Cycling Training Motivation

Old August 29th 08, 12:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ronny

Default Cycling Training Motivation

The problem I have is not the actual training part, but rather the
motivation to actually get on my bike. Im comfortable in my kit and
on
the bike I can't get enough. I just need that push to start getting
ready for the ride, to wake up early. Its easy to get the drive when
there's a big race coming up, so its easy for me to be consistant in
my training because everyone's training and I wouldn't wanna fall
behind or get dropped on the weekend ride. Im just looking for that
thing that i need that would make me jump up and start riding instead
of thinking up reasons why I don't have to. I started a blog where I
listed some of the stuff I could think of, but I still haven't found
"the thing" that would give me drive and push me to be better. If
anyone's interested, my blog is at http://cycleright.wordpress.com. I
have some cool training tips on there that have worked for me in the
past.
Old August 29th 08, 04:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
Ronny wrote:

The problem I have is not the actual training part, but rather the
motivation to actually get on my bike. Im comfortable in my kit and
on
the bike I can't get enough. I just need that push to start getting
ready for the ride, to wake up early.

Commute by bike. It worked for me.

Old August 29th 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Aug 29, 7:51 am, Ronny wrote:
The problem I have is not the actual training part, but rather the
motivation to actually get on my bike. Im comfortable in my kit and
on
the bike I can't get enough.

dumbass,

you are an earnest newbie, so i will give you an earnest answer.

commit to meeting people or a group ride. if someone is expecting to
meet you at a certain place/time you will be more responsible to make
that date.

it helps if you actually like the people you ride with too.

when i skip the group ride, or decide to ride on my own, the ride gets
pushed back. i'm distracted by oter things, yadda yadda and i don't
make it out.
Old August 29th 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

HGH? EPO?

Bike, bike, bike, meow,
ABS
Old August 30th 08, 01:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Aug 29, 12:52*pm, Amit Ghosh wrote:
On Aug 29, 7:51 am, Ronny wrote:

The problem I have is not the actual training part, but rather the
motivation to actually get on my bike. Im comfortable in my kit and
on
the bike I can't get enough.

dumbass,

you are an earnest newbie, so i will give you an earnest answer.

commit to meeting people or a group ride. if someone is expecting to
meet you at a certain place/time you will be more responsible to make
that date.

it helps if you actually like the people you ride with too.

when i skip the group ride, or decide to ride on my own, the ride gets
pushed back. i'm distracted by oter things, yadda yadda and i don't
make it out.

All good advice. Especially on crappy days, or days when you're sore
or whatever, it takes something else to get you started, and a good
training partner, or group is a huge help. Lots of times I'll feel
like garbage and really drag ass for the first 20 minutes, half hour,
and then loosen up and feel great, but would've never gotten out of
the house if it wasn't for training with someone.
Bill C

Training Motivation Ronny General 2 August 30th 08 04:17 PM
Training Motivation Ronny UK 0 August 28th 08 11:37 PM
Cycling training plans Michel UK 7 March 14th 08 07:15 PM
Cycling training plans Michel Australia 0 March 7th 08 03:22 AM
Cycling training plans Michel Racing 0 February 27th 08 02:51 AM