Bianchi are appaling and last 365 days

Old September 21st 03, 11:18 PM
TritonRider

Default Bianchi's are a fine brand and I love them

From: h squared

a few years back, when i was shopping for a bike, i told the sales
person- "i want a bike that isn't going to crack after only a year or
two." he replied, "that doesn't happen with any bike."

i didn't buy anything from him.

Dumbass -

He was being honest with you.

sorry, i can never write what i mean. he was telling me that frames
never crack, and that i could buy any bike without worrying about it..
what i said is "i want a bike that isn't going to break, and i've heard
that some kinds/styles are more prone to it then others." and he said,
"no, that doesn't happen, buy whatever you want"

i don't hold it against him. i think it may have been his first job ever...
h the dumbass

Congrats for asking the tough questions. You are the one spending the money,
ask the questions, if you're not comfortable go somewhere else. Sounds like
just what you did. Good call.
Bill C
Old September 21st 03, 11:46 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

"h squared" wrote in message

Dumbass -

He was being honest with you.

sorry, i can never write what i mean. he was telling me that frames
never crack, and that i could buy any bike without worrying about it..
what i said is "i want a bike that isn't going to break, and i've heard
that some kinds/styles are more prone to it then others." and he said,
"no, that doesn't happen, buy whatever you want"

i don't hold it against him. i think it may have been his first job ever...
h the dumbass

Dumbass -

You should hold it against the dumbass salesman. It's his job to know basic
information like that.

Old September 21st 03, 11:50 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

Default Bianchi are appaling and last 365 days

"Bob Schwartz" wrote in message
In seeking to be linguistically enhanced rather than impaired
I've attempted to find some simple phrases in Dutch that I
think might be useful to the debate. I'm still looking for a Dutch
equivalent to 'dumbass', but I think 'galbak' applies in this
instance. For example, 'Justin is een galbak', meaning he is a
whiner or always complaining.

'Johny' is used to describe a male with below average intelligence,
but I don't think it is quite on the same level as 'dumbass'.

Just trying to be helpful and inclusive,

Dumbass -

That is a good idea. Perhaps Ewoud can help (since he refuses to give Bruce
J. LvM stalking information).

As an aside, I used to try to know the equivalent of the word pussy in as
many languages as possible and your post gave rise to the thought of
replacing that quest with the quest for the word dumbass. It would be more
acceptable to my friends with children.

Old September 21st 03, 11:54 PM
Jeff Jones

"Bob Schwartz" wrote in message
In seeking to be linguistically enhanced rather than impaired
I've attempted to find some simple phrases in Dutch that I
think might be useful to the debate. I'm still looking for a Dutch
equivalent to 'dumbass', but I think 'galbak' applies in this
instance. For example, 'Justin is een galbak', meaning he is a
whiner or always complaining.

'Johny' is used to describe a male with below average intelligence,
but I don't think it is quite on the same level as 'dumbass'.

How about "stommeling/stommerd" ?

Jeff

Old September 22nd 03, 12:23 AM
Ewoud Dronkert

Bob Schwartz wrote:
still looking for a Dutch equivalent to 'dumbass'

Galbak is more a despicable worthless person, or chagrin, not a dumbass
necessarily. Still, it might have the desired effect. Try also

domoor (rather friendly)
dommerik
onbenul (somewhat friendly; stronger: stuk onbenul)
onnozelaar (friendly; southern dialect)
sufferd
ezel (somewhat archaic, what Günter said to Ross)
dwaas
idioot
oen
achterlijke gladiool (Utrecht dialect)
krotekoker (Rotterdam dialect)
stommeling
oelewapper
druiloor
bal gehakt
oliebol
knurft
mongool
eikel (elab.: domme eikel; stronger: stomme eikel)
prutser (very much in fashion last few years)
mafkees (rather friendly)
gekke henkie (friendly mad version of dumb)
debiel (stronger: randdebiel)
droplul
domme lul
zak hooi
zakkewasser
sufkut (only female)
huppelkutje (only female; airhead version of dumb)
hersenloze zaadcel
kloothommel
drollebak
natte wind
stom stuk vreten (even stronger: stom stuk stront)
zeiksnor (annoying version of dumb)
boerenkarhengst (rude version of dumb)
geitebreier (naive idealist version of dumb)
mafketel (weird version of dumb)
guppekop (deranged version of dumb)
badmuts
stoethaspel (clumsy version of dumb)

Source: H. Heestermans - "Luilebol! Het Nederlands scheldwoordenboek"

Old September 22nd 03, 12:35 AM
gwhite

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

"h squared" wrote in message

Dumbass -

He was being honest with you.

sorry, i can never write what i mean. he was telling me that frames
never crack, and that i could buy any bike without worrying about it..
what i said is "i want a bike that isn't going to break, and i've heard
that some kinds/styles are more prone to it then others." and he said,
"no, that doesn't happen, buy whatever you want"

i don't hold it against him. i think it may have been his first job ever...
h the dumbass

Dumbass -

You should hold it against the dumbass salesman. It's his job to know basic
information like that.

Dumbass,

That's why she said: "i didn't buy anything from him."
Old September 22nd 03, 06:29 AM
Robert Chung

h squared wrote:

i feel a little sorry for him.

Heather, you're too good. I feel sorry for the guy at the bike shop.

Old September 22nd 03, 07:24 AM
Kyle Legate

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:

Galbak is more a despicable worthless person, or chagrin, not a
dumbass necessarily. Still, it might have the desired effect. Try also

domoor (rather friendly)

snip

You guys have nearly as many words expressing stupidity as the Inuit have
for snow. Is this saying something?

Old September 22nd 03, 10:44 AM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 06:24:19 GMT, Kyle Legate wrote:
You guys have nearly as many words expressing stupidity as the Inuit
have for snow. Is this saying something?

Holland is a small country. Almost everywhere you go is abroad.
Old September 22nd 03, 11:10 AM
Van Hoorebeeck Bart

nice list.

But my spontaneous word was 'dommekloot', which is pretty close to the
English word.