Cycling manager game

Old December 7th 04, 06:25 PM
THE_CYCLIST

Default Cycling manager game

George Chapman wrote:
BrokenSpoke wrote in message
. ..
. . . . . . .

I just got it working.
It seems you have to switch your time zone to GMT +1 (for us fools

living
on
this side of the pond) otherwise it crashes.
I'm also pretty sure you need DirectX 8.0.
There are some patches, but I'm not sure what they're for yet

(nothing
serious, I assume, just improvements).
BTW, this game looks pretty cool so far, I would recommend it to

everyone
out there.

Boyd Speerschneider
Florida, USA.

any clues to what the buttons do? . . . I think I figured out the

hr%
slider, but the chain and such? seems like a great way to kill time

at
work, but an english version would make it easier . . .

Chain = relay at front of peloton (rider must be near front to begin

with).
First click (green) = Work in chain gang. 2nd click (Blue) = hard

relay
(rider will not allow another rider past until he's cooked)

Round Red Button = Launch Attack (again, it is best if the rider is

at the
head of affairs)

Little "S" button = Launch sprint (there seems to be a problem with

the time
compression cos succesful sprints can start at 4km from the line!)

The 2 measurement bars are for Energy (top) and Stamina (bottom). The

blue
bar is easily recovered by resting after a major effort (or riding in

slipstream). The green bar is a much longer term measurement - if

that goes
to zero your rider has bonked!

You can also click on 1,2,3, which are food musettes (3 per stage)

The little light bulb represents whether the rider is under AI

control (when
the bulb is lit) or human control (when the bulb is dim). A rider

under AI
control will carry out his pre-set strategy.

I think there is an english manuel on the net (iirc,
www.cyanide-studio.com/manuel.zip ) but its quite a big download.

By the way, I recieved the full game today from france. It's really

cool,
with just about every big (and little) race you can think of. But I

don't
know how long it will last until it all gets a bit repetitive.

Hope that helped,

George

hey im italian and i play cym4, i hope to meet you on gamecenter to
play online im eddy89_ITA