OT Cats (was: Shimano electronic shifting)

Old February 5th 09, 04:22 AM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

Default OT Cats (was: Shimano electronic shifting)

In article ,
Tom Sherman writes:
Tom Keats wrote:
[...]
AIUI, the ancient agrarian Egyptians learned to appreciate
cats because cats helped defend their granaries from the
onslaughts of rats & mice.[...]

Anyone who lives with cats know the conventional wisdom about the
ancient Egyptians domesticating the cat is nonsense. The truth is the
cat domesticated the Egyptians.

The cat is the only animal that lives regularly with humans that has not
changed significantly from its wild state.

I've sometimes wondered -- from what wild animals were our
modern day cows derived? Did cows ever even have a wild state?
Bison come to mind, but they're not really cows, nor are oxen.

Maybe cows come from some original African creature that's
had its wildness thoroughly bred out of them? How the heck
did we end up with these delicious, so-giving-of-themselves
cows?

I believe Al Capp considered these questions too, when
he was doing his Shmoo thing. Moo, shmoo.

cheers,
Tom

--
"What's good enough for General Bullmoose is good enough
for the US of A."
Old February 5th 09, 04:47 AM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default OT Cats

Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,