There is a downside to winters in the gulf south

Old February 11th 04, 05:54 PM
mojo deluxe

Default There is a downside to winters in the gulf south

http://www.weather.com/weather/local...ocalUndeclared

Second straight day of rain. Just a few days before, we had 36+ hours
straight rain, with some rough storms thrown in. A few days before that,
much of the same. The ground is so saturated, it seems as if it'll never
dry. The local trails got trashed by the recent storms, and are in need of
repairs that'll have to wait until the rain stops, and they have a chance to
dry some.

Snow does not sound so bad now.

Old February 11th 04, 06:33 PM
BB

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:54:56 -0600, mojo deluxe wrote:

Second straight day of rain. Just a few days before, we had 36+ hours
straight rain, with some rough storms thrown in. A few days before that,
much of the same. The ground is so saturated, it seems as if it'll never
dry. The local trails got trashed by the recent storms, and are in need of
repairs that'll have to wait until the rain stops, and they have a chance to
dry some.

Sounds like normal winter in the Pacific Northwest.

--
-BB-
To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
Old February 11th 04, 07:54 PM
MattB

mojo deluxe wrote:

http://www.weather.com/weather/local...ocalUndeclared

Second straight day of rain. Just a few days before, we had 36+ hours
straight rain, with some rough storms thrown in. A few days before
that, much of the same. The ground is so saturated, it seems as if
it'll never dry. The local trails got trashed by the recent storms,
and are in need of repairs that'll have to wait until the rain stops,
and they have a chance to dry some.

Snow does not sound so bad now.

I'd put "No skiing" at the top of my list. A big downer, IMO.

Matt

Old February 12th 04, 08:54 AM
spademan o---[\) *

"mojo deluxe" wrote in message
. ..

"MattB" wrote in message
mojo deluxe wrote:

http://www.weather.com/weather/local...therLocalUndec
lared

Second straight day of rain. Just a few days before, we had 36+ hours
straight rain, with some rough storms thrown in. A few days before
that, much of the same. The ground is so saturated, it seems as if
it'll never dry. The local trails got trashed by the recent storms,
and are in need of repairs that'll have to wait until the rain stops,
and they have a chance to dry some.

Snow does not sound so bad now.

I'd put "No skiing" at the top of my list. A big downer, IMO.

It's still raining.

You idiots, Haven't you guys ever heard of water-skiing.

Old February 12th 04, 03:52 PM
jeffbonny

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:54:20 -0000, "spademan o---[\) *"
said:

You idiots, Haven't you guys ever heard of water-skiing.

C'mon, it's obvious they were talking about "real" skiing.

Kidding, just kidding.

jb
Old February 12th 04, 04:45 PM
mojo deluxe

"MattB" wrote in message
mojo deluxe wrote:

http://www.weather.com/weather/local...therLocalUndec
lared

Second straight day of rain. Just a few days before, we had 36+

hours
straight rain, with some rough storms thrown in. A few days before
that, much of the same. The ground is so saturated, it seems as if
it'll never dry. The local trails got trashed by the recent storms,
and are in need of repairs that'll have to wait until the rain

stops,
and they have a chance to dry some.

Snow does not sound so bad now.

I'd put "No skiing" at the top of my list. A big downer, IMO.

It's still raining.

You idiots, Haven't you guys ever heard of water-skiing.

Of course. Ever heard of gators?

Old February 12th 04, 06:33 PM
MattB

said:

You idiots, Haven't you guys ever heard of water-skiing.

C'mon, it's obvious they were talking about "real" skiing.

Kidding, just kidding.

jb

I was going to make a similar comment, but I wouldn't be kidding!

Old February 12th 04, 10:39 PM
mojo deluxe

said:

You idiots, Haven't you guys ever heard of water-skiing.

C'mon, it's obvious they were talking about "real" skiing.

Kidding, just kidding.

jb

I was going to make a similar comment, but I wouldn't be kidding!

I do neither, real, fake, or real fake skiing. It's never appealed to me. In
fact snow, or water sports does not appeal to me. I sure love dirt though.

Old February 14th 04, 12:27 AM
mojo deluxe

"mojo deluxe" wrote in message
. ..

http://www.weather.com/weather/local...ocalUndeclared

Second straight day of rain. Just a few days before, we had 36+ hours
straight rain, with some rough storms thrown in. A few days before that,
much of the same. The ground is so saturated, it seems as if it'll never
dry. The local trails got trashed by the recent storms, and are in need of
repairs that'll have to wait until the rain stops, and they have a chance

dry some.

Snow does not sound so bad now.

It's raining again today, and it's forcast for tomorrow too. The next eight
days look great, but that never holds up.

What's the job market like in Arizona?