10 speed chain rides between rings

Old June 21st 06, 07:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default 10 speed chain rides between rings

I have a Shimano DA10 speed drive train with an FSA K-force crank with
FSA 53/39 chainrings. Recently (after about 1K miles on the chain) the
DA 10 chain began to ride between the rings when downshifting the
front. The chain is not elongated, I've checked the fd adjustment, and
I've lubed the chain which actually helped a bit. Of course, this
happens more when the rear is in the outer four cogs, but it didn't
happen for the first 1k miles. Any ideas? TIA

Old June 21st 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

cliff wrote:
I have a Shimano DA10 speed drive train with an FSA K-force crank with
FSA 53/39 chainrings. Recently (after about 1K miles on the chain) the
DA 10 chain began to ride between the rings when downshifting the
front. The chain is not elongated, I've checked the fd adjustment, and
I've lubed the chain which actually helped a bit. Of course, this
happens more when the rear is in the outer four cogs, but it didn't
happen for the first 1k miles. Any ideas? TIA

Do you have the FD cage at the proper height? The FD cage should be as
close as possible to the big ring.

Rear Mech Advice wanted Julesh UK 53 May 17th 06 10:12 AM
Chain waxing + graphite question HarryB Techniques 410 March 16th 06 02:57 AM
The Speed Trap - BBC1 Scotland Sandy Morton UK 305 November 19th 05 05:37 PM
A few fixed gear questions. Will Fisher Techniques 39 March 16th 05 05:56 PM
ICYCLES Inventory List ICYCLES Marketplace 0 July 26th 03 08:25 PM