A Parting Word

Old February 11th 05, 06:30 AM
G. Morgan

Subject: A Parting Word
Newsgroup: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
= Edward Dolan = wrote:

YHM

--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email
Old February 11th 05, 07:06 AM
Edward Dolan

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
Newsgroup: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
= Edward Dolan = wrote:

Then quit beating a dead horse and leave already.

Nope, not even Graham likes to hear the truth about newsgroups.

I forgot more about NG's than you'll ever learn.

I now know all I will ever want to know. I am a quick learner.

The truth is this:

If is don't apply, let it fly.

Yup, blend into the wood work, but that is not why I came to a newsgroup. I
meant to stand out and I did.

If you would quit posting and just lurk for a while, you'll quickly find
your
name not being mentioned.

If and when my name is no longer being mentioned I will be gone. When do
you
think that will be - sometime this year?

If you quit arguing about the usage of the word "differing", don't you
think
that would help?

No one understands us scholars and pedants. The fate of the world can hinge
on a single word.

You are not going anywhere. I'll bet ya $100 you can't quit posting to
ARBR.

You would lose that bet. Once the loose ends are tied up I will be gone.

I came on this group bit by bit and that is the way I am going to leave
it -
if others will let me. And that includes you too, Graham.

YOU have to be the one to make the decision. Truth be told, the only
reason I
stayed subscribed to this NG is to be entertained by you. I got drawn
into it
by Mark L. cross posting to another group.

Graham, I need others who are up to my level. You can only humor idiots and
morons for so long. They get frustrated at always being on the short end of
an argument - and then they get nasty. I should never have left the groves
of academe where they are used to intellectual discourse, although they can
be equally as nasty as those to be found here on ARBR.

Retract your statement about leaving now, it will make much less crow to
consume
in the future.

No, I am determined to leave, but it may be the longest leave taking in
Usenet history. It may be that I will have to say goodbye a hundred and one
times before the fantasy becomes the reality.

I am disillusioned with newsgroups. But I knew better going into this human
nature being what it is. Thankfully, I am going to die in the not too
distant future and leave this vale of woe for oblivion. Non-existence is the
best of all possible worlds and that is what we should all be aspiring to.
Trust me on this, you do not want to live forever, not in this world and
most certainly not in any other world either. Thus spake Zarathustra.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old February 11th 05, 07:14 AM
G. Morgan

Newsgroup: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
= Edward Dolan = wrote:

Thus spake Zarathustra

Are you experiencing delusions of grandeur, or are you suicidal?

--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email
Old February 11th 05, 08:03 AM
Edward Dolan

= Edward Dolan = wrote:

Thus spake Zarathustra

Are you experiencing delusions of grandeur, or are you suicidal?

I have always experienced delusions of grandeur from the first moment I
arrived here on ARBR. It is because everyone else on this group is so very
small minded. That is why I have named myself Ed Dolan the Great. Others
need to know not only what I think of myself, but what I think of them by
way of contrast. No other Greats here except myself.

As to being suicidal, well no. I am getting on in years (almost 70), but
there is never any point in rushing to the grave because once you are dead,
you are dead for all eternity. But still you have to ask yourself, just how
long do you want to live. Every time I pick up the local newspaper, people
in their 70's are dropping like flies. The women seem to make it into their
80's, but we men like to kick off in our mid 70's. Well, let us struggle on
and let the dead bury the dead I always say.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old February 11th 05, 03:59 PM
nget

G. Morgan Wrote:
Newsgroup: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
= nget = wrote:

The weather is great here in the
Pacific Northwest and I have my 3.4 wiz wheel trike that is helping

me
to restore my hurt knee.Today a nice lady I didn't even know called

me
by my first name as I rode by.Hi Mark she said,well it made me feel
good that she knew who I was.She may even know things about me I wish
she didn't.

I'm glad you're have a break in the weather. It sounds like you're
living a
content life. I wish I could say the same.

BTW:

You just gave away your (general) locale and name, so Jim can no longer
call you
"anonymous".

--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email

People can call me whatever it is they would like to it doesn't change
who I am,and unlike so many people I do know who I am.I am far from
living a content life but if it falls my way I will take it as well as
the bad times for both come from the same place.Today I'm back on the
job ,what a waste of this good weather.Looks like I'm late for work
again,does anybody really give a ****?

--
nget

The word is out: It's over. packfiller Racing 3 October 15th 04 06:22 PM
What's wrong with using the word "helmet" wheelsgoround UK 131 September 6th 04 08:51 PM
tdf word of the day purphekt General 9 July 16th 04 10:33 PM
Unicycling - Not a word? fluffinator007 Unicycling 13 March 13th 04 12:57 PM
The Word of the Day for July 9 is... Tom Schulenburg Racing 1 July 9th 03 09:15 PM