Thanks Josh...

Old August 31st 04, 06:07 AM
Brian

Default Thanks Josh...

I have been "lurking" at ARBR for a while now...

Anyone familiar with Dave Lipetz's homebuilt 'bent?

He got ahold of one of those No Weld Recumbent plans (I think) and built
himself a nice ride. Well, it looks nice to me...

Now, I myself follow the path of Least Expenditu I mean, you should SEE
the homebuilt DF "heinz 57" I'm doing about 100mi per week on now. I
haven't owned or rode a bike I didn't build since I was 16.

And I had an epiphany a few weeks back:

A Guy on a Bent blew by me on Westminster Highway...

I mean he was MOVING!!! and hardly seemed to be sweating at all...older
guy, mebbe 10 years or so older than me.

I could barely keep up with him...and the thought came to me: "I have GOT
to get me one of those!!!"

So I checked 'round the shop and out on the Spare Bike Frame Wall...and it
seems I have all the various parts I need to build my OWN "no-weld
recumbent"...except for a seat; and I'm pretty sure I can kludge something
together that will serve.

I am currently in the midst of restoring an old hardtail, and when that is
done, I think I will start on my very own 'bent...

Stay tuned...

Brian.