Littering cyclists are their own worst enemy

Old June 10th 17, 10:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Littering cyclists are their own worst enemy

On 10/06/2017 10:36, JNugent wrote:
On 10/06/2017 04:16, wrote:
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 2:10:27 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 10/06/2017 01:25,
wrote:
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 12:57:47 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 10/06/2017 00:55,
wrote:
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 12:15:51 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 10/06/2017 00:03,
wrote:
On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 11:55:31 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 09/06/2017 23:00,
wrote:

On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 5:10:34 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

I remember the general use of the rerm "Road Tax" because it
has been in
everyday use all my life (and before).

I remember the general use of the term "Hoover" because it has
been in everyday use all my life (and before)

Good.

And?

No-one normal refers to "Vehicle Excise Duty" in
conversation. It just doesn't happen.

No-one normal refers to "Vacuum cleaner" in conversation, it
just doesn't happen.

You seem to have got the point at last. Well done.

Or when you hear someone say "Hoover" or "Biro" do you check
whether
they mean that particular brand, and if it turns out not to be
the case,
insist on "vacuum cleaner" or "ballpoint pen"?

That would be analogous to your insistence on calling Road Tax
by some
other name.

So you agree, 'Road Tax' is the term ignorant people use for the
correct term VED.

Of course I don't agree with your anality in refusing to use
everyday
terms and your egually-anal insistence on the words you claim are
better
(but which normal people do not use).

So you agree 'Road tax' does not officially exist.

So you agree that only abnormal people use any other term for Road
Tax.

'abnormal' what a strange was to spell 'intelligent'.

Keep working on comprehension and writing, especially
sentence-construction.

You are the one insisting that some mythical 'Road Tax' exists.

What a silly thing for you to say, especially after you have already
admitted not only that Road Tax exists but also confirmed that it
frightens you to refer to it by that name and insist on your anal
alternative name for it.

Do you also insist on "turning a vehicle around by means of forward and
reverse gears" instead of "three-point turn"?

Do you still believe in the Tooth Fairy?

What I believe really isn't the issue. This is about your inability to
accept normality and fact.

Again - why are you so frightened of the everyday term "Road Tax"?

This may help (only £11.44 and free delivery):

Only? Isn't that more than your mental disability benefit pays you in
a day?

Pathetic. You're the one who cannot face reality and needs the comfort
blanket of terms no-one (normal) ever uses.

http://tinyurl.com/y7lhvapg

Not clicked.

"Basic Englisg for Dummies".

You need it.

Does it teach you how to spell? ;-)
Old June 10th 17, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:

[...]

There's probably a bit at the back which gives tips on typing.
Old June 10th 17, 02:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_5_]

On 5/22/2017 10:49 AM, wrote:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e...t-spring-clean

It cost the taxpayer £6million to clear up the litter dropped by cyclists on our motorway network last year.
No wonder there is no money for proper cycle paths.

Something needs to be done.

The weakness of the English pound is more proof that the American greenback is superior in all ways.

Old June 10th 17, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 09/06/17 23:51, JNugent wrote:
On 09/06/2017 21:58, TMS320 wrote:
On 09/06/17 19:00, JNugent wrote:
On 09/06/2017 17:44, TMS320 wrote:
On 09/06/17 17:10, JNugent wrote:
On 09/06/2017 09:37, TMS320 wrote:
On 08/06/17 21:52, JNugent wrote:
On 08/06/2017 21:21, TMS320 wrote:
On 08/06/17 01:25, JNugent wrote:
On 07/06/2017 20:51, TMS320 wrote:
On 07/06/17 16:03, JNugent wrote:

I'd far rather hear more about why you (and, to be fair,
others too) are so frightened of the term "Road Tax".

Since being "frightened" is something you made it up it is
impossible to tell you what's on your mind.

So are you frightened by the everyday and in common use term "Road
Tax" or not?

If you aren't, why do you go to such etraordinary lengths to protest
against th use of very ordinary eand self-explanatory words?

And, by the way, what you were talking about when you
accused me of writing "cyclists" instead of "cycling",
even though I'd written "cycling"?

On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 4:29:54 PM UTC+1, JNugent
wrote:
I was doing no such thing. I was talking about litter
cast into the public envirom=nment by cyclists. That is
not "inevitable"; it is an anti-social choice made by the
cyclists concerned.

You didn't quote that at the time concerned.

If you remember "road tax", you must be around 100 years old
which will explain your short term memory loss.

That is not connected with my question. I'll remind you...

What you were talking about when you accused me of writing "cyclists"
instead of "cycling", even though I'd written "cycling"?

You hadn't written "cycling". It's as clear as day.

The bit you referenced was the NG name. I quoted it accuratly.

Elsewhere, when not referencing the NG's name, I sued the word cyclist
(or cyclists) because it ws the correct word in context.

You appear to be saying that one cannot say "cycling" or "cyclist" in
posts in the newsgroup uk.rec.cycling.

If you remember "road tax", you must be around 100 years old
which will explain your short term memory loss.

I remember the general use of the rerm "Road Tax" because it has
been in everyday use all my life (and before). No-one normal
refers to "Vehicle Excise Duty" in conversation. It just doesn't
happen. My life doesn't yet extend to 100 years, but I'll try.

But you say that one must never mention cyclists in
uk.rec.cycling, do you?

The message and follow ons will not have been erased from your
newsreader. You appear to be using Thunderbird; just set
view-threads-all

You are getting more and more opaque.

Hello, is there anybody at home? Just find your post

Which post?

The one you sent On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 4:29:54 PM UTC+1,

and look at the replies.

What replies?

That come after it

If you don't know how to do this just admit it.

I admit I don't know what you are talking about.

It is common to be unable to understand things at your age. Though I
must say you're doing remarkably well compared to my mother who is only 90.
Old June 10th 17, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:
[...]

And what was said?

and look at the replies.

What replies?

That come after it

And what did they say?

If you don't know how to do this just admit it.

I admit I don't know what you are talking about.

It is common to be unable to understand things at your age. Though I
must say you're doing remarkably well compared to my mother who is only 90.

You still won't get a Pulitzer.