First too big, now too small........

Old April 11th 07, 12:51 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default First too big, now too small........

My road bike has handlebars that bulge towards the middle where they
go through the stem, which makes mounting any accessories on it a
PITA.

I just bought a Minoura Swing Grip (http://tinyurl.com/3dgyd6) which
is cool, but now all my accessories which where too small to fit on
the bars are too big to fit on the swing grip!

All of the accessories have a little bit of rubber around the inside
circumference of their clamp, and I think some of them came with extra
bits that I don't have anymore - is it just a matter of heading down
to clark rubber and picking up some thin rubber and making some more
strips to pad out the clamps?

Clayton

Old April 11th 07, 01:06 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter Signorini

Clayton wrote:

All of the accessories have a little bit of rubber around the inside
circumference of their clamp, and I think some of them came with extra
bits that I don't have anymore - is it just a matter of heading down
to clark rubber and picking up some thin rubber and making some more
strips to pad out the clamps?

Grab hold of an old inner tube that has too many patches. Cut it in half
(across the tube). Slice off two cm wide strips. Use as many of these as you
desire for packing to securely fasten the Swing Grip.

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Old April 11th 07, 01:11 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Aeek

On 11 Apr 2007 04:51:00 -0700, wrote:

I just bought a Minoura Swing Grip (
http://tinyurl.com/3dgyd6) which
is cool, but now all my accessories which where too small to fit on
the bars are too big to fit on the swing grip!

I used some old bar tape to bulk mine up.
Old April 11th 07, 11:40 PM posted to aus.bicycle
John Pitts[_2_]

On 2007-04-11, Peter Signorini wrote:

Clayton wrote:

All of the accessories have a little bit of rubber around the inside
circumference of their clamp, and I think some of them came with extra
bits that I don't have anymore - is it just a matter of heading down
to clark rubber and picking up some thin rubber and making some more
strips to pad out the clamps?

Grab hold of an old inner tube that has too many patches. Cut it in half
(across the tube). Slice off two cm wide strips. Use as many of these as you
desire for packing to securely fasten the Swing Grip.

Or ask at your LBS. If they're anything like mine, they'll have a bunch of
leftover rubber strips in a jar somewhere which they'll give you.

--
John
Write a wise saying and your name will live forever. -- Anonymous

Small pot D.M. Procida UK 23 August 16th 06 08:07 PM
FA: Small Arm Warmers, Small and Large Aero Booties carnivore Marketplace 0 October 4th 05 04:38 PM
FS: Small arm warmers, small aero booties, large aero booties carnivore Marketplace 0 October 2nd 05 08:23 PM
FS: Bushnell Custom Tandem (small/small) [email protected] Marketplace 0 June 4th 05 09:07 PM
Bushnell Custom Tandem (Small 17"/Small 17") [email protected] Marketplace 0 June 1st 05 06:17 PM