47+ cm chainstay length bikes

Old March 20th 04, 06:14 PM
Willy Smallboy

Default 47+ cm chainstay length bikes

Anyone know of any bikes (frames) with a chainstay length of 47 cm or
more. I have only been able to find Trek 720 and a 620. Sakkit makes
one but I am looking for a common (ie cheaper) frame to make a
touring bike.
tia

Old March 21st 04, 01:12 AM
Bruce Frech

Cannondale make great touring frames. Would you be happy with an 18"
chainstay = 45.7cm? I've used them and that sure is long enough to give
your heels clearance from panniers and give a softer ride due to moving the
impact point further back. Plus there is enough length to mount a full
length frame pump between the seat tube and fenders. To get a cheaper one
try searching EBay.

Why do you want 47cm?

Bruce

Old March 21st 04, 03:17 AM
daveornee

Willy Smallboy wrote:
Anyone know of any bikes (frames) with a chainstay length of 47 cm or
more. I have only been able to find Trek 720 and a
620. Sakkit makes one but I am looking for a common (ie cheaper) frame
to make a touring bike. tia

Most of the common ones I know are around 44 to 45 cm

-

Old March 22nd 04, 01:38 AM
Frank Knox

"Willy Smallboy" wrote in message
Anyone know of any bikes (frames) with a chainstay length of 47 cm or
more. I have only been able to find Trek 720 and a 620. Sakkit makes
one but I am looking for a common (ie cheaper) frame to make a
touring bike.
tia

Mercians are very reasonable and make a bike you can be proud to own. Try
the King of Mercia. They have a link to a currency converter on the site.

For more info, do a search on the CR or Bob lists for Mercian.