Soft curvaceous lines on cyclists in lycra and other safety matters

Old May 12th 10, 09:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble[_3_]

Default Soft curvaceous lines on cyclists in lycra and other safetymatters

Fred wrote:
Yep me too. Brokenhearted. I've watched them spend hours ponsing round in
front of a mirror, experimenting with make-up, hair dos, clothes, shoes and
god-knows what else - all so men won't notice them. Then we go and ruin it
for them by peeking.

I'm sorry to say that current fashion trends have given me a severe case
of "Cleavage Fatigue".

If I could I'd travel back in time and apologise personally to my
15-year-old self, who would find the idea of such an affliction quite
impossible!

BTH

Posted at www.usenet.com.au
Old May 12th 10, 09:58 AM posted to aus.bicycle
F Murtz[_2_]

Fred wrote:
wrote in message
On May 12, 1:59 pm, wrote:
"Geoff Lock"glock@home wrote
On 6/05/2010 4:27 PM, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
In aus.bicycle on Thu, 06 May 2010 15:49:33 +1000
Geoff Lockglock@home wrote:

The whole point of this post? Soft curvaceous lines on cyclists in
lycra
should come with some indicator so as to disambiguate (?) the owner of
said lines. It is very frustrating for those of us who want to know

Why?

So sad old men can perve without feeling guilty?

As a single guy, it is inevitable that I would sneak in a perve whenever
and wherever I can.

I am probably going about it the wrong way in promoting cycling as a
sport
and activity which can be fun and also be sexy as well.

Tell ya what. Stop being a boring dirty old man and start thinking of
women as people, not as dolls for you to attempt to whack off over.

I apologise unreservedly if I have offended you, Zeebee, as it is not my
intention to treat women wih any form of disrespect.

And the odd perve is certainly not disrespect. It's what makes the world
go
round - and keeps it going round.

Give us poor blokes a break. Let me get this straight. Women dress in
revealing/shape accentuating clothes, wear high heels to show off
their calves and pelvis, wear uplift bras, make-up, and spend a
fortune getting their hair done, so men won't look at them?

Theo
I'm sorry for looking then.

Yep me too. Brokenhearted. I've watched them spend hours ponsing round in
front of a mirror, experimenting with make-up, hair dos, clothes, shoes and
god-knows what else - all so men won't notice them. Then we go and ruin it
for them by peeking.

It depends who the perver is,if it is one of us oldies we are dirty old
men If it is the target audience they are not perves.
Old May 12th 10, 10:22 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 11 May 2010 23:51:58 -0700 (PDT)
theo wrote:

Give us poor blokes a break. Let me get this straight. Women dress in
revealing/shape accentuating clothes, wear high heels to show off
their calves and pelvis, wear uplift bras, make-up, and spend a
fortune getting their hair done, so men won't look at them?

If they do, men call them sluts. If they don't men call them frigid.

But then men can do no wrong. They tell us so.

I doubt anyone with testicles reading this is actually *interested*
in how women think and feel compared to how they look, but just in
case there is a rere one who one prefers to use brains rather than
balls go and investigate the concept of "the male gaze".

SHould you wish to be educated and aware - which I know you don't
Theo, so don't worry you don't have to try - then you could do a
bit more investigation at say http://finallyfeminism101.wordpress.com/

It would be nice to be in a world where a man doens't write a long
screed about how a woman is obviously a worse rider than he is by
his standards but that's OK because she's really only good for
looking at. And where he doesn't feel he has to loudly proclaim
his heterosexuality in case someone might mistake him for someone
effeminate and therefore subhuman.

Because if there was a world like that, there might not be other men
busily proclaiming their male privilege loud and strong and being
offended that someone calls them on it.

BUt I don't live in that world. I live in this one. So I, like all
other women, learn to cope. And to subvert it in whatever way I can
and try and survive in it.

Sometimes I just don't want to have to deal, and I say what I think.
Never gets me anywhere, just as it won't now, as nothing is closer
minded and louder mouthed than a man who feels his God given male
rights to women's bodies are being disrespected.

Don't worry boys, I'll go back to being that safe "bloke" you all feel
comfortable around later.

Zebee
Old May 12th 10, 12:31 PM posted to aus.bicycle
terryc

On Wed, 12 May 2010 08:57:14 +0000, BT Humble wrote:

I'm sorry to say that current fashion trends have given me a severe case
of "Cleavage Fatigue".

Both front and back.

Old May 12th 10, 09:07 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 12/05/2010 7:22 PM, Zebee Johnstone wrote:

It would be nice to be in a world where a man doens't write a long
screed about how a woman is obviously a worse rider than he is by
his standards but that's OK because she's really only good for
looking at.

I hope you are not referring to me when you say that there is "some guy"
who believes a woman is a worse rider than he is. FYI, that particular
rider (gender unknown) did very well in powering away from me to catch
the yellow lights and I languished waaayyy behind. I believe my original
post acknowledged that.

