Exuberance Justifies Lethal Force In the U.S.

Old June 12th 17, 06:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

Default Exuberance Justifies Lethal Force In the U.S.

I wasn't shot, arrested or even stopped but here's an example of the cop mentality in the U. S..

The other day the traffic was heavy on a 4 lane highway for a minute or so and then cleared up completely for 100 m in both directions.

I felt good about my light weight flat proof tires and decided to hit a small mound on the other side of the road fast enough to get airtime and then sprint across the fallowed field to the local WalMart.

I accelerated into a broad turn, hit the beveled curb straight on and then the mound like I was Chinghis Khan.

Apparently this was enough to draw the attention of the local police, who generally speaking, are much better than those in other U. S. venues.

In the U. S. cops get alarmed at anyone having a great time. It _must_ be illegal, illegal enough to shoot the offender. To avoid trouble I usually take great care to be very humble and to blend in on the street with the other goobers.

The cops pulled a Uey to intercept me, I quickly slowed down, and the cops quickly realized they would look silly in court for stopping a guy on a mountain bike doing what a mountain bike was designed for.

They drove away but had this happened in the South I most likely would not be writing this post.

I'd be dead.

It's really really important all visitors understand the cop situation in the U. S.

Bret Cahill

Old June 12th 17, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

On 12/06/2017 06:00, Bret Cahill wrote:

It's really really important all visitors understand the cop situation in the U. S.

I've always like the story about how Viv Stanshall dealt with a local
sheriff from the south.

https://forums.theregister.co.uk/post/reply/3126076?
Old June 12th 17, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

It's really really important all visitors understand the cop situation in the U. S.

I've always like the story about how Viv Stanshall dealt with a local
sheriff from the south.

https://forums.theregister.co.uk/post/reply/3126076?

That approach may work better with a foreign accent.

Once dad drove past a local cop and rolled his eyes at the "depravity." The cop did a U-turn and pulled him over on the pretext of not having his inspection sticker in the right place.

When it was time to cross examine the cop dad starts showing the judge as well as the cop photographs of other cars with inspection stickers in the same place as the offending car.

"Is this inspection sticker in the wrong place?"

"Yes it is" responds the cop.

"What about this inspection sticker," dad asks pulling out the second photograph. "Is it in the wrong place too?"

"Yes it is" responds the cop.

Dad takes out the third photograph and before the cop could say anything the judge says, "case dismissed."

The 3rd photograph was of the judge's car.

Depending on how you sequence the questions you can often be guilty yet still get off because the cop won't know which lie to commit to in court.

Bret Cahill

Old June 13th 17, 12:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 12/06/2017 22:53, Bret Cahill wrote:
[...]

Was the bicycle fixed to the back of the car? Or perhaps one of those
folding bikes in the boo... trunk?
Old June 13th 17, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

It's really really important all visitors understand the cop situation in the U. S.

I've always like the story about how Viv Stanshall dealt with a local
sheriff from the south.

https://forums.theregister.co.uk/post/reply/3126076?

One theory on why so many blacks are such good musicians -- when Mozart owned Europe Jefferson said blacks were better musicians than whites -- is they had to use music as well as everything else to survive.

Bret Cahill

Old June 13th 17, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

On 13/06/2017 08:41, Bret Cahill wrote:
It's really really important all visitors understand the cop situation in the U. S.

I've always like the story about how Viv Stanshall dealt with a local
sheriff from the south.

https://forums.theregister.co.uk/post/reply/3126076?

One theory on why so many blacks are such good musicians -- when Mozart owned Europe Jefferson said blacks were better musicians than whites -- is they had to use music as well as everything else to survive.

That Jefferson guy did seem to say some sensible stuff,... when he took
a time out from ****ing his slaves, that is.

All mean are created equal.

I'm not sure if that is a sense of humour or hypocrisy.
Old June 13th 17, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

It's really really important all visitors understand the cop situation in the U. S.

I've always like the story about how Viv Stanshall dealt with a local
sheriff from the south.

https://forums.theregister.co.uk/post/reply/3126076?

One theory on why so many blacks are such good musicians -- when Mozart owned Europe Jefferson said blacks were better musicians than whites -- is they had to use music as well as everything else to survive.

That Jefferson guy did seem to say some sensible stuff,... when he took
a time out from ****ing his slaves, that is.

All mean are created equal.

I'm not sure if that is a sense of humour or hypocrisy.

