Tent found (Canberra)

Old February 10th 08, 10:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle, aus.motorcycles
BT Humble

Default Tent found (Canberra)

I just got home from a weekend at Ulladulla with my Beloved, and found
a tent in my backyard! It's a 3-person dome, all set up, that looks
to have blown away from somebody else's backyard (it's a bit ragged on
the parts of the "pole pockets" that would have been scraping on the
ground/tree/roofs while it was rolling along).

I'll be putting a "found" ad in the free local rag, but it can't help
to spread the word. This is in Gordon, BTW.

If nobody claims it, that'll make 6 tents already on-site and
available for the Unaugural:

BTH
Old February 12th 08, 06:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle,aus.motorcycles
Andrew McKenna

BT Humble wrote:
I just got home from a weekend at Ulladulla with my Beloved, and found
a tent in my backyard! It's a 3-person dome, all set up, that looks
to have blown away from somebody else's backyard (it's a bit ragged on
the parts of the "pole pockets" that would have been scraping on the
ground/tree/roofs while it was rolling along).

I'll be putting a "found" ad in the free local rag, but it can't help
to spread the word. This is in Gordon, BTW.

If nobody claims it, that'll make 6 tents already on-site and
available for the Unaugural:

BTH

*Another* flying tent and this one just *happened* to land in your back
yard?

--
Cheers

Andrew
Old February 12th 08, 08:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle,aus.motorcycles
Theo Bekkers

Andrew McKenna wrote:
BT Humble wrote:
I just got home from a weekend at Ulladulla with my Beloved, and
found a tent in my backyard! It's a 3-person dome, all set up, that
looks to have blown away from somebody else's backyard (it's a bit
ragged on the parts of the "pole pockets" that would have been
scraping on the ground/tree/roofs while it was rolling along).

I'll be putting a "found" ad in the free local rag, but it can't help
to spread the word. This is in Gordon, BTW.

If nobody claims it, that'll make 6 tents already on-site and
available for the Unaugural:

*Another* flying tent and this one just *happened* to land in your
back yard?

If it's an orange and fawn 3 man dome, I left it set up at PI circa 1989
Supers. Took a bloody long time to get to your place.

Theo

Old February 12th 08, 11:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle, aus.motorcycles
BT Humble

Andrew McKenna wrote:
*Another* flying tent and this one just *happened* to land in your back
yard?

Yeah, I know - I was thinking the same thing when I saw it in the
backyard! It mustn't be as uncommon as I thought!

BTH
Old February 12th 08, 11:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle, aus.motorcycles
BT Humble

Theo wrote:

If it's an orange and fawn 3 man dome, I left it set up at PI circa 1989
Supers. Took a bloody long time to get to your place.

Theo

Nope, and there's no vomit inside it either.

(That *is* why you left yours at PI, wasn't it?)

BTH
Old February 12th 08, 11:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle,aus.motorcycles
Theo Bekkers

BT Humble wrote:
Theo wrote:

If it's an orange and fawn 3 man dome, I left it set up at PI circa
1989 Supers. Took a bloody long time to get to your place.

Nope, and there's no vomit inside it either.

(That *is* why you left yours at PI, wasn't it?)

Nah, I couldn't be fagged carrying it all the way back to Perth and then
throwing it away.

Theo

Old February 12th 08, 12:36 PM posted to aus.bicycle,aus.motorcycles
Knobdoodle

I found a tent too... IN MY PANTS!!!
--
Flash-heart-doodle

Old February 12th 08, 02:07 PM posted to aus.bicycle,aus.motorcycles
paulh[_2_]

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:41:49 +0900, "Theo Bekkers"
wrote:

BT Humble wrote:
Theo wrote:

If it's an orange and fawn 3 man dome, I left it set up at PI circa
1989 Supers. Took a bloody long time to get to your place.

Nope, and there's no vomit inside it either.

(That *is* why you left yours at PI, wasn't it?)

Nah, I couldn't be fagged carrying it all the way back to Perth and then
throwing it away.

*******.. thats the same tent I found down a dead penguins throat back
in ooh... early 1990.

paulh
Old February 13th 08, 12:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle,aus.motorcycles
Nigel Allen

On 12/02/2008 10:36 PM, Knobdoodle wrote:
I found a tent too... IN MY PANTS!!!

A one-man tent by any chance - or was it a "pup tent".

N/
Old February 13th 08, 01:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle,aus.motorcycles
David Springthorpe[_2_]

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:36:36 GMT, "Knobdoodle" wrote:

I found a tent too... IN MY PANTS!!!

With a self-erecting pole, or does it require physical intervention ?