And where he doesn't feel he has to loudly proclaim
his heterosexuality in case someone might mistake him for someone
effeminate and therefore subhuman.

Oblique references to my heterosexuality are to protect my rather
delicate and fragile sense of selfness

Zeebee, just relax, will yer? You must be hanging around with the wrong
kind of crowd to believe that anything said about females is an affront
to their worth. If so, you should realise that for some guys, respectful
and positive comments about the feminine form is an acknowledgement and
a celebration of the important role played by females within our society.

I sometimes wonder if the victimisation of women occurs only within the
minds of those who most vehemently accuse others of the crime, but the
sad reality is that I know I am wrong.

I'm tired of this stupid debate and I rather talk about cycling. You
care to lead?
Old May 12th 10, 09:35 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Fred

"BT Humble" om.au wrote
in message ...
Fred wrote:
Yep me too. Brokenhearted. I've watched them spend hours ponsing round in
front of a mirror, experimenting with make-up, hair dos, clothes, shoes
and
god-knows what else - all so men won't notice them. Then we go and ruin
it
for them by peeking.

I'm sorry to say that current fashion trends have given me a severe case
of "Cleavage Fatigue".

I agree 100%. I'm sure you speak for the vast majority of males.

Old May 12th 10, 11:07 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Steve Ball[_3_]

theo wrote:

Give us poor blokes a break. Let me get this straight. Women dress in
revealing/shape accentuating clothes, wear high heels to show off
their calves and pelvis, wear uplift bras, make-up, and spend a
fortune getting their hair done, so men won't look at them?

If they do, men call them sluts. If they don't men call them frigid.

But then men can do no wrong. They tell us so.

I doubt anyone with testicles reading this is actually *interested*
in how women think and feel compared to how they look, but just in
case there is a rere one who one prefers to use brains rather than
balls go and investigate the concept of "the male gaze".

[snip of more of the same]

I take your point but some women betray you. If women wish not to be judged
as sexual eye-candy but on their abilities, why do female athletes compete
in bikinis or the nearest thing to while male athletes compete in shorts and
T-shirts or singlets? They wear tiny little things that ride up their bum
cracks as they run. This is the case in pretty much all track sports. And
don't get me started on beach volleyball where the bikinis look like they
were made for 7 year-olds.
--
Steve = : ^ )

Old May 13th 10, 06:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle
theo[_2_]

theo wrote:

Give us poor blokes a break. Let me get this straight. Women dress in
revealing/shape accentuating clothes, wear high heels to show off
their calves and pelvis, wear uplift bras, make-up, and spend a
fortune getting their hair done, so men won't look at them?

If they do, men call them sluts. *If they don't men call them frigid.

I strongly disagree Zebee.

But then men can do no wrong. *They tell us so.

Again I disagree. I know men, including myself, have many failings,
and feel insecure. Just like women.

I doubt anyone with testicles reading this is actually *interested*
in how women think and feel compared to how they look, but just in
case there is a rere one who one prefers to use brains rather than
balls go and investigate the concept of "the male gaze".

Sigh.

SHould you *wish to be educated and aware - which I know you don't
Theo, so don't worry you don't have to try - then you could do a
bit more investigation at sayhttp://finallyfeminism101.wordpress.com/

I do wish to be educated and aware Zebee, and I feel your para above
to be quite insulting. I went to the site/blog and read the intro
(whih I found insulting to me personally) and the "gaze" article. What
I read is mostly about deligerate portayal of women as sex objects in
film and advertising. It may surprise you to find that I don't relate
to real women in that way, but I still appreciate a curvaceous shape
without any sexual connotations.

It would be nice to be in a world where a man doens't write a long
screed about how a woman is obviously a worse rider than he is by
his standards but that's OK because she's really only good for
looking at. *And where he doesn't feel he has to loudly proclaim
his heterosexuality in case someone might mistake him for someone
effeminate and therefore subhuman.

I don't believe I live in the world that you think all men live in.

Because if there was a world like that, there might not be other men
busily proclaiming their male privilege loud and strong and being
offended that someone calls them on it.

BUt I don't live in that world. *I live in this one. *So I, like all
other women, learn to cope. *And to subvert it in whatever way I can
and try and survive in it.

Sometimes I just don't want to have to deal, and I say what I think.
Never gets me anywhere, just as it won't now, as nothing is closer
minded and louder mouthed than a man who feels his God given male
rights to women's bodies are being disrespected.

I'm sorry you feel that way Zebee. I certainly did not intend to
disrespect women. You appear to be confusing appreciation with
disrespect. If I look at your Moto Guzzi or your recumbent and say
"that's a lovely bike" I wuld not be accused of disrespect.

Don't worry boys, I'll go back to being that safe "bloke" you all feel
comfortable around later. *

OK Mate.

Theo