Big Mig - honest, dishonest?

Old June 1st 07, 11:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default Big Mig - honest, dishonest?

On Thu, 31 May 2007 19:13:36 -0700, "
wrote:

Are we talking US race scene riders or beyond? Anyone not know about
Papp?

Beyond.

I don't want to slander people with speculation, but there are plenty
of riders that I strongly think are doping. Could someone at RBR run
some sort of lockbox where we make our preditctions and they are keep
private till eight years after the rider retires and then we see who
had the most accurate picks.

--
JT
****************************
Old June 2nd 07, 05:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article .com,
" wrote:

Riis doped. Who among us didn't already know that? Indurain's
statements are cryptic and ambiguous. If I was clean, I'd say it flat
out, not do this dance of words about Riis coming clean now and what
good would it do and how I lost the Tour, rather being beaten. What
kind of crap is that? Maybe Big Mig wanted out and finally stopped
doping in '96 to 'fake' his collapse...

Well, Indurain never (or very rarely) got mad and it just isn't his style to be
really critical of others. I read that statement ("I lost,etc.") as a way for him to
comment on the situation without being critical of anyone. Besides, it wasn't like
Riis *just* beat him - he ended up 11th, 14+ minutes back. He'd have to say that
those other nine guys beat him too (and a couple of them are known or pretty well
suspected of doping in that era), so he really can't say much more about it.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old June 2nd 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Stu Fleming" wrote in message
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
William Asher schreef:
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
Ethical is where others are forcing their values on you, moral the
other way around.

I thought that was the difference between piety and zealotry.

Ah there you go. I thought I had an original idea. You know, in primary
school I invented binary notation.

I independently discovered Newton's method of approximating square roots
when I was 13.

About the same age I independently invented many fairly common mechanical
mechanisms such as a pitman arm steering mechanism.I think it is fairly
common for reasonably intelligent children to look at the world around them
and come up with the same sort of inventions other's did for the same
purposes.