PASTY-FACED LIMEYS GET WHAT THEY DESERVE

Old June 14th 17, 11:50 AM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default PASTY-FACED LIMEYS GET WHAT THEY DESERVE

On 14.06.2017 03:17, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
I'm the only one who bothers replying to you, and now you have none.

That is a yes for the fact that the bicycle is a very convenient
economical delightful viable mode of transport for many things.
Old June 14th 17, 04:43 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
BurfordTJustice

Default us roads

Groups reinstated...so all can be aware
of your attitudea and vast knowledge.

"Kerr Mudd-John" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 15:09:23 +0100, rbowman wrote:

This state has more dirt roads than paved so that's pretty common. We
even have a single lane bridge that sees a lot of traffic. People are
good about taking turns.

Boston could suck. I think some of the streets were laid out by Paul
Revere in his spare time.

Salt Lake, while the people can't drive for sour owl ****, is the best.
Rumor is Brigham Young insisted the streets should be wide enough to do
a u-turn with a full team and wagon.

Sounds like you're in the USA. uk groups dropped.
(oh and it's a troll thread btw.)

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug

Old June 15th 17, 12:43 AM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 06:53:18 +0100, Diesel wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword"
news alt.home.repair, wrote:

A DC-10 had come in a little hot and thus had an exceedingly long
roll out after touching down. San Jose Tower Noted: "American 751,
make a hard right turn at the end of the runway, if you are able.
If you are not able, take the Guadalupe exit off Highway 101, make
a right at the lights, and return to the airport."

ROFL! I like it. I've saved it!

See, usenet is good for something, sometimes. [g]

There's 1416 to collect.

--
If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
Old June 15th 17, 12:53 AM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 01:55:28 +0100, rbowman wrote:

The only difference is they stop at railroad crossings but there
aren't that
many.

Surely cars do too?! Or you'd get mown down by the train.

No, they stop at railroad crossings. Period. It doesn't matter if there
is a train within 50 miles.

I don't understand. A railroad crossing flashes lights or puts down a barrier if a train is approaching. All vehicles stop when this happens. What are you saying your buses do?!

I drove a school bus for several months and
with those you also had to open the door, presumably so you didn't
overlook an EMD power unit.

What is "EMD"?

Other than that I've never been inconvenienced by being behind a
bus. They aren't the lumbering landmarks that the AEC Routemasters or
the Boris Buses are.

Actually I get stuck behind old people in Hyundais just as often.

There is that.

I was behind a Skoda on the motorway this afternoon. Roadworks, down to one lane each side. Then my side crossed over to the other, so my side could get retarmacced. It was a 50mph limit in the roadworks, but 30mph on the bit where you crossed as it was a sharp turn and an uneven surface. The stupid driver drove exactly 50, then exactly 30, then remained at 30 for the next 2 miles. Eventually his wife noticed me 6 inches behind him flashing my lights and hooting my horn (on behalf of the 50 cars and lorries stuck behind me), tapped him on the shoulder and pointed to a 50 speed limit sign, then he shot up to 50. I guess he wasn't paying attention. Travelling at the limit makes me mad, but travelling under it makes me want to give them a push.

I am particularly annoyed by those who can't get off the
line when a light goes to green. I don't mean that they slept through
the change. They start on the signal and accelerate like a snail on
thorazine.

I floor it as soon as it hits amber, often just before. You see the other side stopping, so you know it's about to change.

--
Willy-nilly (adj.), impotent.
Old June 15th 17, 04:14 AM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
rbowman[_2_]

I drove a school bus for several months and
with those you also had to open the door, presumably so you didn't
overlook an EMD power unit.

What is "EMD"?

It used to be General Motors' Electro-Motive Division but now it's
Electro-Motive Diesel. They make large locomotives that are difficult,
but not impossible, to overlook.
Old June 15th 17, 11:40 AM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Diesel

news alt.home.repair, wrote:

A DC-10 had come in a little hot and thus had an exceedingly long
roll out after touching down. San Jose Tower Noted: "American 751,
make a hard right turn at the end of the runway, if you are able.
If you are not able, take the Guadalupe exit off Highway 101, make
a right at the lights, and return to the airport."

