Big Mig - honest, dishonest?

Old May 31st 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Big Mig - honest, dishonest?

Dishonest.

On May 25, 9:35 am, "Callistus Valerius"
wrote:
My favorite tdf winner is the Big Mig. The fact that he was big (170
lbs), that he used clinchers, he was an averaged sized guy, using regular
stuff, not superlight crap, always made him my favorite. Dope free also,
makes him one of the few legitimate winners. Also, his exit was dignified,
and he always seemed less arrogant than the other riders who have come on
gone since. I don't think there are any Indurain haters even out there.
Wouldn't it be nice, if those kind of riders were again invited back into
the peloton.

Old May 31st 07, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

William Asher schreef:
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
Ethical is where others are forcing their values on you, moral the other
way around.

I thought that was the difference between piety and zealotry.

Ah there you go. I thought I had an original idea. You know, in primary
school I invented binary notation.

--
E. Dronkert
Old May 31st 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
Ah there you go. I thought I had an original idea. You know, in primary
school I invented binary notation.

At least you've got something in common with Kunich.
Old May 31st 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

William Asher schreef:
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
Ethical is where others are forcing their values on you, moral the
other way around.

I thought that was the difference between piety and zealotry.

Ah there you go. I thought I had an original idea. You know, in
primary school I invented binary notation.

I know the feeling. I thought I had invented binary notation but it turned
out people weren't ready to express things in terms of q and 3. It sucks
being a visionary and getting fed moldy rye bread all the time.

--
Bill Asher
Old May 31st 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On 31 May 2007 08:35:49 -0700, "
wrote:

I would argue that Julich was clean, and Eki became clean later in his
career, but it's irrelevant because you can't prove anything now.
Just leave it be and move on in the right direction. Villifying these
guys ain't going to move us forward! They were wrong, but I'm not so
quick to blame them for it all. Would you prefer to work in a paint
factory or win the Tour? Perhaps some of us are strong enough to make
that call, but life in America is relatively easy, life in some
European countries wasn't so easy. I have to be honest, if I had a
choice of leaving Siberia or some eastern block country and taking my
familay out too I'm not sure I'd make the 'right' choice.

Riis doped. Who among us didn't already know that? Indurain's
statements are cryptic and ambiguous. If I was clean, I'd say it flat
out, not do this dance of words about Riis coming clean now and what
good would it do and how I lost the Tour, rather being beaten. What
kind of crap is that? Maybe Big Mig wanted out and finally stopped
doping in '96 to 'fake' his collapse...

I don't want to slander people with speculation, but there are plenty
of riders that I strongly think are doping. Could someone at RBR run
some sort of lockbox where we make our preditctions and they are keep
private till eight years after the rider retires and then we see who
had the most accurate picks.
--
JT
****************************
Old June 1st 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

On 31 May 2007 08:35:49 -0700, "
wrote:

[...]

Best way to do that would be to publicly post your picks on a web page
(or on Usenet) as encrypted blocks of text. Use a private key chosen
only for that purpose.

Then, when you're ready to expose your guesses, publish the key.

If you really need, you can email your guesses to me, and I'll hide 'em
somewhere safe. Preferably, send 'em encrypted.

Warning: only one-time pads are safe from the future. As MC Frontalot
would remind us, you can't hide secrets from the future with math.

Old June 1st 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Stu Fleming

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
William Asher schreef:
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
Ethical is where others are forcing their values on you, moral the
other way around.

I thought that was the difference between piety and zealotry.

Ah there you go. I thought I had an original idea. You know, in primary
school I invented binary notation.

I independently discovered Newton's method of approximating square roots
when I was 13.