A tsunami of historical spin has been going on in the U.S. for over a century and some of it may have washed up in the U.K. Thomas Edison complained about the media of his day ridiculing and expunging Thomas Paine entirely from the American conscience. Paine made ropes for ships yet "corset maker" was spammed enough to find its way even into history books.

Like many slave owners Jefferson thought slavery was an abomination and he knew full well it would end in a bloody civil war. "I tremble for my country when I consider God is just." NY State abolished slavery immediately after the Revolution so _some_ progress can be credited to Jefferson while he was still alive.

Yet you'll never hear the shill media gush hype Jefferson's Revolution freeing slaves in New York. Instead all they say every 3rd of July is "Jefferson had slaves" [therefore Jefferson was evil/had no clue/bat crazy so let our rich paymasters make all decisions on the economy].

The _New York Times_ would have everyone believe "Christian" fundamentalism came over on the Mayflower as though it is just part of the fabric of American society. In reality 7 Revolutionary era state constitutions had a complete ban on ministers and priests from holding public office and it was unthinkable everywhere else. The religious right didn't appear until the 1970s and 80s when it was astro turfed.

You tell the culture warriors on the Democratic Party about the 7 state constitutions, several southern, and they cannot believe it. They go to wiki and are stunned to discover the truth.

Historical revisionism isn't limited to the rich trying to disable democracy. The revisionism depends on who is in power. Tocqueville spent a year in archives and proved very little land exchanged hands during the French Revolution. Basically nothing happened politically except a centralization of power to Paris. Most of the advances in democracy are made slowly, over a long period of time. Decades before the Revolution a famous English visitor was surprised that half the land in France was owned by the peasants. By 1840 the French had revised history to their liking: The Revolution was what caused the advances.

Bret Cahill

Old June 14th 17, 05:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

It's really really important all visitors understand the cop situation in the U. S.

I've always like the story about how Viv Stanshall dealt with a local
sheriff from the south.

https://forums.theregister.co.uk/post/reply/3126076?

One theory on why so many blacks are such good musicians -- when Mozart owned Europe Jefferson said blacks were better musicians than whites -- is they had to use music as well as everything else to survive.

Real time confirmation:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/483ae71...-when-the.html

Old June 14th 17, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

On 13/06/2017 18:55, Bret Cahill wrote:
[...]

AIUI it was almost certain that Jefferson had at least one child with
his slave Sally Hemmings. I wasn't making a great deal of this, I have
always greatly admired Jefferson and was only teasing.

I think the revisionism comes for the politically correct community that
are unwilling to admit their current ethical code is only a current view
rather than absolute truth. So they try to cover up history, revise it
or condemn great historical figures.

The reason they do this is because they don't want people to question if
their current values are truely good or correct from first principles.
The don't want people to think for themselves, they just want them to
accept the current dogma.

We see the same type of behaviour from Islamic State, destroying
historical monuments that showed that their ancestors used to think
differently.

Old June 14th 17, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

On 14/06/2017 05:11, Bret Cahill wrote:
It's really really important all visitors understand the cop situation in the U. S.

I've always like the story about how Viv Stanshall dealt with a local
sheriff from the south.

https://forums.theregister.co.uk/post/reply/3126076?

One theory on why so many blacks are such good musicians -- when Mozart owned Europe Jefferson said blacks were better musicians than whites -- is they had to use music as well as everything else to survive.

Real time confirmation:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/483ae71...-when-the.html

How many black women have the US police killed?

I remember sitting next to a black/nigerian woman at work, she had gone
to college in the US. She was incensed by the killing of Trayvon Martin.

During the time of the protests a young boy of Nigerian descent was
killed by a dangerous driver on a road in Greenwich that I cycled down
everyday on the way to work. This was not a significant death to her in
comparison to Trayvon's. Which seemed strange to me.

I guess the Black Lives matter is more about everyday racism than the
actual risk from police killings. It is an outlet for this resentment,

When will they take away this lethal street furniture? Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 40 June 14th 10 06:52 PM
EXACTLY HOW LETHAL IS CYCLING? Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 41 April 9th 10 11:51 PM
Lethal little old lady in the making Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 0 October 9th 09 06:08 PM
Lethal new toy! Mikefule Unicycling 13 March 15th 04 04:44 AM
It's Official: 4x4's are lethal for ped's and cyclists. Howard UK 81 January 9th 04 01:45 AM