Prudhomme considers Tour de France stages without race radios

Old March 17th 08, 07:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default Prudhomme considers Tour de France stages without race radios

"jean-yves hervé" wrote in message
In article ,
"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

"jean-yves hervé" wrote in message

This was my feeble attempt at trying to prevent Tom from sidetracking
this into a discussion about Lemond's motivations, character, etc.

Followed by:

I don't think that he would make up stuff like that, but I understand
that others might distrust his version of the conversation.

Any questions?

Yes: (1) What do you think you are accomplishing with this bit of
out-of-context, selective quoting? (2) Do you still believe that
Landis did not think he was doing anything wrong in his dealings with
Lemond, or that he thought he was just doing "what 'em folks who grew up
using phones and stuff usually do"?

1) I'm trying to point out your own selective quoting. I think that you and
I are pretty much on the same sheet except for methodology.

2) Landis is a hick. How many times do I have to say that? He is JUST NOW
learning how to act with the sophistication of someone that earned the
amount of money he did. It is very difficult to connect stuff he said and
did before to his real beliefs. Let's remember that after belonging to an
extremely conservative religious group that blocked out most city
dweller-like thought patterns he attempted to become "Joe Six-pack".
Eventually he began to learn that was equally a false front. Give the guy a
break!

Old March 17th 08, 09:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Mar 17, 3:21 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

2) Landis is a hick.

dumbass,

what's your excuse ? does swallowing protour semen cause brain
damage ?

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...1s8landis.html

Then DeCanio says this:

"Clinger told me that while he was racing in 2002 on the United States
Postal Service Pro Cycling Team he used HGH, testosterone and EPO
along with Floyd Landis. David told me, and I quote, 'Landis used more
HGH than anyone he had ever witnessed before. He would use entire
vials of HGH and he is crazy.' "

Instead the UCI uses them as health checks, issuing a 15-day
suspension for male riders with hematocrit levels, which measure red
blood cells, over 50 percent and hemoglobin concentrations above 17
grams per deciliter of blood.

In a pre-Tour blood screen from June 29, two days before the 2006 race
began, Landis had a hematocrit level of 44.8 percent and hemoglobin
level of 15.5. On July 11, 10 stages into the Tour, his hematocrit had
increased to 48.2 and his hemoglobin to 16.1.
Old March 18th 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
dbrower

On Mar 17, 2:51 pm, Amit Ghosh wrote:
On Mar 17, 3:21 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

2)Landisis a hick.

dumbass,

what's your excuse ? does swallowing protour semen cause brain
damage ?

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...1s8landis.html

Then DeCanio says this:

"Clinger told me that while he was racing in 2002 on the United States
Postal Service Pro Cycling Team he used HGH, testosterone and EPO
along withFloydLandis. David told me, and I quote, 'Landisused more
HGH than anyone he had ever witnessed before. He would use entire
vials of HGH and he is crazy.' "

So we have third hand, DeCanio saying Clinger said... And how does
Clinger allegedly know this? Has Clinger subsequently repeated this
story directly to anyone but DeCanio on record? (BTW, the idea of
Maori-man calling someone else crazy is a new twist on pot and
kettle.)

Instead the UCI uses them as health checks, issuing a 15-day
suspension for male riders with hematocrit levels, which measure red
blood cells, over 50 percent and hemoglobin concentrations above 17
grams per deciliter of blood.

In a pre-Tour blood screen from June 29, two days before the 2006 race
began,Landishad a hematocrit level of 44.8 percent and hemoglobin
level of 15.5. On July 11, 10 stages into the Tour, his hematocrit had
increased to 48.2 and his hemoglobin to 16.1.

So after hard pre-tour training before the start he's depleted. Then
after a week of flat stages huddled in the peloton, he's recovered and
the values are up. This proves what?

Even USADA isn't using these numbers to argue anything, because they
know there is nothing there.

-dB

Old March 18th 08, 11:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"dbrower" wrote in message
On Mar 17, 2:51 pm, Amit Ghosh wrote:
In a pre-Tour blood screen from June 29, two days before the 2006 race
began,Landishad a hematocrit level of 44.8 percent and hemoglobin
level of 15.5. On July 11, 10 stages into the Tour, his hematocrit had
increased to 48.2 and his hemoglobin to 16.1.

So after hard pre-tour training before the start he's depleted. Then
after a week of flat stages huddled in the peloton, he's recovered and
the values are up. This proves what?

Even USADA isn't using these numbers to argue anything, because they
know there is nothing there.

Ahh, to think that Amit still knows nothing but what he surmises.