Indiana-Kentucky bridge crossings?

Old February 5th 05, 01:29 AM
Mark Leuck

Default Indiana-Kentucky bridge crossings?

Its been ages since I took the US41 bridge (in a car) so I couldn't say
however it would appear the US231 route wouldn't be as bad traffic-wise

Go a little farther east and you have another crossing at Cannelton

"Mike Rice" wrote in message
news
I'm planning my first solo tour for late summer, from my home in
Lafayette, Indiana 250 miles or so south into west central Kentucky
and back, spending the Labor day weekend with friends there.

Just wondering what the bridge access is like crossing into Owensboro
(I believe US 231?) vs going from Evansville IN via US 41? The former
would be my most direct route, although I'm considering a loop where I
would use the Evansville route on the way home.

Mike Rice (black Tour Easy)

Old February 8th 05, 02:06 AM
John Knez

Mike Rice wrote:
I'm planning my first solo tour for late summer, from my home in
Lafayette, Indiana 250 miles or so south into west central Kentucky
and back, spending the Labor day weekend with friends there.

Just wondering what the bridge access is like crossing into Owensboro
(I believe US 231?) vs going from Evansville IN via US 41? The former
would be my most direct route, although I'm considering a loop where I
would use the Evansville route on the way home.

Mike Rice (black Tour Easy)

You might want to post this in rec.bicycles.rides. It's a good
newsgroup if you are into bicycle touring.

---
John Knez
Old February 10th 05, 01:52 PM
Emil

Go to http://www.in.gov/isp/ for road and weather information from the
Indiana State Police.
I am sure they will help you.

--
Emil Luca

"Mike Rice" wrote in message
On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 02:06:30 GMT, John Knez
wrote:

Mike Rice wrote:
I'm planning my first solo tour for late summer, from my home in
Lafayette, Indiana 250 miles or so south into west central Kentucky
and back, spending the Labor day weekend with friends there.

Just wondering what the bridge access is like crossing into Owensboro
(I believe US 231?) vs going from Evansville IN via US 41? The former
would be my most direct route, although I'm considering a loop where I
would use the Evansville route on the way home.

Mike Rice (black Tour Easy)

You might want to post this in rec.bicycles.rides. It's a good
newsgroup if you are into bicycle touring.

---
John Knez

Thaks John. I'll check over there for tips. I'll likely take the 231
bridge, unless I decide to head to mammoth cave before heading toward
the ancestral home near Central City, KY. Then I may check out the
smaller bridge by Cannelton.

Mike

Highgate Bridge Colin Blackburn UK 14 July 15th 04 08:43 PM
Gipps St Bridge proposed work/consultation flyingdutch Australia 3 June 6th 04 03:44 AM
incident on blackfriars bridge davek UK 46 May 20th 04 08:14 PM
A bridge too far? Mikefule Unicycling 3 August 22nd 03 05:56 PM