Statins Bad for Cyclists

Old March 18th 12, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill[_2_]

Default Statins Bad for Cyclists

http://sportsgeezer.com/2012/statins...ercise-harder/

On the plus side we don't need them in the first place.

Bret Cahill

Old March 18th 12, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Bret Cahill" wrote in message
http://sportsgeezer.com/2012/statins...ercise-harder/

On the plus side we don't need them in the first place.

Have you seen my health check, Bret?
Not bad for a bloke in his mid 50's.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/bupa.htm

--
Simon Mason
Old March 18th 12, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill[_2_]

http://sportsgeezer.com/2012/statins...ercise-harder/

On the plus side we don't need them in the first place.

Have you seen my health check, Bret?
Not bad for a bloke in his mid 50's.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/bupa.htm

The sedentary here will envy the 25 year old lungs.

Ignore the activity level warning. There's a tribe in the Copper
Canyon, Chihuahua, Mexico that runs all night long wearing sandals.

You might want to check bone density, however. The cheap test of the
heel is often on the high side.

What are your blood pressures & rest pulse rate?

One of my less suspect theories is you only have 2.8 billion or so
heart beats. If you exercise hard 4% of the day, about 1 hour, you
can get the RPR down and make that number last up to twice as long.

I try to keep my systolic + rest pulse rate below 150. That number is
somewhat impervious from recent activity.

Bret Cahill

Old March 19th 12, 12:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 18/03/2012 19:59, Simon Mason wrote:

"Bret Cahill" wrote in message
http://sportsgeezer.com/2012/statins...ercise-harder/

On the plus side we don't need them in the first place.

Have you seen my health check, Bret?
Not bad for a bloke in his mid 50's.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/bupa.htm

Such a shame about the mental health.

University
Old March 19th 12, 12:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 18/03/2012 17:42, Bret Cahill wrote:
http://sportsgeezer.com/2012/statins...ercise-harder/

On the plus side we don't need them in the first place.

Nobody needs statins.

University
Old March 19th 12, 05:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 18, 8:46*pm, Bret Cahill wrote:
http://sportsgeezer.com/2012/statins...ercise-harder/

On the plus side we don't need them in the first place.

Have you seen my health check, Bret?
Not bad for a bloke in his mid 50's.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/bupa.htm

The sedentary here will envy the 25 year old lungs.

Ignore the activity level warning. *There's a tribe in the Copper
Canyon, Chihuahua, Mexico that runs all night long wearing sandals.

In my opinion, you cannot be TOO active, so I ignored that advice.

You might want to check bone density, however. *The cheap test of the
heel is often on the high side.

What are your blood pressures & rest pulse rate?

My blood pressure is typically 120/75 and resting pulse rate is 55.

--
Simon Mason