Chain Whips

Old April 8th 07, 06:11 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Campag_nut

Default Chain Whips

Happy Easter Everyone!

Hopefully you all got your "eggs". No, this is not a follow up post to the
sex and cycling thread :[

Somehow a chocolate wombat and bilby surfaced at our place? I swear they
are getting more bizarre as the years pass. What's the weirdest chocolate
thing you've seen?

Oh, I actually have a question too:
Does anyone know if any chain whip will work on a Campag cluster or does it
have to be "special"?

Thanks,

CN

Old April 8th 07, 07:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Joel Mayes

On 2007-04-08, Campag_nut wrote:

Does anyone know if any chain whip will work on a Campag cluster or does it
have to be "special"?

Thanks,

CN

Any chain whip should work, so long as the chain it's made of is a
reasonable fit to the teeth on the cogs.

Cheers

Joel
Old April 8th 07, 07:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Dave

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 05:11:24 +0000, Campag_nut wrote:

Does anyone know if any chain whip will work on a Campag cluster or does
it have to be "special"?

Of course it has to be special. A non-special whip might have come into
contact with Shimano sprockets at some stage, and you'd pollute your Campy.

Removes tongue from cheek

The chain pitch is the same, so it should be fine.

--
Dave Hughes |
Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different
Old April 8th 07, 08:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Apr 8, 3:11 pm, "Campag_nut" wrote:
Happy Easter Everyone!

Hopefully you all got your "eggs". No, this is not a follow up post to the
sex and cycling thread :[

Somehow a chocolate wombat and bilby surfaced at our place? I swear they
are getting more bizarre as the years pass. What's the weirdest chocolate
thing you've seen?

Oh, I actually have a question too:
Does anyone know if any chain whip will work on a Campag cluster or does it
have to be "special"?

Thanks,

CN

errrm, it's the 8th of April. Bit late for this joke?
;-)
donga

Old April 8th 07, 09:38 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc

Campag_nut wrote:

Somehow a chocolate wombat and bilby surfaced at our place? I swear they
are getting more bizarre as the years pass. What's the weirdest chocolate
thing you've seen?

Well, at least they are Australian and wanted here.
Unlike that furry pest.

The chain slips seldom when speeding up; can this break the chain? or do I have to line up the back sprockets? Iván C. Filpo Techniques 4 July 20th 06 04:44 PM
London Whips Burnaby's Ass Davey Crockett Racing 5 January 30th 06 10:08 PM
1/8" chain whips Andrew Chadwick UK 7 April 8th 05 05:21 AM
triple chain ring alpine saves hi gear chain grind? [email protected] Techniques 0 February 16th 05 06:14 PM