Another speeding idiot

Old December 28th 04, 10:27 AM
Zog The Undeniable

Default Another speeding idiot

http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/wil...ON_NEWS13.html

Sounds like he was at fault for the accident that crippled him, too.
Can't these people just be deported or something?
Old December 28th 04, 11:24 AM
Tumbleweed

"Zog The Undeniable" wrote in message
http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/wil...ON_NEWS13.html

Sounds like he was at fault for the accident that crippled him, too. Can't
these people just be deported or something?

"I don't speed," he said .... LOL.

reminds me of a friend who complained about getting a fine; 'i was only
doing 40'..."what was the speed limit?" '30'..."well you were speeding then,
what are you on about"... 'yebbut 40 is a safe speed on that bit of road' .

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Old December 28th 04, 11:50 AM
Tony Raven

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/wil...ON_NEWS13.html

Sounds like he was at fault for the accident that crippled him, too.
Can't these people just be deported or something?

I suggest as a first step he proposes removing all the speed limits in
his Dorcan ward of Swindon and let people drive according to "road
conditions and common sense". That should pretty quickly create uproar
amongst his constituents and get him thrown out at the next election.

Tony
Old December 28th 04, 12:33 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:27:20 +0000, Zog The Undeniable
wrote in message 41d13363.0@entanet:

http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/wil...ON_NEWS13.html

"Coun Roderick Bluh (Con, Dorcan), who has been caught by speed
cameras four times in three years, says the number of speed cameras
means drivers have to constantly look at their speedometers."

I think he will find that actually it is the law which says that
drivers must periodically check their speedometers...

Guy
--
"then came ye chavves, theyre cartes girded wyth candels
blue, and theyre beastes wyth straynge horn-lyke thyngs
Old December 28th 04, 12:40 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:27:20 +0000, Zog The Undeniable
wrote in message 41d13363.0@entanet:

http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/wil...ON_NEWS13.html

Couldn't resist it:

"Apparently Coun Bluh believes that "the number of speed cameras means
drivers have to constantly look at their speedometers." Clearly he
was not concentrating during his driving lessons - it is of course the
law, not speed cameras, which requires that drivers should keep within
the speed limits. As a member of a party which claims to be hot on
law and order I might have expected him to know this.

In case there are any other bits of traffic law which may have
temporarily slipped his mind I suggest a visit to
http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk."

Guy
Old December 28th 04, 12:43 PM
Tony W

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message

"Coun Roderick Bluh (Con, Dorcan), who has been caught by speed
cameras four times in three years, says the number of speed cameras
means drivers have to constantly look at their speedometers."

I think he will find that actually it is the law which says that
drivers must periodically check their speedometers...

My speedo broke a couple of weeks back -- and I have not had a chance to get
it fixed. In that time I have driven a very significant number of miles.
To the best of my knowledge I have not been flashed by a speed camera or
(too often) by irate motorists upset by my dawdling.

It is perfectly possible to drive within the speed limit without a speedo --
you just have to leave a slightly larger margin.

To be caught 4 times indicates that the guy is a complete pillock.

Old December 28th 04, 12:51 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:43:58 -0000, "Tony W"
wrote in message
:

To be caught 4 times indicates that the guy is a complete pillock.

It certainly shows that he is not even trying to obey the law - the
margin for error is quite substantial, after all.

But then, he is condemned out of his own mouth elsewhere in the
interview. He is clearly one of those arrogant self-selected "elite"
drivers who considers that his own judgment is so good that it
overrides the law of the land.

Guy
Old December 28th 04, 01:29 PM
Alan Braggins

In article 41d13363.0@entanet, Zog The Undeniable wrote:
http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/wil...ON_NEWS13.html

Sounds like he was at fault for the accident that crippled him, too.

"I hit a juggernaut head-on" could be because the truck was on the
wrong side of the road. '"I don't speed," he said' along with
"I accept that I have done wrong and I am happy to face the
consequences" does make him sound a plonker though. If he was done
for speeding four times and accepts he was in the wrong, clearly he
does speed. Maybe not as often or as excessively as others who haven't
been caught, but that's not the same as "I don't speed".
Old December 28th 04, 01:34 PM
Paul - xxx

Zog The Undeniable composed the following ...
http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/wil...ON_NEWS13.html

Sounds like he was at fault for the accident that crippled him, too.
Can't these people just be deported or something?

It has to be said he seems to have no apparently redeeming features that
would make me vote him onto my council. Indeed, I'd positively vote him off,
and let him know why I had done so too.

--
Paul ...
http://www.4x4prejudice.org/index.php

Old December 28th 04, 02:40 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Alan Braggins wrote:

"I hit a juggernaut head-on" could be because the truck was on the
wrong side of the road.

I was just thinking that trucks very rarely overtake anything compared
to cars. Maybe I'm being unfair though.