Weight saving technology

Old June 17th 17, 06:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Weight saving technology

https://theoverheardpress.com/2017/0...10-oz-lighter/

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old June 17th 17, 07:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, June 17, 2017 at 10:30:23 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
https://theoverheardpress.com/2017/0...10-oz-lighter/

I have reduced my Basso Loto to 22.44 lbs and was looking for ways to make it lighter.

The Miche cassette was certainly an object since a Chorus or a Record would be both a couple of ounces lighter. The difference between the KMC chain and the lightest one on the market is about $40 difference in price and less than an ounce. I have to change the rear derailleur since it just BARELY handles the 29 tooth cog so a Chorus medium cage derailleur would save a quarter of an ounce.

Does anyone think that old tightwad is going to worry about that and not the 5 lbs extra belly lard?

But I do think that changing over from the square taper triple to the latest hollow crank and external bearings will save a lb and make it work better..
Old June 19th 17, 02:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

LOL! Reminds me of a friend of mine who bought a 14 lb CFRP bike. My
friend is a solid 250 lbs at 6'3", so a bit overweight. His wife asked
him "wouldn't it be cheaper to eat less and lose weight?" Ouch!
Old June 19th 17, 04:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

https://www.google.com/search?q=bicy...fficency+chart
Old June 19th 17, 10:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 8:49:18 PM UTC-7, wrote:
https://www.google.com/search?q=bicy...fficency+chart

thanks thats very helpful