the final word on helmets

Old November 9th 04, 07:35 PM
loki

Default the final word on helmets

Yeah sure it will be...

I have to ask everyone who chooses not to wear a helmet.

[ I'm not passing judgement. I'm an agnostic myself when it comes to brain
buckets]

If a helmet law is passed in your jurisdiction would you:

1] Stop cycling?

2] Flout the law?

3] Submit to the man?

--
'If I seem unduly clear to you
you must have misunderstood what I said'

Old November 9th 04, 08:40 PM
AustinMN

loki wrote:

Yeah sure it will be...

I have to ask everyone who chooses not to wear a helmet.

[ I'm not passing judgement. I'm an agnostic myself when it comes to brain
buckets]

If a helmet law is passed in your jurisdiction would you:

1] Stop cycling?

No.

2] Flout the law?

Yes.

3] Submit to the man?

No.

Austin
--
I'm pedaling as fast as I durn well please!
There are no X characters in my address

Old November 9th 04, 08:48 PM
Cheto

"loki" wrote in message

Yeah sure it will be...

I have to ask everyone who chooses not to wear a helmet.

[ I'm not passing judgement. I'm an agnostic myself when it comes to brain
buckets]

If a helmet law is passed in your jurisdiction would you:

1] Stop cycling?

2] Flout the law?

3] Submit to the man?

I suppose I would submit and buy one. I don't wear one now primarily
because 1) they're expensive and 2) I just don't like hats, and only wear
one when I absolutely have to.

Cheto

Old November 9th 04, 09:20 PM
Paul R

"loki" wrote in message

Yeah sure it will be...

I have to ask everyone who chooses not to wear a helmet.

[ I'm not passing judgement. I'm an agnostic myself when it comes to brain
buckets]

If a helmet law is passed in your jurisdiction would you:

1] Stop cycling?

Never!!!

2] Flout the law?

Often!!! Especially on nice days though.

3] Submit to the man?

Sometimes.

Old November 10th 04, 03:02 AM
Michael J. Klein

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:35:11 -0500, "loki"
wrote:

Yeah sure it will be...

I have to ask everyone who chooses not to wear a helmet.

[ I'm not passing judgement. I'm an agnostic myself when it comes to brain
buckets]

If a helmet law is passed in your jurisdiction would you:

1] Stop cycling?

2] Flout the law?

3] Submit to the man?

Where I live, bicyclists are classified as pedestrians and are subject
only to those laws. Such laws will never include mandatory helmets
for people on foot.

Michael J. Klein
Dasi Jen, Taoyuan Hsien, Taiwan, ROC
Please replace mousepotato with asiancastings
Old November 10th 04, 06:15 AM
Beaker

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 12:48:43 -0800, Cheto quoth:

I suppose I would submit and buy one. I don't wear one now primarily
because 1) they're expensive

You can't manage $20? ($13 on sale, even)

bkr

Old November 10th 04, 07:32 AM
Cheto

"Beaker" wrote in message

You can't manage $20? ($13 on sale, even)

Sure I can manage $20, but why? And, like I said, I don't like hats.

Cheto

BTW...the good one's I've seen cost a lot more than $20.

Old November 10th 04, 11:07 AM
Beaker

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 23:32:27 -0800, Cheto quoth:

BTW...the good one's I've seen cost a lot more than $20.

The $20 ones are plenty good enough.

bkr

Old November 10th 04, 11:27 AM
Maggie

"loki" wrote in message ...
Yeah sure it will be...

I have to ask everyone who chooses not to wear a helmet.

[ I'm not passing judgement. I'm an agnostic myself when it comes to brain
buckets]

If a helmet law is passed in your jurisdiction would you:

1] Stop cycling?

2] Flout the law?

3] Submit to the man?

I have not and never will buy a helmet to ride a bicycle. I have not
and never will wear a helmet while riding a bicycle. Unless I become a
really good cyclist and join a club which forces you to wear one. I
hear on club rides, helmets are mandatory. But that's ok because I
will be surrounded by helmet heads.
http://hometown.aol.com/lbuset/
Old November 10th 04, 06:00 PM
Cheto

"Beaker" wrote in message
On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 23:32:27 -0800, Cheto quoth:

BTW...the good one's I've seen cost a lot more than $20.

The $20 ones are plenty good enough.

Even if they were $2 I still wouldn't buy one. Part of the reason I enjoy
bicycling - even more than motorcycling - is that I don't have to wear a
bunch of safety crap.

Cheto

Helmets Vivian UK 460 April 28th 04 09:38 PM
Cricket helmets may slow the brain, says study (D. Telegraph, 15.4.2004) Scott Leckey UK 7 April 17th 04 08:57 PM
Convincing people to use helmets Oliver Keating UK 391 February 25th 04 11:50 AM