more intelligent computers

Old December 4th 04, 02:46 AM
Miles

Default more intelligent computers

Hello Group,

I am not good at keeping a constant cadence. If the computer
measures the cadence, caompares it to an upper and a lower
limit, and sounds off, that would be nice. Are there such
computers on the market?

Thanks.

Miles
Old December 4th 04, 06:41 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

I saw the subject line and wondered if the OP was proposing a touring
test...

Guy
--
"then came ye chavves, theyre cartes girded wyth candels
blue, and theyre beastes wyth straynge horn-lyke thyngs
Old December 5th 04, 12:50 AM
Mike Kruger

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
I saw the subject line and wondered if the OP was

proposing a touring
test...

That's a truly awful pun.
I'm sorry I didn't think of it first.

Old December 7th 04, 07:09 PM
Roger Zoul

Miles wrote:
|| Hello Group,
|| I am not good at keeping a constant cadence. If the computer
|| measures the cadence, caompares it to an upper and a lower
|| limit, and sounds off, that would be nice. Are there such
|| computers on the market?

With a simple handlebar mount, you can just look at your bike computer to
make sure you're within range. The problem, I think, with a sound
generating computer is that you might not always be able to hear it due to
wind noise generated by riding or anyother noise.

Old December 7th 04, 07:17 PM

Roger Zoul writes:

I am not good at keeping a constant cadence. If the computer
measures the cadence, caompares it to an upper and a lower
limit, and sounds off, that would be nice. Are there such
computers on the market?

With a simple handlebar mount, you can just look at your bike computer to
make sure you're within range. The problem, I think, with a sound
generating computer is that you might not always be able to hear it due to
wind noise generated by riding or anyother noise.

That could be fixed by using a high voltage discharge device connected
to the saddle to zap the rider whenever a cadence error occurs. Is
this really a problem, and who cares? Why?

Jobst Brandt