ROFL! I like it. I've saved it!

See, usenet is good for something, sometimes. [g]

There's 1416 to collect.

Oh? Want to post the file someplace? I'll be happy to leech it.
Doesn't matter what the format is, I'll convert it to make it friendly
for my program to use it.

--
Insert witty tagline here

Old June 15th 17, 12:13 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 11:40:53 +0100, Diesel wrote:

news alt.home.repair, wrote:

A DC-10 had come in a little hot and thus had an exceedingly long
roll out after touching down. San Jose Tower Noted: "American 751,
make a hard right turn at the end of the runway, if you are able.
If you are not able, take the Guadalupe exit off Highway 101, make
a right at the lights, and return to the airport."

ROFL! I like it. I've saved it!

See, usenet is good for something, sometimes. [g]

There's 1416 to collect.

Oh? Want to post the file someplace? I'll be happy to leech it.
Doesn't matter what the format is, I'll convert it to make it friendly
for my program to use it.

Here you go, although it'll take you quite a while to read through them to see which ones you want!!:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/noci0l4yrb...abase.dat?dl=1

It's from a program called Taglines. It's a plain text file with each sig separated by a backslash on it's own line, like this:

First one
\
Second one
\
And so on.

--
A man walks into a bar with a slab of asphalt under his arm and says, "A beer please, and one for the road."
Old June 15th 17, 08:13 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Diesel

news alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 06:53:18 +0100, Diesel
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword"
news alt.home.repair, wrote:

[...]

This wouldn't be taglines v1.7 by resedit would it? If so, I'm
hunting for a nine year old program and having little luck so far.
Where did you snag it from? Might just write one myself that
basically emulates it's style. I like the way the author chose to
setup the database, myself. Would have to build an index table to
keep it speedy and quick, but..still. I don't mind the coding
practice. Would also need to add a timer routine so that while the
program is running, every so often, it changes the signature for me.

I'd still like to see the original program though, if you can point
me in the right direction to locate it.

--
Insert witty tagline here

Old June 17th 17, 12:42 AM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 20:13:05 +0100, Diesel wrote:

news alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 06:53:18 +0100, Diesel
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword"
news alt.home.repair, wrote:

[...]

No information found in the executable properties. And no information given within the program. All I have is the readme.txt which says:
Random Taglines 1.1
Michael Leong

If so, I'm
hunting for a nine year old program and having little luck so far.
Where did you snag it from? Might just write one myself that
basically emulates it's style. I like the way the author chose to
setup the database, myself. Would have to build an index table to
keep it speedy and quick, but..still. I don't mind the coding
practice. Would also need to add a timer routine so that while the
program is running, every so often, it changes the signature for me.

This one changes it anything from every 1 second to every 24 hours, you choose. It outputs a random signature to a text file, which you point your newsreader to.

I'd still like to see the original program though, if you can point
me in the right direction to locate it.

No idea where I got it, google searches produce anything but programs when using the words "random" and "taglines" and even the author's name.
I've shoved a zip of it he
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nizaz6plo9...lines.zip?dl=1

--
"If hooking up one rag-head terrorist's testicles to a car battery gets the truth out of the lying little camel
shagger to save just one Scottish soldiers life, then I have only three things to say: Red is positive, Black is
Old June 17th 17, 12:34 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Diesel

"James Wilkinson Sword"
news alt.home.repair, wrote:

No idea where I got it, google searches produce anything but
programs when using the words "random" and "taglines" and even the
author's name. I've shoved a zip of it he
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nizaz6plo9...lines.zip?dl=1

Kewl beans, thanks! I've saved a decent copy of it. It works very well.
I even spent the time to convert all of my tag lines over to the way in
which it works. Now, I have over 8000 of them. Thanks again!

--
Start slow and taper off. --Walt Stack

They deserve it? Alycidon UK 4 August 17th 15 03:13 PM
why stupid people have difficulty when faced with the truth Henry[_4_] Racing 4 July 21st 10 08:01 PM
Watch the sleazy Limeys in action! [email protected] Techniques 43 August 16th 06 08:24 PM
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet, given the number of Limeys around here. P e t e F a g e r l i n Mountain Biking 7 October 20th 03 11:12 AM