It seems cyclists go berzerk when somone hoots them.

Old April 8th 14, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default It seems cyclists go berzerk when somone hoots them.

Even another cyclist!!

"The victim blew his horn as a warning to the other cyclist who came
back and kicked his bike twice, knocking him to the ground"

What a pity there was no reg. number to trace.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/1113...i st_in_York/
Old April 8th 14, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Tue, 08 Apr 2014 12:13:45 +0100, Mrcheerful
wrote:

Even another cyclist!!

"The victim blew his horn as a warning to the other cyclist who came
back and kicked his bike twice, knocking him to the ground"

What a pity there was no reg. number to trace.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/1113...i st_in_York/

"he spotted another cyclist coming towards him pulling wheelies"

What are these? Wheely bins for putting rubbish in?

I wonder how many he was pulling.

Old April 8th 14, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

"Mrcheerful" wrote

Even another cyclist!!

"The victim blew his horn

A horn on a bicycle? No mention of whether rubber bulb or gas canister.

as a warning to the other cyclist

Well, it seems the other person was being a plonker but if it was the
latter type of horn then so was the horn user. Difficult to imagine what
kind of "warning" was needed that couldn't have been done by voice.

who came back and kicked his bike twice, knocking him to the ground"

What a pity there was no reg. number to trace.

If I was the policeman involved I would want to have look at this horn. I
then might suggest to the "victim" that he goes home, puts a plaster on his
knee and reflects and forgets, lest the "perpetrator" puts in an
assault charge.

Old April 8th 14, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 08/04/2014 20:34, TMS320 wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote

Even another cyclist!!

"The victim blew his horn

A horn on a bicycle? No mention of whether rubber bulb or gas canister.

as a warning to the other cyclist

Well, it seems the other person was being a plonker but if it was the
latter type of horn then so was the horn user. Difficult to imagine what
kind of "warning" was needed that couldn't have been done by voice.

who came back and kicked his bike twice, knocking him to the ground"

What a pity there was no reg. number to trace.

If I was the policeman involved I would want to have look at this horn. I
then might suggest to the "victim" that he goes home, puts a plaster on his
knee and reflects and forgets, lest the "perpetrator" puts in an
assault charge.

You are phil lee, aicmfp
Old April 9th 14, 01:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

"Mrcheerful" wrote
[...]

Is there a problem not liking headaches?

You have yet to answer my question:-

Considering you seem to think that hearing is important to a cyclist, why
do you appear to defend an action that damages this sense?

Please don't give an answer by trying to wave spls around when it is
obvious it is all above your head.

Old April 9th 14, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 09/04/2014 01:22, TMS320 wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote
[...]

You must be the exception to the rule that is always mentioned. My
experience and knowledge of loud noise is different to yours. I still
do not believe that your hearing will be damaged by the occasional car
hooting near you. Psycholists seem to experience everything differently
to normal people. It must be very trying for you.

Old April 9th 14, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Wed, 09 Apr 2014 08:33:13 +0100, Mrcheerful
wrote:

[...]

I think it is part of their senses not working in the usual way:

They may often be colour blind - or have deficient vision when it comes to
seeing red lights.

Some obviously have something wrong with their hearing: this explains when a
cyclists knocks a pedestrian over and buggers off, it is not intentional - it
is just that they will have not heard the "stop you ****" shouted at them

Their sense of smell is clearly obviously deficient: whilst many people around
them can easily smell the body odour of the sweaty cyclist: they cannot detect
it themselves.

Their sense of touch can also be deficient: many cyclists have haemorrhoids -
but cannot detect them by touch: and hence deny that they have them.

Their sense of reasoning is often up the shutter: they will often go off on a
tangent addressing trivia - rather than answering substantive questions

Old April 10th 14, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

"Mrcheerful" wrote
[...]

What rule are you referring to?

My experience and knowledge of loud noise is different to yours. I still
do not believe that your hearing will be damaged by the occasional car
hooting near you.

Your knowledge is lacking. You are now being told that loud noises cause
some people to complain or behave unpredictably. Store that snippet away and
don't act so surprised if they bite back.

Psycholists seem to experience everything differently to
normal people.

If you are an example of "normal"...

It must be very trying for you.

Yes

cyclist goes berzerk over a puncture Mrcheerful UK 18 April 7th 14 12:16 AM
another normal, stable cyclist.....goes berzerk with an axe! Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 4 January 9th 11 12:57 PM
Somone had to do it... Pip Ryder UK 39 July 23rd 09 09:39 AM
Pump Gauge Gone Berzerk NY Rides Techniques 3 June 14th 06 07:53 PM
Somone told me that observatory trail 94575 Racing 0 December 27th 05 04:37 PM