Why aren't you discussing Six Feet Under?

Old August 22nd 05, 04:28 PM

Default Why aren't you discussing Six Feet Under?

I feel sorry for the gearheads who prattle on, business as usual,
ignoring the fabulous SFU finale.
Broaden your horizons and I will be optimistic about my fellow bikers

Old August 22nd 05, 07:01 PM
Dewey B

Oh my God, that was so sad. The writers are merciless!!! Making us
watch everyone's death. I KNOW everyone dies, but the human mind can't
sustain watching everyone die at once! Okay, I know they're characters
on a TV show.... The fact that love endures was a saving grace: David
dies at the remembrance of his beloved and beautiful Keith. Crazy
Billy with Brenda to the end. Crazy George with Ruth. Claire, blind
and alone, facing a wall of photographs. Who needs to get this
depressed on a Sunday night? It was an amazing episode and show, but
now I'm glad it's over.

Old August 22nd 05, 08:38 PM
Morgan Fletcher

That was an amazing finale. I'm glad they had Nate's ghost reconcile with
Brenda.

Nate's final dream with the alternate David was wild!

Heck, it's been soap operas here all summer. SFU was as good as any in bike
racing. Watching it was emotionally as tough as riding a really hard
TT. The "In Memoriam" special on SFU was pretty good, with talking pieces
by the writers and director and actors.

Morgan
--
Morgan Fletcher, Oakland, CA, USA
Old August 23rd 05, 01:41 AM

I cried for an hour afterwards. I have never cried after a movie or
show. My wife was taken aback. SHe has lost respect for me as a man.
She thinks I am too sensitive.

Old August 23rd 05, 08:19 AM
Bob Martin

in 480964 20050822 190101 "Dewey B" wrote:
Oh my God, that was so sad. The writers are merciless!!! Making us
watch everyone's death. I KNOW everyone dies, but the human mind can't
sustain watching everyone die at once!

Also happened at the end of Black Adder 2
Old August 24th 05, 01:10 AM

Black Adder 2?
We are talking about Six Feet Under here!
That is like comparing "Gone With the Wind" to "Dukes of Hazzard"

Old August 27th 05, 08:21 AM
Kyle Legate

Dewey B wrote:
Oh my God, that was so sad. The writers are merciless!!! Making us
watch everyone's death. I KNOW everyone dies, but the human mind can't
sustain watching everyone die at once! Okay, I know they're characters
on a TV show.... The fact that love endures was a saving grace: David
dies at the remembrance of his beloved and beautiful Keith. Crazy
Billy with Brenda to the end. Crazy George with Ruth. Claire, blind
and alone, facing a wall of photographs. Who needs to get this
depressed on a Sunday night? It was an amazing episode and show, but
now I'm glad it's over.

Six feet under jumped the shark at the beginning of the third season. I
bought the season on DVD on the strength of the first two seasons, and
it was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent on entertainment.