The Graciousness Of A Champion

Old September 2nd 03, 01:16 AM
hold my beer and watch this...

Default The Graciousness Of A Champion

Well what the hell else was he gonna say...?

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
hlink.net...
From VeloNews online:

"I have had a fantastic time on the team, and I will thank the whole team
for their great support they have given me," Hamilton continued. "They all
have a big honor for the results I have achieved through the past two

years
at CSC."

Bravo for Tyler's class.

Old September 2nd 03, 01:34 AM
Tom Kunich

He might have been as gracious as yourself and told the writers that
the team was nothing but crap and that he acheived everything on his
own. You know - just the sort of thing you'd not only say, but
believe.

"hold my beer and watch this..." wrote in message
news

Well what the hell else was he gonna say...?

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
hlink.net...
From VeloNews online:

Old September 2nd 03, 01:34 AM
Nick Burns

"hold my beer and watch this..." wrote in message
news

Well what the hell else was he gonna say...?

"I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND!"

Old September 2nd 03, 12:36 PM
B. Lafferty

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in
message news
There are a lot of compliments to be made about T. Hamilton, but it's
premature to label him a 'champion'. The first requisite for that
description is winning and he has won what? the Dauphine 3 years ago and

LBL
and a Tour stage this year. The publicity and admiration he gets is out of
proportion to his results thus far, because of drama - his propensity for
crashing and his ability to ride through pain.

2003
.. 1st overall Tour de Romandie
.. 1st stage Tour de Romandie
.. 1st Liège-Bastogne-Liège
.. 2nd overall Vuelta al Pais Vasco
.. 2nd prologue Paris - Nice
.. 3rd stage Paris - Nice
.. 3rd 3 stages Vuelta al Pais Vasco
.. 4th stage Tour de Romandie
.. 5th stage Critérium International
.. 5th stage Tour de Romandie
.. 6th overall Critérium International
.. 7th prologue Tour de Romandie
.. 14th Flèche Wallonne

2002
.. 1st stage Giro D'Italia
.. 1st Grand Prix CSC Scandihealth
.. 2nd overall Giro D'Italia
.. 2nd stage Tour of Denmark
.. 3rd stage Tour de France (TTT)
.. 4th overall Tour of Denmark
.. 5th stage Giro D'Italia
.. 5th stage Giro D'Italia
.. 6th stage Giro D'Italia
.. 8th stage Tour of Denmark
.. 9th stage Rhonde van Nederland
.. 10th overall Rhonde van Nederland
.. 11th stage Tour de France
.. 12th stage Tour de France
.. 15th overall Tour de France
.. 16th 2 stages Tour de France
.. 22nd stage Setmana-Catalana

2001
.. 3rd two stages Tour de Suisse
.. 5th stage Bicicleta Vasca
.. 8th overall Bicicleta Vasca
.. 8th stage Circuit de la Sarthe
.. 13th overall Circuit de la Sarthe
.. 14th overall Tour de Suisse
.. 15th stage Bicicleta Vasca

2000
.. 1st overall Dauphine Libere
.. 1st stage Dauphine Libere
.. 1st stage Dauphine Libere
.. 2nd stage Tour de France
.. 3rd stage Dauphine Libere
.. 4th stage Tour de France
.. 4th stage Vuelta a Murcia
.. 7th stage Setmana Catalana
.. 7th stage Route du Sud
.. 9th stage Tour de France
.. 9th Classique des Alpes
.. 25th overall Tour de France

1999
.. 1st Mt Washington Hill Climb (new course record)
.. 1st overall Tour of Denmark
.. 1st stage Tour of Denmark
.. 2nd stage Route du Sud
.. 3rd stage Circuit de la Sarthe
.. 3rd stage Tour de France
.. 5th stage Tour de France
.. 5th prologue Dauphine Libere
.. 9th stage Dauphine Libere
.. 10th stage Route du Sud
.. 13th overall Tour de France
.. 15th overall Dauphine Libere

1998
.. 2nd stage Tour de France
.. 5th overall Prutour
.. 5th overall Redlands Classic
.. 9th overall Circuit de la Sarthe
.. 11th Corestates Hamilton Classic
.. 15th overall Tour of Catalunya
.. 18th First Union Classic
.. 23rd overall Tour de Luxembourg
.. 51st overall Tour de France

1997
.. 1st Mt Washington Hill Climb (new course record)
.. 1st overall Killington Stage Race
.. 1st stage Killington Stage Race
.. 10th First Union Grand Prix
.. 69th overall Tour de France

1996
.. 1st overall Fitchburg Stage Race
.. 1st stage Fitchburg Stage Race
.. 1st overall Teleflex Tour
.. 1st stage Teleflex Tour
.. 1st stage Rutas de America
.. 2nd two stages Rutas de America
.. 2nd Corestates Hamilton Classic
.. 3rd two stages Rutas de America
.. 3rd stage Teleflex tour
.. 3rd TT Olympic Trials
.. 4th TT Olympic Trials
.. 5th overall Rutas de America
.. 5th Olympic Points Standings
.. 15th overall Tour of Portugal
.. 23rd World TT Championships

1995
.. 1st Westfield Classic
.. 2nd Nevada City Classic
.. 3rd two stages Fitchburg Stage Race
.. 3rd two stages Cascade Classic
.. 9th overall Redlands Classic
.. 12th overall Tour of China
.. 13th overall Tour of Holland
.. 14th overall Tour Dupont
.. 15th overall Bergamasca Stage Race

Old September 2nd 03, 04:56 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
hlink.net...

hamilton's resume snipped

Dumbass -

The first requisite for labeling a champion is winning.

