etiquette?

Old April 20th 10, 12:38 PM posted to aus.bicycle
dim

Default etiquette?

Hi All,

I've frequented what I believe is this group in years gone by, but not
for a number of years. I'm selling my bike, and before posting an ad
and ebay link, wanted to ask for guidance on whether this was
acceptable. Can someone offer such guidance?

Cheers,
Dim
Old April 20th 10, 01:32 PM posted to aus.bicycle
John Tserkezis

dim wrote:

I've frequented what I believe is this group in years gone by, but not
for a number of years. I'm selling my bike, and before posting an ad
and ebay link, wanted to ask for guidance on whether this was
acceptable. Can someone offer such guidance?

Personally, you'll get plonked here.

Basically, if I'm interested in buying, I'll look in the usual
channels. Usenet is not one of those channels.

Besides, I already have four in my stable, and considering my hip
arthritis, I have trouble with all of them.

And yes, diplomacy is not one of my strong points. :-)
Old April 20th 10, 01:49 PM posted to aus.bicycle
theo[_2_]

On Apr 20, 8:32*pm, John Tserkezis
wrote:
dim wrote:
I've frequented what I believe is this group in years gone by, but not
for a number of years. *I'm selling my bike, and before posting an ad
and ebay link, wanted to ask for guidance on whether this was
acceptable. *Can someone offer such guidance?

*Personally, you'll get plonked here.

Only by anal ******s.

Theo

Old April 20th 10, 09:37 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 20 Apr 2010 05:49:38 -0700 (PDT)
theo wrote:
On Apr 20, 7:38?pm, dim wrote:
Hi All,

I've frequented what I believe is this group in years gone by, but not
for a number of years. ?I'm selling my bike, and before posting an ad
and ebay link, wanted to ask for guidance on whether this was
acceptable. ?Can someone offer such guidance?

Go for it.

After all it isn't as if there's heaps of traffic!

So yeah, go for it.

Might also want to find a suitable forum somewhere like
http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/index.php

Zebee
Old April 21st 10, 02:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Claude[_3_]

"dim" wrote in message
Hi All,

I've frequented what I believe is this group in years gone by, but not
for a number of years. I'm selling my bike, and before posting an ad
and ebay link, wanted to ask for guidance on whether this was
acceptable. Can someone offer such guidance?

Cheers,
Dim

Seen plenty of ads here before. The standard etiquette is simply to preface
your title with FS so readers know what's in it.

Old April 21st 10, 04:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tomasso[_6_]

"Claude" wrote in message

"dim" wrote in message
Hi All,

I've frequented what I believe is this group in years gone by, but not
for a number of years. I'm selling my bike, and before posting an ad
and ebay link, wanted to ask for guidance on whether this was
acceptable. Can someone offer such guidance?

Cheers,
Dim

Seen plenty of ads here before. The standard etiquette is simply to preface your title
with FS so readers know what's in it.

And a discount for aus.bicycle readers (excluding anal ******s).

T.

Old April 22nd 10, 02:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter

dim wrote:
Hi All,

I've frequented what I believe is this group in years gone by, but not
for a number of years. I'm selling my bike, and before posting an ad
and ebay link, wanted to ask for guidance on whether this was
acceptable. Can someone offer such guidance?

Cheers,
Dim

You are a marketing genius. We're all eagerly waiting for your ad now to
find out more about the bike
Old April 22nd 10, 10:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble[_3_]

Tomasso wrote:
And a discount for aus.bicycle readers (excluding anal ******s).

Thanks again Theo and Tomasso for that vivid mental image.

BTH

Posted at www.usenet.com.au
Old April 22nd 10, 10:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tomasso[_6_]

BT Humble wrote:
Tomasso wrote:
And a discount for aus.bicycle readers (excluding anal ******s).

Thanks again Theo and Tomasso for that vivid mental image.

BTH

Maybe their seat was stolen. (Arrgh).

Sorry, Tomasso.

Etiquette tedward Unicycling 3 June 9th 06 07:18 AM
Group etiquette again Michael Warner Australia 9 August 8th 05 07:34 AM
LBS etiquette Dej Australia 9 September 30th 04 01:49 AM
Jersey etiquette cheg General 46 July 3rd 04 07:38 PM
OT? Pub etiquette. Simon Mason UK 18 October 3rd 03 06:10 PM