FUN: DooDah Parade in Pasadena CA - 1/20/08

Old December 31st 07, 05:07 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
32GO

Default FUN: DooDah Parade in Pasadena CA - 1/20/08

Hey guys -

A quick reminder for those of you who are close
enough to SoCal to participate, and who might enjoy
creating a bit of positive publicity for recumbent
cycling, while also having a little fun:

We've done the DooDah - twice - and it was FUN;
So soon we're gonna do another one.
This January - well, two-thousand-eight -
The twentieth, a Sunday, is the date.

Our entry's in; we're starting to prepare
The costumes, hats and sashes that we'll wear,
And sorting out which gewgaws will adorn
The bike and trikes we're choosing for that morn.
If you expect to be around LA
That weekend, and you'd also like to play,
Come join us if your range of sense includes
The one called humor; PLEASE no stuffy prudes!

Ten bucks per rider is the entry fee;
Tuxedo tees are twelve, at cost from me.
Should you decide you want it, we'll provide
Some bling to spiffy up your dowdy ride,
Including flags and ribbons and the like,
And you can make a placard for your trike
(Or bike if you prefer - some folks are odd!)
Like 'Ride Reclined; Don't Punish Your Poor Bod'.

Please come and ride with us in this parade,
Assisting as the public statement's made:
Recumbent bikes and trikes are lots of fun!
'Bent riders all (except for maybe one)
Are people other people might perhaps
Like - just as much as those who ride sans laps.
But politics is not our group's forte;
Sheer FUN is why we ride. We like to PLAY!

Just click the links below for further dope
If you're intrigued (as I would like to hope).
Please email me or phone if you require
More info, or if this post lights your fire,
And you think DooDah might just do the deed
To put back in your life the FUN you need.
You'll meet 'bent folks from other cycling groups,
And dodge them as you're riding random loops.

Please click the links below, as I suggest.
The TROLL, of course, may launch a loud protest,
Inept and anguished, nursing some old grudge,
As random neurons sputter in the sludge
That fills its skull (where most folks have a brain),
To - YET AGAIN! - repeat, mistype, complain:
'I'm stupid; I'm afraid of my PC.
Don't ever post a link; that frightens me!'

To everybody else who reads this post:
You're all invited to the southwest coast.
Do DooDah with us - guys, old broads and maids -
'Cause DooDah is the Mutha of Parades.

General Parade Info:

http://www.pasadenadoodahparade.info

(Partially Poetic) Ride Reports from our Last Two Parades:

http://www.32go.us/pow/

Pix from the 2006 DooDah:

http://www.vcrr.org/doodah/ddpix1.htm

Regards,
Wayne Leggett
3-2-GO: The Trike Store
Ventura CA
Email: [wayneAT32goDOTus]
Phone: 805-794-0718

Old January 1st 08, 01:53 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

Default DooDah Parade in Pasadena CA - 1/20/08

"32GO" wrote in message
[...]
Please click the links below, as I suggest.
The TROLL, of course, may launch a loud protest,
Inept and anguished, nursing some old grudge,
As random neurons sputter in the sludge
That fills its skull (where most folks have a brain),
To - YET AGAIN! - repeat, mistype, complain:
'I'm stupid; I'm afraid of my PC.
Don't ever post a link; that frightens me!'

[...]

Wayne Leggett (32GO) is well known on this group for being the poet of ****,
**** and ****. You go to his web site at your peril. You will most likely
get a virus for your trouble. At the very least, you will be able to access
his profound knowledge of the world of ****, **** and ****.

Rather than do a bike ride with this scurrilous scofflaw from Ventura may I
recommend a trip to Hell instead. The denizens there will be far more fun
and will only poke you with pitchforks, not smother you with ****, **** and
****.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota