Run over by a ute

Old March 13th 07, 12:29 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

Default Run over by a ute

On Mar 13, 4:53 pm, rooman rooman.2nd...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
EuanB Wrote:

I don't quite understand how he drove over the top of your bike and not
you. When I'm at a roundabout I'm in the middle of the lane, smack bang
in front of the driver. Glad it was just the bike he ran over.

QUOTE]

did this happen or are we being suckered here?

can't imagine anyone ( other than an anonymous guest out to tug a leg)
getting their bike run over and being more concerned on 105 over
Ultegra (and on a Trek 1400 of all things!)....rather than discussing
liability, duty of care, round about rules/law and seeking a solution
to ensure this is not a repeat at that location...

My 1400 has Ultegra (and, 10sp!) The bits fell off a Project 1 OCLV
120 that got an upgrade....

Old March 13th 07, 10:54 PM posted to aus.bicycle
rooman[_47_]

Bleve Wrote:

My 1400 has Ultegra (and, 10sp!) The bits fell off a Project 1 OCLV
120 that got an upgrade....

The Aplha Alum 1400 IS good value , and to add 10spd Ultegra ...that's
a plus...( it's cool when things fall within a handy distance)

I must be getting full of inertia in my dotage...the guy's preamble to
his 105/ultegra - Azzurri/1400 dilemna didnt seem to gel...

(yeah I know, noted I spell dilemma with an "n" 'cos I was a good
school boy and did what I was told, & like it that way...just means now
there are sure signs of assertive behaviour in the face of entymological
reasoning)

time for a java...

--
rooman

Old March 14th 07, 12:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

On Mar 14, 8:54 am, rooman rooman.2ne...@no-
Bleve Wrote:

My 1400 has Ultegra (and, 10sp!) The bits fell off a Project 1 OCLV
120 that got an upgrade....

The Aplha Alum 1400 IS good value

65,000km on one says I agree, it's still going strong.

Old March 14th 07, 10:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Scott Blanch

Scott Blanch wrote:
There I was just riding along...

Nope definitely not trying to pull a leg. As far as being anonymous well
I am a long time lurker of about 4 years with the very occasional post.
And i guess that the reason I am not more concerned about liability,
roundabout rules etc. is that the guy at fault has made it quite clear
that he is paying for the damages.
When the incident was reported to the police they couldn't seem to care
less and in fact told me that there was no need for it to be reported.
Although he he did ring up the driver to confirm that he was responsible
and that he is prepared to pay after my concerns that the driver only
left me with his first name and a very roughly scribbled mob. no. The
quote for the bike comes to $2794.00 which includes a new pair of pedals
and a pair of new shoes (cough ... damaged in the accident). The LBS
told me to hit him up for a new helmet, computer, lights, nicks etc but
I don't want to be done for insurance fraud, there is something about
jail food that just doesn't appeal to me.
It seems like a new trek 1400 is the go however the LBS cant stock Treks
at the moment because of a disagreement on the way his shop should be
set up ie Trek want him to hold more mtn. bikes than roadies so he
doesn't know when he can get them back in, hence the question I asked
about the Azzuri. I haven't had a great deal of experience with other
bikes apart from what I have gleaned from this newsgroup over the past
few years. My Trek 1400 was only about 18 mnths old when I had the
accident and I really liked the way it rode it was sort of worn in to me
and although I haven't been competitive on it yet I was looking forward
to attempting a crit one day (If I could get out of bed early enough).
So thanx for the advice and please keep it up.
-Blanchy

Old March 14th 07, 11:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:14:17 +1000
Scott Blanch wrote:
When the incident was reported to the police they couldn't seem to care
less and in fact told me that there was no need for it to be reported.
Although he he did ring up the driver to confirm that he was responsible
and that he is prepared to pay after my concerns that the driver only
left me with his first name and a very roughly scribbled mob. no. The
quote for the bike comes to $2794.00 which includes a new pair of pedals

In which case maybe the cops were wrong. Most states have a rule about
how a crash must be reported if there's an injury or if damage is above
a certain amount. I think 2 grand is the limit in NSW, but it has been
a while.

Zebee
Old March 14th 07, 11:21 AM posted to aus.bicycle
SomeGuy[_20_]

Scott Blanch Wrote:
The LBS told me to hit him up for a new helmet, computer, lights, nicks
etc but I don't want to be done for insurance fraud, there is something
about jail food that just doesn't appeal to me.

Did your head hit the deck? If so buy a new helmet, that's not
insurance fraud it's common sense. If any of your accessories show
signs of damage I'd be claiming them too.

--
SomeGuy

Old March 22nd 07, 07:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
bob_the_rider

On Mar 12, 8:37 pm, Scott Blanch wrote:

wheel/rear sub frame of my near new 06 Trek 1400. He looked like he was
going to keep on going but a lady pedestrian got his attention on the
other side of the road and he stopped and then ran back across the road
to render any assistance claiming that he didn't see me ...duh.

Was the lady cute? I bet he was checking her out and not watching
where he was going!

Old April 11th 07, 02:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Dropbear[_2_]

bob_the_rider wrote:
On Mar 12, 8:37 pm, Scott Blanch wrote:

wheel/rear sub frame of my near new 06 Trek 1400. He looked like he was
going to keep on going but a lady pedestrian got his attention on the
other side of the road and he stopped and then ran back across the road
to render any assistance claiming that he didn't see me ...duh.

Was the lady cute? I bet he was checking her out and not watching
where he was going!

Umm no she wasn't much to look at from memory a mid aged power walker I
guess. I think he would have been watching the traffic entering the
roundabout from the right and just didn't check his left where I was.