Newbie Advice

Old August 16th 03, 01:28 AM
Bill Wheeler

Default Newbie Advice

I was just reading an article on Mountain Bike and this is the best
advice I've ever read.

First, let's get something straight: These are just words! There is no
substitute for the real live thing -- PRACTICE,PRACTICE, PRACTICE.

Peace,
Bill
The mind serves properly as a window glass rather
than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give
:-]
Old August 16th 03, 12:37 PM
Michael Dart

"Bill Wheeler" wrote in message
I was just reading an article on Mountain Bike and this is the best
advice I've ever read.

First, let's get something straight: These are just words! There is no
substitute for the real live thing -- PRACTICE,PRACTICE, PRACTICE.

Directions to Carnegie Hall? ;^)

Note they only used the word three times. I used to have a rule that I'll
try something three times and failure beyond that it's best to save further
attempts for another day. This keeps the frustration factor at a minimum
and the fun factor maximized.

Mike

Old August 16th 03, 01:41 PM

If you lose skills if your off your bike for a week.
Then I'm in big touble. I've been off mine with this snapped in 3
collarbone for 5 weeks today. Will I ride again yes as soon as I'm
able. See you in September when I'm spin- ning once again.

Fire up MTB 03

Old August 16th 03, 10:39 PM
Bran

Merlin spake thusly on or about Sat, 16 Aug 2003
20:11:24 UTC

- let me re-phrase, you don't lose the skills, you simply are not tuned
- into them, so you may inconveniently draw a blank when the need arises.
- takes a few rides to be back "in tune".
-
- that's mainly in my experience though, no idea of others relation to
- this issue.
-

I found that today. Now it may have had something to do with the 37 C and
being near the 20 Km mark of my first real ride in three weeks but I found
my self looking back and forth between the two rocks I wanted to miss
instead of the 4" gap between them i wanted to ride through....

bit rougher than usual but I made it and now can wait for evenings and or
cooler weather.

--
I hurt before the ride so fibro gives me a head
start on the rest of the pack. silver lining?

Old August 17th 03, 03:57 AM
sam

"Merlin" wrote in message
. ..

You are a pathetic loser!

Old August 17th 03, 10:49 AM
sam

"Merlin" wrote in message relation to the entire
thread, nor am i the one shooting blanks with old
and tired insults.

better luck next time. ;-)
--
~Travis

http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

BBBBWWWHHHHHAAAA!!!!!!

Old August 17th 03, 03:57 PM
Kathleen

Travis clutched his fat yellow crayon in his chubby, sweaty fist, stuck
his tongue between his teeth, squinted one eye shut and scrawled:
snip

(yes, i realize it is only
short because it gets mowed. just ignore that detail and move on
kathleen)

Ya know, *I* believe you when you say you lose your skills after only a
week off your bike. Obviously you're not only a slow learner, but a
fast forgetter. Did your mama have to lock you out of the kitchen to
keep you from touching the stove over and over again?

Here's another freebie for you. Think back to the days when reality was
malleable - back when you believed that shutting your eyes made you
invisible. For most of us, that'd be a long time ago - about age three,
on the average. For you, it was probably just before your last dose of
medication.

Anyway, there's a way you can achieve the same effect right here in
am-b. I'd have thought you'd have figured it out by now, but since you
haven't, I'll spell it out for you:

If you don't reply to my posts, if you refrain from mentioning my
name.... YOU BECOME EFFECTIVELY INVISIBLE TO ME!!! If you don't talk
*to* me or *about* me, you can expect the same courtesy. But if you
insist on following me around drooling on my shoes you're bound to get
kicked.

Kathleen

Old August 17th 03, 06:15 PM
JD

Kathleen wrote in message ...
snip more hilarity
If you don't reply to my posts, if you refrain from mentioning my
name.... YOU BECOME EFFECTIVELY INVISIBLE TO ME!!! If you don't talk
*to* me or *about* me, you can expect the same courtesy. But if you
insist on following me around drooling on my shoes you're bound to get
kicked.

Some dogs never learn though Kathleen, especially the most stupid of
the leg humpers. I find it amusing that travisty placed himself into
that class just as readily as the other cuff starchers of AM-B did.

JD
Old August 17th 03, 09:01 PM
samian

"Merlin" wrote in message
. ..

you will remain in my killfile as i have better things to do.
--
~Travis

http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

BWWAAAAHHAAA!!!!

You told her Psycho

General advice please (UK) David General 5 June 25th 04 02:59 AM
Beginner seeking advice Joe S. General 5 October 13th 03 10:57 PM
Need advice about a used bike! Adam Mountain Biking 1 August 14th 03 12:12 AM
Newbie Needs Advice - - Wallymart Rack bike, Mongoose XR-100, Schwin Alum. Comp, or Schwin S-30 [email protected] Mountain Biking 10 July 23rd 03 04:08 AM
500-750 US dollars to spend, purchasing advice sought (im newbie) Robb Spring Mountain Biking 7 July 21st 03 03:16 PM