Politicians and their bikes

Old May 12th 07, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Kane

Default Politicians and their bikes

On May 11, 7:09 pm, Dr Kickstand wrote:
I was wondering what other Politicians cycle. I know David Cameron is
one.... What about Gordo?

Tks
Dr K

www.bikesthatfold.com- Bikes That Fold is a resource for folding
bikes

George W Bush but apparently he runs into people.

John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

Old May 12th 07, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alex Potter

On Sat, 12 May 2007 12:42:45 +0100, Peter Clinch wrote:

Alex Potter wrote:
On Sat, 12 May 2007 11:14:11 +0100, Danny Colyer wrote:

Nick Kew wrote (of Gordon Brown):
Yep, would tend to make cycling unsafe. Put him onna tandem, with
Cameron for eyes!
I dunno about that. Can anyone actually imagine the Labour party
being steered by a Tory?
;-)

Hasn't that been the position since New Labour gained power?

Call that steering!? ;-/

Pete.

More like "led by the nose"

--
Regards
Alex
Old May 12th 07, 01:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Andreas Schulze-Bäing

Alex Potter wrote:
On Sat, 12 May 2007 11:14:11 +0100, Danny Colyer wrote:

Nick Kew wrote (of Gordon Brown):
Yep, would tend to make cycling unsafe. Put him onna tandem, with
Cameron for eyes!
I dunno about that. Can anyone actually imagine the Labour party
being steered by a Tory?
;-)

Hasn't that been the position since New Labour gained power?

Call that steering!? ;-/

Pete.

More like "led by the nose"

Or "led by spin"... ;-

Andreas
Old May 12th 07, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alistair Gunn

Dr Kickstand twisted the electrons to say:
I was wondering what other Politicians cycle. I know David Cameron is
one.... What about Gordo?

Hugh Bayley, the MP for York has a bike in York and a bike in London.
Apparently, he brings the London bike up to York on the train when it
needs servicing so I guess that means he even has experience of bikes on
public transport.
Old May 12th 07, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

On 12/05/2007 16:10, the.Mark said,

I don't think cycling while blind in one eye would be unsafe. I
used to watch speedway and there was one rider who lost an eye
and could still race.

I believe you are allowed to drive with only one eye, and if that is the
case then why not be allowed to cycle? I just wish some of the drivers
I encountered just now would use even one eye :-)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old May 12th 07, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roos Eisma

the.Mark writes:

I don't think cycling while blind in one eye would be unsafe. I=20
used to watch speedway and there was one rider who lost an eye=20
and could still race.

One of my aunts had detached retinas when she was younger and was sort of
blind in one eye and mostly in the other. She was taking ultralight flying
lessons without problems, using other tricks to estimate distance to the
ground etc. It only came out when she went for exam and someone thought to
check her eyesight.

Roos
Old May 12th 07, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
ts

Alistair Gunn wrote:

Dr Kickstand twisted the electrons to say:
I was wondering what other Politicians cycle. I know David Cameron is
one.... What about Gordo?

Hugh Bayley, the MP for York has a bike in York and a bike in London.
Apparently, he brings the London bike up to York on the train when it
needs servicing so I guess that means he even has experience of bikes on
public transport.

And perhaps experience of what it is like getting his bike serviced in
London? :-)

--
T Sandvik // to send e-mail, remove vehicle
Old May 12th 07, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke

in message , Paul Boyd
') wrote:

On 12/05/2007 16:10, the.Mark said,

I don't think cycling while blind in one eye would be unsafe. I
used to watch speedway and there was one rider who lost an eye
and could still race.

I believe you are allowed to drive with only one eye, and if that is the
case then why not be allowed to cycle?

You're allowed to drive if you're registered blind, and on the motorway of
the blind the one-eyed man is, errmm, Clarkson.

No, scratch that. Clarkson may /have/ eyes, but I don't believe he uses
them when driving.

;; Our modern industrial economy takes a mountain covered with trees,
;; lakes, running streams and transforms it into a mountain of junk,
;; garbage, slime pits, and debris. -- Edward Abbey

Old May 12th 07, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ambrose Nankivell

ts wrote:
Alistair Gunn wrote:

Dr Kickstand twisted the electrons to say:
I was wondering what other Politicians cycle. I know David Cameron is
one.... What about Gordo?

Hugh Bayley, the MP for York has a bike in York and a bike in London.
Apparently, he brings the London bike up to York on the train when it
needs servicing so I guess that means he even has experience of bikes on
public transport.

And perhaps experience of what it is like getting his bike serviced in
London? :-)

Do you think he goes to Evans?

Cue elyob