Klaus-Peter Thaler On Recreational Doping & Tour Doping

Old December 9th 04, 02:41 PM
B. Lafferty

Default Klaus-Peter Thaler On Recreational Doping & Tour Doping

"Doping is a general issue with professional sports but also mass sports
(ed: i.e. marathons) and recreational sports. I personally am categorically
against doping in professional sports, but I am worried that the dangers are
even greater in amateur, or if you like, hobby sports in particular. In such
situations, there are, of course, no controls, and this allows people to use
substances in an uncontrolled and unregulated manner. .............

I have always tried to keep out of all of this, which incidentally is
something people do not always believe. To say that I have never ever used
anything would be something that I would not like to have set in stone. All
I can say is that I have ridden the Tour five times and that during these
times I have never taken a banned substance, but of course I also never won
the Tour. Being 35th overall, winning three stages, finishing many times in
the top ten in stages, two days in the yellow jersey - these are certainly
successes, but not too much in the grander scheme of things."
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=2759

--
How strange when an illusion dies, it's as though you've lost a child.--Judy
Garland

Old December 9th 04, 06:28 PM
gwhite

"B. Lafferty" wrote:

In such situations, there are, of course,
no controls, and this allows people to use
substances in an uncontrolled and unregulated
manner. .............

Sounds like the right "such situation" to me.
Roll it tight, or else I'll have to do it.

I have always tried to keep out of all
of this, which incidentally is
something people do not always believe.

People don't believe he tries to keep out of it?

Old December 9th 04, 07:26 PM
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS

B. Lafferty wrote:

(snip)

To say that I have never ever used
anything would be something that I would not like to have set in stone.

What the hell does this mean?

Steve

All
I can say is that I have ridden the Tour five times and that during these
times I have never taken a banned substance, but of course I also never won
the Tour. Being 35th overall, winning three stages, finishing many times in
the top ten in stages, two days in the yellow jersey - these are certainly
successes, but not too much in the grander scheme of things."
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=2759

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Brooklyn, NY
718-258-5001

Old December 9th 04, 07:31 PM
Stewart Fleming

Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS wrote:
B. Lafferty wrote:

(snip)

To say that I have never ever used anything would be something that I
would not like to have set in stone.

What the hell does this mean?

"I Want To Tell You (But I Can't)"

Old December 9th 04, 07:34 PM
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS

Stewart Fleming wrote:

Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS wrote:

B. Lafferty wrote:

(snip)

To say that I have never ever used anything would be something that
I would not like to have set in stone.

What the hell does this mean?

"I Want To Tell You (But I Can't)"

The non-denial denial.

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

Old December 9th 04, 08:47 PM
Curtis L. Russell

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 14:26:42 -0500, Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
wrote:

To say that I have never ever used
anything would be something that I would not like to have set in stone.

What the hell does this mean?

Steve

Well. you know, you're a prominent athlete known for being easy going,
trusting, guilless and gullible, like Barry Bonds and along comes some
snake in the grass and gives you a cream for a few thou that he says
is just (OK, what was it supposed to be again?) Being the trusting
sort and all, Mr. Bonds uses it and says with the confidence of any
person that lives in the warmth of trusting human relationships that
he never used steroids.

And then reality hit him head-on.

The real casualty of all this, BTW, is probably Barry's trusting and
open nature...

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...