Rich Pinto states objectives

Old October 24th 04, 07:29 AM
avgrin

Tom Sherman wrote in message ...
What a load of crap. Bush II does not know the meaning of a real job -
one where you screw up, you lose your employment privilege. (Hopefully,
he will learn this for the first time in a couple of weeks.)

I can empathize with you emotions, but there is no reason to use foul
language.

By the standards of today, "crap" is a word that can by used in polite
company.

About one thing, though, you are absolutely correct G.W. Bush is not a
doer in the opinion of Hollywood inspired generation were a doer is
one who fills all the available space with hot air inflated ego.
George W. Bush definitely doesn't meet this criteria. He is a low-key
individual who doesn't parade his abilities in public, he acts
according to his religious believes of walking meekly before people
and God.

You can insult G.W. Bush as much as you want, by doing that you are
also insulting at least 8,000,000 Texans who elected him as a governor
in 1994 with 53.4% of the vote and re-elected him again in 1998 --
68.6%. If this is not enough for you, at least 48% of the all USA
voters in 2000, and at least 50% leaning towards him in 2004,
notwithstanding the fact that he has been the President during one of
the most trying periods in the USA history; and despite his
media-contest-loosing West Texas drawl. Do you claim that all who
supports Bush are idiots?...

Not those Bush supporters who are rich and greedy, and want even more
than they could possibly ever spend. They are not idiots, just immoral.

Thank you this is a very intelligent answer. Bravisimo!!!

None consistently work the hours claimed above - nobody can work those
hours for more than a week or two without suffering from exhaustion.

My wife and I did for 9 years after starting our own business; after
that for about 18 months I worked part time (50 to 60 hours a week),
so I could spend more time with the children. Now after 22 years we
work 40 - 60 hours a week and discuss business related issues at least
another 40 hours a week. My wife went to the hospital to give birth to
our first 4 children directly from the office, thank God. She called
customers from there the following mornings.

Then you and her are crazy for working that much instead of spending
time on activities that improve quality of life. (Hey, I just wrote
something that Ed Dolan would agree with.)

And yes, yes I do want my children inherit my ideals, my achievements,
and my wealth. As the matter of fact, my oldest just started to work
for the family business and she is putting in at least 80 hours a
week. She also spends another 15 - 20 hours a week preparing and
teaching religious Sunday study classes.

You should not enable your daughter's masochism.

You are probably correct because if she is successful through hard
work, it wouldn't matter to some, they still will claim that here
achievement is the result of "cronyism and nepotism". In their
opinion it is better to marry some wealthy male and run for the
President on feminist platform. At least 47% of the population will
support it. Fortunately, neither I nor she share this opinion.
Old October 24th 04, 02:24 PM
Tom Sherman

avgrin wrote:

You are probably correct because if she is successful through hard
work, it wouldn't matter to some, they still will claim that here
achievement is the result of "cronyism and nepotism". In their
opinion it is better to marry some wealthy male and run for the
President on feminist platform. At least 47% of the population will
support it. Fortunately, neither I nor she share this opinion.

So it would appear probable that you and your family are genetically
fortunate in needing less sleep and/or having more energy than average.

What would you do if you had an employee who would do good work for 6 to
7 hours a day, but not after that due to fatigue? Should he or she still
be given benefits and a living wage, or should he or she sacrifice all
activities outside of work to get just a little more done at work? [1]

[1] This is not a hypothetical question, but an actual situation for
several people (from a relatively small sample size). Therefore, we
could infer that it is the case for many people in the general population.

--
Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon and Pedant

Old October 24th 04, 06:07 PM
avgrin

(avgrin) wrote in message
[...]

Thank you Tom, this is a very intelligent answer. Bravisimo!!!