Are we cyclists the only true Christians and any other Jesus in onlya Conspiracy?

Old August 24th 09, 12:29 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

Default Are we cyclists the only true Christians and any other Jesus in only a Conspiracy?

"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message
If it weren't so far-fetched that Jesus ever came to America, I'd
agree that the only true Christians are the Mormons.

At least the [they] preach on bike.

The Mormons aren't Christians at all. They claim to be latter day saints,
when all the world knows that there is only One Great Saint extant today -
and that is Saint Edward the Great!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old August 24th 09, 02:06 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message
Tim McNamara wrote:
In article ,
Mark Cleary wrote:

ComandanteBanana wrote:

snip the usual drivel

So what is your point?

ComandanteBanana is a troll and his point is to get people to pay
attention to him.

I disagree. ComandanteBanana's goal is to scare people away from cycling.

CB is like a child whose brain has been scrambled because some motorists
honk at him, give him the finger, or otherwise disturb the tranquility of
his days. Every insult he has received from motorists is common to all
cyclists. Why he should making a fuss about it is the one and only mystery.

Old August 24th 09, 02:31 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

Default Why do people really hate cyclists?

On Aug 23, 9:06*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in ...

Tim McNamara wrote:
In article ,
*Mark Cleary wrote:

ComandanteBanana wrote:

snip the usual drivel

So what is your point?

ComandanteBanana is a troll and his point is to get people to pay
attention to him.

I disagree. ComandanteBanana's goal is to scare people away from cycling.

CB is like a child whose brain has been scrambled because some motorists
honk at him, give him the finger, or otherwise disturb the tranquility of
his days. Every insult he has received from motorists is common to all
cyclists. Why he should making a fuss about it is the one and only mystery.

No, my friend, that's NOT the only mystery. The greates mystery is the
CRIMINAL MIND...

Ah, the mysteries of the criminal mind. Why is OK to hurt and kill
people? Is it SELFISHNESS that isolates them from the subject, is it
SADISM that gives them a kick, is it SUPERIORITY that makes them treat
other perceived inferior as object of their power games? We may never
know what makes this or that driver kick, but we can sure be ready for
the Charles Manson's of the road...

Of all places this comment is centered in London, but I'm sure there
are worst scenarios out there (mine to begin with). Hey, there's a
MORAL CHOICE drivers can make while sitting in that throne.

Why do people really hate cyclists?

"But why do some people seem to hate anyone on a bike? yes, some do go
through red lights. But I have also seen plenty of cars go through red
lights. A cyclist is more likely to hurt himself than anyone else –
but it doesn’t make it right and I don’t do it.

All road users have a duty of care towards each other – and especially
those in front of you. No one owns the road. Sure cycling two abreast
is legal but I wouldn’t in London, that is just courtesy. But neither
should drivers knock so many single cyclists over or block cycle lanes
where we have them. I gave up counting how many times I’ve seen cars
cut in, to turn left in front of me and others to save milliseconds
from a trip.

It must be that the root cause of this is the frustration that most
drivers feel stuck in traffic. I have felt it too, I drive but not as
much as I used to. Seeing someone getting where they want to, with
less effort, stress, cost and at a predictable rate is frustrating
especially if your late or need the loo. The anger can rise when
someone glides past, through heavy traffic off into the sucset (or
sunrise). I have been in both positions, like so many people who ride
to work.

Instead of getting angry, why not get a bike? Most cyclists don’t feel
smug – they just made the choice to leave the car at home and avoid
overcrowded public transport.

And remember, those are people, not cyclists. They have families,
mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, brothers and sisters – so try not
to kill us."

http://ragtag.wordpress.com/2008/01/...hate-cyclists/

Old August 24th 09, 02:50 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

In article ,
Tom Sherman °_° wrote:

Tim McNamara wrote:
In article ,
Mark Cleary wrote:

ComandanteBanana wrote:

snip the usual drivel

So what is your point?

ComandanteBanana is a troll and his point is to get people to pay
attention to him.

I disagree. ComandanteBanana's goal is to scare people away from
cycling.

Then he's an idiot, picking Usenet with its shrinking participation
numbers and diminishing support by ISPs. If he wants to scare people
away from cycling, he's picked the least effective forum I can think of.
Old August 24th 09, 03:39 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

"Tim McNamara" wrote in message
In article ,
Tom Sherman °_° wrote:

[...]
ComandanteBanana is a troll and his point is to get people to pay
attention to him.

I disagree. ComandanteBanana's goal is to scare people away from
cycling.

Then he's an idiot, picking Usenet with its shrinking participation
numbers and diminishing support by ISPs. If he wants to scare people
away from cycling, he's picked the least effective forum I can think of.

