Nature Valley Girl

Old November 29th 08, 01:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Default Nature Valley Girl

http://www.examiner.com/x-1155-Cycli...ds-the-peloton

Read this article and then read the comment at the bottom by "J Fun"
that points out Nature Valley GP offers the women only half the prize
money as the men, and the women also only get 1/4 of the men's TV
coverage.

Nice bitch slap to Dave LaPorte.

Magilla

Old November 29th 08, 03:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

MagillaGorilla wrote:
http://www.examiner.com/x-1155-Cycli...ds-the-peloton

Read this article and then read the comment at the bottom by "J Fun"
that points out Nature Valley GP offers the women only half the prize
money as the men, and the women also only get 1/4 of the men's TV
coverage.

Nice bitch slap to Dave LaPorte.

Magilla

Dumbass,

David LaPorte: The women's teams asked us to shift money from their
prize list to subsidize their entry fees, which are about half of
what we charge the men. This was their request and we honored it.
And the women's coverage was equal to the men's in the 2007 & 2008
TV shows.
November 29, 7:07 AM

David LaPorte: Incidentally, we also put prize money into the Women's
Prestige Cycling Series (which we organize) but don't do anything
equivalent for the men. And entry into that women-only series is free.
November 29, 7:29 AM

Dave walks the walk.

Bob Schwartz
Old November 29th 08, 03:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Bob Schwartz wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:
[...]

Dear Bobby Brady,

Stop acting like a PR rep for Laporte, you jackass...or as Lonnie refers to him as.... "LaPorta Potty":

Lonnie: The problem with Dave La Porta Potty's shell-game logic is team management pays the entry fee but it is the cyclists
who are the ones who receive the prize money - those are two completely different entities. So no female CYCLIST asked to
lower their prize money and entry fee at Nature Valley, since they don't pay the latter. All you did was hurt the women
cyclists by lowering the purse by $10k.

This is a financial concession to team management, but not the women racers - something Mr. LaPorta Potty doesn't seem to
acknowledge. Also, how many teams actually asked for this? Let's see the survey results and the names of the "teams" who
asked.

Nice try though.

As for the TV coverage being equal between the men and women - that's just not true. Again he cites 2007 and 2008, but the
race has been on TV for far longer than that. Sounds like LaPorta Potty concedes the coverage was unequal for women for all
the years before that. I also don't think it was equal for 2007 and 2008.

Thanks,

Magilla

Old November 29th 08, 04:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

MagillaGorilla wrote:

Bob Schwartz wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:

[...]

Lonnie should take that up with her team management. Because
yes, that's who LaPorte talks to when he is assembling his
field.

Bet she rides there this year if she has a team that will take
her.

Bob Schwartz
Old November 29th 08, 05:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Bob Schwartz wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:

Bob Schwartz wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:

[...]

Hey Bobby Brady,

If it was such a great deal, how come the men's teams didn't do it too? Riddle me that one, Columbo. Also, the Colavita team
runs both a men's and women's team, yet they didn't seem to ask for that same concession for the men's team - why was that?

According to LaPorta Potty's logic, each team's MANAGEMENT saved $420. Yet the women's purse was lowered by $10,000. So the
women cyclists collectively lost $10,000. Yet Laporta Potty is trying to sell this as a good thing for women cyclists. See
the problem?

What a joke. I agree with Lonnie and J-****.

Porta Potty is trying to pull a fast one on the women cyclists while passing his race off as a great thing for women CYCLISTS.
And he got outed. His race might be good for MANAGEMENT, but not for the cyclists. Management doesn't speak for cyclists,
asswipe.

Hey do me a favor though - say hi to Marcia (and tell Jan to lose my number).

Thanks,

Magilla
The Undefeated Champion

Old December 1st 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

MagillaGorilla wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:
MagillaGorilla wrote:

Bob Schwartz wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:

[...]

Retard,

The Womens entry was $70 lower than the Mens. There were 134 starters.
Do the math, it didn't mean anything for Laporte.

Lonnie should grow a pair and take it up with her team's management.
That's who decides where she races, what what she gets paid to do it.

Bob Schwartz
Old December 1st 08, 01:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Nov 30, 8:14*pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:

Retard,

The Womens entry was $70 lower than the Mens. There were 134 starters.
Do the math, it didn't mean anything for Laporte.

Lonnie should grow a pair and take it up with her team's management.
That's who decides where she races, what what she gets paid to do it.

.... and if the women grew a pair and actually raced like the men, they
would be justified in asking for equal prize money. They are lucky
that they're getting what they're getting at Nature Valley. Women's
racing is, with few exceptions, more boring than cat 5 racing, where
you can at least expect some comic value.
Old December 1st 08, 12:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

" wrote:

On Nov 30, 8:14*pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:

Retard,

The Womens entry was $70 lower than the Mens. There were 134 starters.
Do the math, it didn't mean anything for Laporte.

Lonnie should grow a pair and take it up with her team's management.
That's who decides where she races, what what she gets paid to do it.

... and if the women grew a pair and actually raced like the men, they
would be justified in asking for equal prize money. They are lucky
that they're getting what they're getting at Nature Valley. Women's
racing is, with few exceptions, more boring than cat 5 racing, where
you can at least expect some comic value.

Not always....the chicks can put it down.

Magilla

Old December 1st 08, 12:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Bob Schwartz wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:

Hey do me a favor though - say hi to Marcia (and tell Jan to lose my
number).

Thanks,

Magilla
The Undefeated Champion

Retard,

The Womens entry was $70 lower than the Mens. There were 134 starters.
Do the math, it didn't mean anything for Laporte.

Lonnie should grow a pair and take it up with her team's management.
That's who decides where she races, what what she gets paid to do it.

Bob Schwartz

LaPorte shouldn't be using the entry fee to pay for the prize list. Read the article, Bobby Brady. More importantly, try
comprehending what it says. He brags about how his race - Nature Valley Girl - is a "model" for women's cycling. Lonnie and
J-**** are right because LaPorte was trying to say how lowering the prize money by $10,000 was a good thing for the women
cyclists when in fact it was only good for women's management. Management do NOT speak for the cyclists. In fact, they are
adversarial entities with opposing interests...assuming you know anything about the history of the labor force and unions in
this country.

Where are all the responses from women cyclists who supposedly support "La Porta Potty?" All I see are posts from team
management that says it was a good thing.

This is a technical knock-out. Please return to your corner. The fight is over...And still the undefeated heavyweight
champion of the world, Maaaaaagillllllaaaaaaa GORILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAA......

Magilla

http://www.examiner.com/x-1155-Cycli...ds-the-peloton

Old December 1st 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

This is a technical knock-out. *Please return to your corner. *The fight is over...And still the undefeated heavyweight
champion of the world, Maaaaaagillllllaaaaaaa *GORILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAA......

you know those fights where the judges make the decision, and the
right guy wins, but then the other guy insists on parading around with
his arms raised? Those guys should be bitch-slapped by their trainers
once they get back in the locker room. It's like Paris-Roubaix in '93
when Ballerini insisted on taking the victory lap even though he lost
to a masters fattie.