn't do that last time... anyone else having this? I
have exploder on my pc... guess i'll try that.