I certainly do agree with Mr. McNamara that Usenet is for the birds, but
what is this about ISPs not supporting Usenet? The bandwidth for text
messages is next to nothing. Some folks are now downloading complete movies
via torrents (PirateBay). These are simply huge files and must take days to
download. Even files from LimeWire can be quite large. What am I missing?

Old August 24th 09, 10:12 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Keitht

ComandanteBanana wrote:
Jesus and bikes... what an obvious mix.

If Jesus wanted to come to suffer again, he'd come as a cyclist. So
the only true Christians are the cyclists!

Any other Jesus is the product of a conspiracy...

"Nobody is saying Christ was a fraud, or denying that He walked the
earth and inspired millions to better lives. All we are saying is that
Constantine took advantage of Christ's substantial influence and
importance. And in doing so, he shaped the face of Christianity as we
know it today."1

http://www.y-jesus.com/monalisa.php

(That's it, no more preaching for today. Now go and hit the road to
spread the good news)

Seeing as recent research shows it likely that the face of the Mona Lisa
could be that of the man who painted it I doubt very much that divine
intervention had anything to do with it at all.

I ran over a slug today and the squashed beasies remains looked justlike
the face of JC -- not that there is any image of JC anywhere other than
the usual white bloke that has proved to be very handy to uphold the
idea that blacks are a sub-set of humanity as JC was a total pasty face.

To see the face of a visually unrecorded prophet in/on an object and
declare that that object is now, somehow, sacred is grasping at straws.
But I guess the cult of celebrity started quite some time back.

Christ on a Bike*!!
If there was and if he came back do you think he'd be pleased with all
these so called followers who celebrate his death by wearing ikkle
crosses? The first thing he'd do is get his dad to eradicate all the
moneymen that call themselves 'ministers' as they only minister to thier
own families bank balance and not tend the flock but thier own cock.

*had to be a bike reference somewhere
--

Come to Dave & Boris - your cycle security experts.
Old August 24th 09, 03:30 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

On Aug 24, 5:12*am, Keitht KeithT wrote:
ComandanteBanana wrote:
[...]

Come to Dave & Boris - your cycle security experts.- Hide quoted text -

The cross is to distract attention from the real Jesuses suffering and
dying by many other means (war, hunger, road rage). No, don't look for
Jesus at the cross, look for him riding a bike (suffering) while
trying to save the world (messianism) by personal example.

The rest is BS.

Sorry, BS= Bible Study.
Old September 3rd 09, 08:11 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Luddite Wacko

In article
,
ComandanteBanana wrote:

}If it weren't so far-fetched that Jesus ever came to America,

West Bend Iowa UPI - Less than a week after returning to earth to save
humanity from the forces of darkness, the Way, the Truth and the Light
has once again died. And this time, it looks very unlikely that he might
rise from the dead. This afternoon, as the Son of God was walking
amongst a group of neo-disciples to the Grotto of the Redemption, a
pick-up truck driven by the daughter of a local farmer turned the corner
from 135th St to 10th Ave at a high rate of speed, striking several in
the group.

Five neo-disciples suffered bruises and broken bones, but the Saviour
took the brunt of the impact. The pig-pusher on the front of the pick-up
rent His earthly incarnation into three holy parts, and His skull was
crushed by the right front tire. Ironically, the driver had heard about
the gathering at the Grotto and was hurrying there to get a glimpse of
His divine presence while texting her boyfriend on her cell phone to
inform him of the event.

EMTs arrived on the scene within 5 minutes but spent most of their time
tending to the injured, as Jesus had died on the crosswalk.
Old September 3rd 09, 01:48 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Keitht

Luddite Wacko wrote:
In article
,
ComandanteBanana wrote:

[...]

and his dad said "You back so soon? Thought you'd gone for a holiday."
Jaycee says "Thought things might have changed a bit but the 'followers'
are still the ones I try to run a way from. I mean, do I need reminding
that I was on a bloody cross for days? Then they put me in a hole in the
ground! Not surprising I got up, couldn't sleep a wink on that stone."
"And I'm the one who is supposed to be grateful. me! Tell you what, dad,
got any locusts left from the last time? "
--

Come to Dave & Boris - your cycle security experts.
Old September 3rd 09, 10:29 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

Default Keith T makes fun of Jesus Christ! Is he a Muslim?

"Keitht" KeithT wrote in message
Luddite Wacko wrote:
In article
,
ComandanteBanana wrote:

}If it weren't so far-fetched that Jesus ever came to America, West Bend
[...]

The both of you are going to burn in everlasting hellfire for your
disrespect to Our Savior. We shall see who gets the last laugh!

Saint Edward the Great has informed the Spanish Inquisition of your
heresies. You will be hearing from them shortly.