you people are gay

Old November 22nd 04, 04:05 AM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 18:30:10 -0500, "Danny Callen"
wrote:

"John Forrest Tomlinson" wrote in message
.. .

OK troll, I'll bite. Too many right-wing jackasses seem to think of
politics as some sort of game where you want your team to "win" no
matter how wrong or ineffective they are. So congratulations -- the
Bush team "won" -- too bad the US military, the US public (huge
deficits), the world public (less secure world due to US adventurism)
and lots of other groups are losing. You're the winner. Yeah, go team!

JT

Nope, not true. It was the elitist name calling that I'm refering to. Go
back and read my posts John. I respect the process and the direction that
the country decided. You do not.

Bull****. Bush is the president and I recognize that. But you don't
seem to understand that it is is my right to denouce his policies as
president because they are wrong. That is not whining. That is doing
what is right. If you think that just because the guy won the election
people should roll over and take his bad policies w/o complaint, and
that dissent is whining, you are even more anti-democratic than I
thought. In fact, dissent of bad policy is not only a right -- it's a
duty.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old November 22nd 04, 06:57 PM
Raptor

Danny Callen wrote:
"John Forrest Tomlinson" wrote in message
PS -- there are a small number of people who voted for Bush who are
not stupid or duped. Some are very wealthy and benefit from his tax
policies. That's the worst kind of elitism -- people doing very well
economically who put their own benefit ahead of broader society.
Another group are anti-gay and/or anti-choice. They're not stupid or
duped -- they're just haters and immoral.

You've completely lost your mind and my respect. Please let me know when you
have your head removed from your ass and start thinking clearly again. My
point has been clearly proven over and over again..those that don't agree
with you are stupid. I really thought you were smarter than that John, I
hate to admit I was wrong because you are completely clueless about where I
and likely many voters stand on the issues....I can't believe I just wasted
my time typing this. Enjoy your fantasy world.

Danny Callen

A hint might be due: JT's not the only one, and his head's not up his ass.

It's one thing to be conservative, intelligent and sincere, but
variously misguided. Thinking liberals can work with people like that.
We're willing to win some and lose some. But it's another thing entirely
that enough people voted to re-elect our *amazingly* inept and wrong
presidential administration. The reasons people voted the way they did,
gleaned from reading between the exit polls, are not acceptable. They
are cause for alarm and deep discouragement.

I view the recent presidential election as being won/lost due to too
many voters abandoning critical thought and instead voting based on
emotion, misinformation and/or their own personal moral grounds (which
are largely contradictory to the morality set forth in our founding
documents).

This is why you see people deciding to leave the country. The thought's
crossed my mind. It's not cutting and running, it's not weakness
necessarily, it's a realization that the nation you've grown up in,
worked for and love, has drifted away from common sense and moral
values. It's a sense that this place has gone to hell and you don't
belong here anymore.

I don't presume to suggest what you should do with such information.

"We should not march into Baghdad. ... Assigning young soldiers to
a fruitless hunt for a securely entrenched dictator and condemning
them to fight in what would be an unwinnable urban guerilla war, it
could only plunge that part of the world into ever greater
instability." George Bush Sr. in his 1998 book "A World Transformed"

Old November 23rd 04, 02:17 AM
Danny Callen

"John Forrest Tomlinson" wrote in message

Bull****. Bush is the president and I recognize that. But you don't
seem to understand that it is is my right to denouce his policies as
president because they are wrong. That is not whining. That is doing
what is right. If you think that just because the guy won the election
people should roll over and take his bad policies w/o complaint, and
that dissent is whining, you are even more anti-democratic than I
thought. In fact, dissent of bad policy is not only a right -- it's a
duty.

JT

NO! NO! NO! JT. I know you're not stupid and I know you can read. I
completely respect your perspective and point of view; that is not my beef;
however, when you started calling those that voted for Bush "stupid" and
"duped" that's where you crossed the line. Go back and read the goddam
thread and note one time where I said democrates were "stupid" or "duped". I
disagree with your politcally perspective 100% but have never had to stupe
lopw enough to call you stupid or duped.. You can not seem to accept that
there are just people that disagree with you unless you can justify it by
calling them a name. That is completely childish. In fact it's laughable...

Danny Callen

Old November 23rd 04, 02:39 AM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 20:17:15 -0500, "Danny Callen"
wrote:

You can not seem to accept that
there are just people that disagree with you
unless you can justify it by
calling them a name.

There are cases in which I disagree with people where I do not view
them as stupid or duped. The recent election is not one of them.

In this case "stupid" is not just a name -- it's a description. There
has been ample commentary in this group and others to explain why they
are stupid -- from issues from domestic security to international
security to the economy to public health.

JT

Old November 23rd 04, 01:16 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:32:11 -0500, "Danny Callen"
wrote:

You've completely lost your mind and my respect. Please let me know when you
have your head removed from your ass and start thinking clearly again.

Please let me know when you actually look at politics based not on the
basest and lamest of instincts that the right wing pandered to in the
recent elections.

My
point has been clearly proven over
and over again..those that don't agree
with you are stupid.

Not on everything, but in the recent election the people who voted for
Bush are. Except for the greedly, the duped, the marriage-haters and
the anti-choice crowd.

I really thought you were smarter than that John,

You were right all along and still are. The problem is you're so
reactionary in your anti-liberalism that you let it get the better of
you. so I've taken the gloves off and am speaking more frankly than in
the past. I tried to be polite with people who have bought the Bush
nonsense in the past but I can't take it anymore -- it's just wrong.
So I'm speaking more freely now.

JT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com

the final word on helmets loki General 18 November 15th 04 06:12 AM
Sound familiar Bob Mountain Biking 12 March 9th 04 01:38 AM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
[OT] Speeding motorist - "It's unfair" Tim Woodall UK 95 August 9th 03 09:28 AM