Not second place, third place, etc.

There are a handful of active riders that moniker could be applied to right
now.

Museeuw, Armstrong, Cipollini, Bettini.

Petacchi? Has only done it this year. Zabel? Lot of wins, but a lot of 2nds,
3rds. The label would have been more apt in his heyday.

Hamilton? No way. Only a handful of wins. Good drama though.

Old September 2nd 03, 06:41 PM
B. Lafferty

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in
message t...

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
hlink.net...

hamilton's resume snipped

Dumbass -

The first requisite for labeling a champion is winning.

Not second place, third place, etc.

There are a handful of active riders that moniker could be applied to

right
now.

Museeuw, Armstrong, Cipollini, Bettini.

Petacchi? Has only done it this year. Zabel? Lot of wins, but a lot of

2nds,
3rds. The label would have been more apt in his heyday.

Hamilton? No way. Only a handful of wins. Good drama though.

Learn to read, Moron. Unless you don't count stage wins and wins in races
you conveniently forgot to mention. Clearly, Hamilton's palmers are more
extensive than you were willing to give him credit for in your previous
post. Consider also that a number of those years he wasn't riding primarily
for himself. Your basic problem, Henry, is that you make moronic statements
that don't hold up to factual analysis........which is why you are, and will
probably always be, a moron with an obsession. :-)

Old September 2nd 03, 08:17 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Learn to read, Moron. Unless you don't count stage wins and wins in races
you conveniently forgot to mention. Clearly, Hamilton's palmers are more
extensive than you were willing to give him credit for in your previous
post. Consider also that a number of those years he wasn't riding

primarily
for himself. Your basic problem, Henry, is that you make moronic

statements
that don't hold up to factual analysis........which is why you are, and

will
probably always be, a moron with an obsession. :-)

Dumbass -

From your post, here are his UCI wins:

2003
.. 1st overall Tour de Romandie
.. 1st stage Tour de Romandie
.. 1st Liège-Bastogne-Liège

2002
.. 1st in one stage of the Giro D'Italia
.. 1st Grand Prix CSC Scandihealth

2001
no wins

2000
.. 1st overall Dauphine Libere
.. 1st stage Dauphine Libere
.. 1st stage Dauphine Libere

1999
.. 1st overall Tour of Denmark
.. 1st stage Tour of Denmark

1998
none

1997
none

Non-UCI (USCF) wins don't count. There's also his stage win this year in the
TdF which for some reason you didn't include. Also, the Grand Prix CSC
Scandihealth sounds like a team sponsor event (crit), not a UCI sanctioned
RR. Google turned up nothing on that race, other than it being in his
palmares.

Champion? If that moniker is pinned on him, then there are 20 or 30 active
riders who also deserve that title.

I'll stick with Museeuw, Armstrong, Cipollini, Bettini. 'Champion' is a
description that ought to be used sparingly, else it loses its meaning.

Old September 2nd 03, 08:18 PM

On 9/2/03 8:56 AM, in article
, "Kurgan Gringioni"
wrote:

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
hlink.net...

hamilton's resume snipped

Dumbass -

The first requisite for labeling a champion is winning.

Not second place, third place, etc.

There are a handful of active riders that moniker could be applied to right
now.

Museeuw, Armstrong, Cipollini, Bettini.

Petacchi? Has only done it this year. Zabel? Lot of wins, but a lot of 2nds,
3rds. The label would have been more apt in his heyday.

Hamilton? No way. Only a handful of wins. Good drama though.

Dumbass -

Read a ****ing dictionary before you spew your yuppie
****...................

cham·pi·on ** *P* ** Pronunciation Key **(ch mp-n)
n.
1) One that wins first place or first prize in a competition.

2) One that is clearly superior or has the attributes of a winner: a
champion at teaching.

3) An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion
of the homeless.

4) One who fights; a warrior.

Old September 2nd 03, 08:31 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

wrote in message

Dumbass -

Read a ****ing dictionary before you spew your yuppie

cham·pi·on P Pronunciation Key (ch mp-n)
n.
1) One that wins first place or first prize in a competition.

When I raced, I won at least a few races/year.

Damn, I must be a champion!

K. Gringioni
CHAMPION

ps. what a crock