TK was exactly right. OT

Old June 22nd 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Default TK was exactly right. OT weaseling Mea Culpa

In article
,
Bill C wrote:

On Jun 21, 10:08*pm, Howard Kveck wrote:

IMO that doesn't apply to you and TK though. The, I want to choose
the words carefully here, brutally hostile, psychopathic maybe,
totally irrational reaction you provoke from him just for living puts
you in a different situation. I'm really surprised that he doesn't
react that way to more people too. I'm not sure what, in particular,
makes you the target since others have been much nastier to him, with
much less provocation.

TK has never been as mad at HK as I have. I got so mad, I sent Kveck a
John Tesh CD.

I guess in this case, in particular, when he is right I feel he needs
to be recognized for it. It's intellectually honest, it sets whoever
does it apart, it validates their integrity.

Old June 22nd 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
TK has never been as mad at HK as I have. I got so mad, I sent Kveck a
John Tesh CD.

To be really effective you should have sent him a best of Rush
Limbaugh along with the Tesh cd. However the UN might object.

Old June 22nd 08, 09:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_2_]

Donald Munro wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
TK has never been as mad at HK as I have. I got so mad, I sent Kveck a
John Tesh CD.

To be really effective you should have sent him a best of Rush
Limbaugh along with the Tesh cd. However the UN might object.

I've got TK killfiled, so if he says something worthwhile I'll
probably miss it.

I just wish all you retards would stop following his stuff up,
so that the chance that I'd miss it would be better.

Bob Schwartz
Old June 22nd 08, 09:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jun 22, 4:08*pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:

I've got TK killfiled, so if he says something worthwhile I'll
probably miss it.

I just wish all you retards would stop following his stuff up,
so that the chance that I'd miss it would be better.

Bob Schwartz

Guess you don't want the links for folks like the Traditional Values
Coalition, and the rest of those folks?
They're out there, they pay politicians and think-tanks, and they
vote. You got TK killed, but some of the **** they come up with makes
him look liberal.
People know about Westboro Baptist, but they are nothing. Lots of
groups out there, real close to them in ideology, that are
"respectable" and massively larger. Like TK they grab selected quotes,
actions, etc...to paint a distorted picture, and there is plenty of
that to use that's accurate.
Michelle Obama's "proud" quote is a perfect example.
Scary thing is they are on both fringes, and do matter.
Bill C
Old June 23rd 08, 01:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ],
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

In article
,
Bill C wrote:

On Jun 21, 10:08*pm, Howard Kveck wrote:

IMO that doesn't apply to you and TK though. The, I want to choose
the words carefully here, brutally hostile, psychopathic maybe,
totally irrational reaction you provoke from him just for living puts
you in a different situation. I'm really surprised that he doesn't
react that way to more people too. I'm not sure what, in particular,
makes you the target since others have been much nastier to him, with
much less provocation.

TK has never been as mad at HK as I have. I got so mad, I sent Kveck a
John Tesh CD.

I still don't know what I did to you to deserve having my home sullied with that
(heh).

--
tanx,
Howard

The bloody pubs are bloody dull
The bloody clubs are bloody full
Of bloody girls and bloody guys
With bloody murder in their eyes

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old June 23rd 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

Default TK was exactly right. OT

In article ,
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

On Jun 21, 7:08*pm, Howard Kveck wrote:

He claims, for example, to have an
engineering degree from the USAF

Dumbass -

That's his engineering degree?!

omg. hahahahahahahahahaha!

Jesus.

If you think that's funny, you'll get a huge laugh out of this (for two reasons):

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...0d210fe8a95a49

Old June 23rd 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001...74602#25274602
Old June 23rd 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Bill C wrote:

Dumbass

Ya know you're ****ing up. You do it pretty often too. It's hard to
play the asshole blowhard type when you post good, well thought out,
researched, accurate ****, and solidly based opinions anytime you
aren't purposely yanking someones chain.
Monkeyboy does a lot of that too.

You think Henry's getting soft?
Old June 23rd 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Bill C wrote:

TK's point was that biofuels are bad for the world's food supply. I
wasn't sure about that then, and still am not sure about it, but lots
of supposedly credible people are agreeing with him on that point.
That's almost always the point with TK. There's a solid kernel of
information there, then it explodes into something else, which it did
here, but that doesn't invalidate his original point. More research
may do that.

I guess in this case, in particular, when he is right I feel he needs
to be recognized for it. It's intellectually honest, it sets whoever
does it apart, it validates their integrity.

I see it very differently. He may have more or less said that biofuels would have
an effect on world food supplies but that wasn't the point he was making. His point
was (once again) that liberals/progressives are bad people. Based on my reading of
TK's posts, he couldn't care less if people in Africa or Asia are going hungry,
except insofar as the darkies might get mad and rise up and inconvenience him in some
way.

The two most important things in Tom's life are 1) making himself seem important,
bigger, stronger, smarter and more moral than everyone else, and 2) bashing liberals
(which is a means to the first). This is how the logic works: if the people who
advocate the use of biofuel didn't foresee that it would lead to food supply
problems, they're stupid. If those food supply issues lead to problems in less
advantaged countries, then it's a simple step to consider that "genocide" and
everyone knows genocide is evil. So the people who advocate biofuels are both stupid
and evil. That means every cause they support is equally stupid and evil. The main
thing he was trying to do was associate biofuel advocacy with was global warming and
we all know that Tom is a global warming denier. Therefore, anyone who would advocate
the use of biofuels (which in Tom's simplistic worldview is everyone who ever
disagreed with him) is an immoral global warming hysteric and liar and Tom WINS
AGAIN!!!

So saying he was right about something that was a peripheral issue to his main
point is like saying that his use of the word 'the' was right and he was correct
about whatever thing he used it in.

Old June 23rd 08, 03:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jun 22, 9:35*pm, Howard Kveck wrote:
In article ,
*Bill C wrote:

[...]

Hard to argue against your case for him using everything to further
his politics, accurate or not. He does everything you say, I'm just
not sure what's cause and what's effect.
On politics he's on the same plane as the folks trotting out Bush is
Hitler, and this is a Nazi police State hysteria we keep hearing too.
They don't want to hear the reality either, because it doesn't fit
their wishes. Anyone who disagrees is an idiot, or worse.
Noone's actually listening, looking, and learning. It's all about
ideology and propaganda.
Sweden is "1984", Bob Barr is a Libertarian???? Obama says we should
be use the Nuremburg trails as a guide. Well they have been illegal
under International law for decades. Those nice tolerant EU folks who
savaged the US on immigration are doing this:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...eQsVAD91CL8284
http://www.mercurynews.com/nationworld/ci_9647726

and we wont even get into McCain's complete dive into the Bush agenda.
Everyone needs an oil well in their yard, and NO you don't need no
stinkin' National Parks, they belong to the real Americans, the oil,
gas, mining, and timber companies, damnit!
I'll be not voting at all this time. Mass. will go Obama by a
landslide so JT need not fear that I'm gonna cost him the election, as
it did against Bush both times. That is a big factor in my decisions
BTW.
So TK really isn't that odd, unfortunately.
Maybe global warming isn't such a bad thing after all.
Bill C