Hunt for killer driver after hit-and-run horror: Shocking moment carploughs into father-of-three cyclist, 59, catapulting him 100ft through theair before he died in the street

Old September 24th 20, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Hunt for killer driver after hit-and-run horror: Shocking moment carploughs into father-of-three cyclist, 59, catapulting him 100ft through theair before he died in the street

QUOTE:

Police have released harrowing footage showing the moment a cyclist was mowed down by a hit-and-run driver and left to die in the street.

CCTV shows Andell Goulbourne, 59, being catapulted 100ft through the air during the horrific collision on July 30.

The father-of-three was struck by a grey BMW M135i coming in the opposite direction as he turned right in Saltley, Birmingham.

The volunteer charity worker was pronounced dead at the roadside despite the best efforts of paramedics who rushed to the scene at around 11.15pm.

The disturbing footage - which shows how the victim was sent flying along the street by the impact of the collision - was issued by police today.

It has been released with the permission of the popular great-grandad's heartbroken family as part of a new appeal while detectives still hunt his killer.

Police are appealing for the whereabouts of 24-year-old Kashif Khan, who is wanted in connection with the horror crash.
Kashif Khan, 24, from Birmingham, is wanted in connection with the collision that took place in Saltley, Birmingham, on July 30
+4

Kashif Khan, 24, from Birmingham, is wanted in connection with the collision that took place in Saltley, Birmingham, on July 30
Andell Goulbourne, 59, was hit by a grey BMW M135i as he was riding along Washwood Heath Road
+4

Andell Goulbourne, 59, was hit by a grey BMW M135i as he was riding along Washwood Heath Road

Crimestoppers have offered a £5,000 reward leading to information after it is believed he fled the country 21 hours after the incident.

The leased car, which contained four occupants, fled the scene in the aftermath. Three men have been interviewed about the incident but Khan remains at large.

West Midlands Police Detective Sergeant Paul Hughes said: 'I want to appeal directly to Kashif Khan to come forward so that we can establish what happened that night.

'The response from the public following the release of CCTV images was excellent and I would like to thank everyone that got in touch and continue to appeal to anyone with information to contact us.'

Crimestoppers director of operations Mick Duthie said: 'Mr Goulbourne's life has tragically been taken away and our heartfelt condolences go to his family and friends.
The father-of-three was struck by a grey BMW M135i coming in the opposite direction as he turned right in Saltley, Birmingham. Pictured: The aftermath
+4

The father-of-three was struck by a grey BMW M135i coming in the opposite direction as he turned right in Saltley, Birmingham. Pictured: The aftermath

'Our charity believes in safe communities and we hope our reward and appeal will go some way in helping to get justice.

'We are appealing to anybody who may have witnessed what happened or who knows the location of Kashif Khan, who we know left the country 21 hours after the collision, to do the right thing and to tell our charity what you know 100 per cent anonymously.

'What you tell us can make all the difference. It is important to remind people that assisting somebody wanted for questioning over a crime can lead to prosecution.

'You can speak to us anonymously by calling our UK Contact Centre which is open 24/7 on freephone number 0800 555 111 or you can use our simple and secure anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org

'Crimestoppers has been taking crime information since our charity was formed over 32 years ago. Every day over a thousand people contact us online and over the phone.

'We have always kept our promise of anonymity to the millions of people who have trusted us. Nobody will know you contacted us, only you.'

At the time Andell's family said: 'Father of three, grandfather, great-grandfather and brother, tragically and horrifically killed last Thursday at the hands of unknown perpetrators.

'Our family and black community are desperately appealing to you to come forward, this was a cruel and heartless act. Andell was a kind and generous individual, a mentor to many young people.

'He always sought to serve those less fortunate, this was reflected in his role as a volunteer charity worker. He was a beacon of light.'

After the family released the distressing footage, they told how they had been given a 'life sentence without trial' following their father's death.

Daughter Samantha Higgins said: 'I spoke to my dad about two days before. I rang him because it was my birthday on the Saturday.

'His last words were 'make contact with your sister' and 'I love you bab' as he always does. That was our last conversation.'

Daughter Nyesha Smith said: 'My dad was a well respected guy. He was a family man. A father, a grandfather and a great grandfather.

'We just want the people who have given us their support and told us they were there for my dad, to be truthful. For the person who has knocked over my dad, for them to be honest too.

'I want people to understand the pain we are going through and its something that should never have happened. We have to deal with it and justice needs to be served for my dad.'

His sister Carol Gordon added: 'The minute we heard it was definitely him, for myself and my family, it felt like we had been given a life sentence without a trial.

'Unless you've been in this situation you cannot understand how we feel. I'm angry at the moment because he was a good person.

'Especially in the community and we have been overwhelmed by the good deeds he has done in the community.

'For us, this was an accident that didn't need to happen. If the driver would have just concentrated on his speed, we wouldn't be here today.

'I want to say to the community we can't turn back the hands of time. We have to live with this.

'Andell was a community man so I'm appealing to the community to do the right thing. We've been given a sentence and they need to do the right thing.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...100ft-air.html
Old September 24th 20, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 24/09/2020 22:45, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:

Police have released harrowing footage showing the moment a cyclist
was mowed down by a hit-and-run driver and left to die in the
street.

Apparently it's only cyclists that do that.

CCTV shows Andell Goulbourne, 59, being catapulted 100ft through the
air during the horrific collision on July 30.

The driver was quite clearly going faster than the other vehicles in the
scene, certainly much more than 30mph. The cyclist just misjudged the
margin.

No doubt the driver, despite deliberately making the car go so fast,
didn't mean to damage his car, so that's all right then.
Old September 25th 20, 12:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On Thursday, 24 September 2020 at 23:33:29 UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 24/09/2020 22:45, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:

Police have released harrowing footage showing the moment a cyclist
was mowed down by a hit-and-run driver and left to die in the
street.

Apparently it's only cyclists that do that.
CCTV shows Andell Goulbourne, 59, being catapulted 100ft through the
air during the horrific collision on July 30.

The driver was quite clearly going faster than the other vehicles in the
scene, certainly much more than 30mph. The cyclist just misjudged the
margin.

No doubt the driver, despite deliberately making the car go so fast,
didn't mean to damage his car, so that's all right then.

Was he wearing a helmet?

Old September 25th 20, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 25/09/2020 00:10, Mike Collins wrote:
On Thursday, 24 September 2020 at 23:33:29 UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 24/09/2020 22:45, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:

Police have released harrowing footage showing the moment a cyclist
was mowed down by a hit-and-run driver and left to die in the
street.

Apparently it's only cyclists that do that.
CCTV shows Andell Goulbourne, 59, being catapulted 100ft through the
air during the horrific collision on July 30.

The driver was quite clearly going faster than the other vehicles in the
scene, certainly much more than 30mph. The cyclist just misjudged the
margin.

No doubt the driver, despite deliberately making the car go so fast,
didn't mean to damage his car, so that's all right then.

Was he wearing a helmet?

The driver? I expect it slipped over his eyes while he was trying to
fend off the crow that had got into the car.
Old September 25th 20, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On Friday, 25 September 2020 at 09:30:01 UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
[...]

I though motorists wore halos not helmets.