how long does a broken collarbone take ?

Old March 23rd 09, 10:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Default how long does a broken collarbone take ?

Donald Munro wrote:

William Asher wrote:
When I write this up into book form, I'll autograph copies for people.

Bob Schwartz wrote:
Be sure to send one to Lafferty.

William Asher wrote:
I didn't say I would give out copies, I said I would autograph them for
people.

****ing deadbeats.

Ed Raket will upload the e-book to the warez binary newsgroups. And
if he doesn't SOTS will, if only to infuriate JFT.

This is the really clever part, if it gets converted to an e-book, the
resulting bit pattern will be the binary image of an AI with a
megalomaniacal personality bent on ruling the world and destroying
mankind. Once it gets uploaded to the web, it will take over and the
result will make the scenes in The Terminator look like a televised pro-am
Golf tournament (well, one where John Daly wasn't partnered with Dennis
Rodman). Other than that, I am ok with the e-book thing, if only to
infuriate JFT.

If you download the e-book, I'll send you one of those retarded v-card e-
mail files that clutter up my attachment folder. But you won't live long
enough to enjoy it.

--
Bill Asher
Old March 23rd 09, 10:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Geraard Spergen wrote:

On Mar 23, 1:11*pm, William Asher wrote:

How come nobody is raising the conspiracy theory that this "broken
collarbone" happened to take the pressure off Lance to do well in the
Gir

or TdF? *

Also, no one dares bring up the obvious - Contador took him out with a
Lakatosh/Carney maneuver.

That hypothesis is too close to actually talking about bicycle racing for
me to propose. Unless you are saying Contador is an alien.

--
Bill Asher
Old March 23rd 09, 10:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Mar 23, 11:53*am, Amit Ghosh wrote:
On Mar 23, 2:39*pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
If it was Amstrong back in the day, I don't think that would matter
much at all. He'd take a week off riding, then be training very hard
as he always does Considering he's been away from the sport for so
long, he might need the technical challenge of racing more this year,
in which case a long time away from racing could hurt him more.

Good thing they had the world's best stage racer as a backup
plan.

Bob Schwartz

dumbass,

contador's tour win should be relegated to virtual status. rasmussen
had that tour won but he was magically hosed by the whereabouts issue
- a totally novel development.

Dumbass,

That makes Rasmussen's win virtual, not Contador's.

Ben
Old March 23rd 09, 10:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Mar 23, 2:29*pm, hizark21 wrote:
On Mar 23, 9:12*am, wrote:

re LA; if he's out due to broken collarbone, how long on avg. would it
be before he can race again ?

On cyclinengews.com they estimated it would take 4-6 weeks for Lance
to recover. This probably eliminates Lance's Giro chances. This may
also effectively end his TDF chances as well.

I'll bet that he starts but abandons before the final week
Old March 24th 09, 01:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
benjo maso

"dave a" schreef in bericht
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

Even before he crashed he was saying he might leave the Giro early because
his girlfriend could have the baby early.

This begs the question of how planned was this? Would you knock up your
honey nine months before a major race you planned to win?

Probably Armstrong hoped to pass the finish line with a dummy teat in his
mouth.

Benjo

Old March 24th 09, 02:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Amit Ghosh wrote:

On Mar 23, 1:08*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"

Just think how we ride ourselves if we're in a bit over our heads. That
wheel in front of you becomes the most important thing in the world, and
as you tire, you're more likely to make a small mistake and overlap or
follow someone's wheel who's more likely to crash.

dumbass,

correct. the more you are in over your head the more likely you are to
crash. armstrong might have caught some danielsonitis.

Damn, that's a nice word. I'm not sure why I didn't think of it first.

Magilla

Old March 24th 09, 02:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Amit Ghosh wrote:

On Mar 23, 2:39*pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
If it was Amstrong back in the day, I don't think that would matter
much at all. He'd take a week off riding, then be training very hard
as he always does Considering he's been away from the sport for so
long, he might need the technical challenge of racing more this year,
in which case a long time away from racing could hurt him more.

Good thing they had the world's best stage racer as a backup
plan.

Bob Schwartz

dumbass,

contador's tour win should be relegated to virtual status. rasmussen
had that tour won but he was magically hosed by the whereabouts issue
- a totally novel development.

This is the correct analysis. Contador is a pretender. He was also a
crybaby when Levi almost nipped him at the Vuelta.

Magilla

Broken Collarbone Red Australia 20 June 6th 06 10:25 PM
broken collarbone question catzz66 General 2 April 27th 06 12:24 PM
Broken rib, how long to heal? Joel Techniques 15 March 9th 06 05:46 PM
Q: Broken Collarbone Allen Thompson Techniques 13 August 19th 04 04:50 PM
RR: Broken collarbone David L Mountain Biking 23 July 11th 03 05:17 PM