Like-a-bike only cheaper

Old June 10th 05, 11:46 AM
wafflycat

Default Like-a-bike only cheaper

Lidl special on Thursday 16th June.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/index.nsf/p...oden_Push_Bike

Cheers, helen s

Old June 10th 05, 12:25 PM
MartinM

wafflycat wrote:
Lidl special on Thursday 16th June.

What do you expect from the people who brought you the autobahn and the
Volkswagen? ;-)

Old June 10th 05, 01:34 PM
Michael MacClancy

On 10 Jun 2005 04:25:26 -0700, MartinM wrote:

wafflycat wrote:
Lidl special on Thursday 16th June.

What do you expect from the people who brought you the autobahn and the
Volkswagen? ;-)

I'm sure there's a joke in that comment somewhere but I can't find it for
the life of me.
--
Michael MacClancy
Old June 10th 05, 03:08 PM
MartinM

wafflycat wrote:
Lidl special on Thursday 16th June.

What do you expect from the people who brought you the autobahn and the
Volkswagen? ;-)

I'm sure there's a joke in that comment somewhere but I can't find it for
the life of me.

well it was supposed to show that a car-obsessed nation would make a
bike that was no use. However it appears that it is a Good Thing, and
at sunstantially cheaper than the real thing even better. IGMC

Old June 10th 05, 03:59 PM
Michael MacClancy

wafflycat wrote:
Lidl special on Thursday 16th June.

What do you expect from the people who brought you the autobahn and the
Volkswagen? ;-)

I'm sure there's a joke in that comment somewhere but I can't find it for
the life of me.

well it was supposed to show that a car-obsessed nation would make a
bike that was no use. However it appears that it is a Good Thing, and
at sunstantially cheaper than the real thing even better. IGMC

Well, it may be car obsessed in many respects but I think you'll find that
there are many more utility and occasional cyclists in Germany than in the
UK. The cycling infrastructure has been much better in Germany for many
years and they actually have multi-modal public transport systems that work
and aren't very expensive.

I thought your quip was meant to suggest a link between Lidl and the Nazi
Party. It was, after all, Hitler who built the first autobahns and
encouraged the development of VW, wasn't it? I'm sure that Lidl didn't
appear on the scene until after WW2.
--
Michael MacClancy
Old June 10th 05, 05:30 PM
MartinM

Michael MacClancy wrote:
On 10 Jun 2005 07:08:34 -0700, MartinM wrote:

I thought your quip was meant to suggest a link between Lidl and the Nazi
Party.

Absolutely not, my mum was born in Dortmund and contrary to the
stories about the new Pope they really did send the boys round if you
missed a week of the Hitler youth. It was a time of fear for all those
not in the party.

Old June 11th 05, 12:42 AM
OG

wafflycat wrote:
Lidl special on Thursday 16th June.

What do you expect from the people who brought you the autobahn and

the
Volkswagen? ;-)

I'm sure there's a joke in that comment somewhere but I can't find it

for
the life of me.

something like
"Well, I'd expect a 1000 year warrany at least" might have been
marginally amusing, but I understand if some people find it less than
funny!

Old June 16th 05, 08:36 PM
LSMike

"Danny Colyer" wrote in message
wafflycat wrote:
Lidl special on Thursday 16th June.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/index.nsf/p...oden_Push_Bike

Thanks Helen, DW went and bought one this afternoon (if anyone in the
Bristol area wants to pick one up, apparently the Emersons Green branch is
very well stocked).

We were thinking of putting it away for Christmas, but Jenny is very
clearly ready for it now. We'll let her play with it at the weekend.

The biggest challenge in putting it together was pumping up the tyres. The
valve stem is in a tiny space - I had to find an old pump with a screw-on
hose attachment, and I don't think I got close to the 35psi that the tyres
are rated for. They should be OK, though.

URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/

Picked one up this afternoon too, Jan has already been riding it and loves
it. Thank you Helen!

I had the same problem as you, Danny. Eventually resorted to a CO2
microflater, oops! My 3 year old has already had his first crash on it,
btw.

Old June 16th 05, 11:06 PM
wafflycat

"Danny Colyer" wrote in message

Thanks Helen, DW went and bought one this afternoon (if anyone in the
Bristol area wants to pick one up, apparently the Emersons Green branch is
very well stocked).

Glad to be of service :-)

On the way back from Nathan cycling this evening, noticed my local Lidl has
signs up about a cycling weekend. Not this weekend but the following... will
investigate further tomorrow!

Cheers, helen s

Old June 16th 05, 11:07 PM
wafflycat

"LSMike" wrote in message

Picked one up this afternoon too, Jan has already been riding it and loves
it. Thank you Helen!

Cor! You are also most welcome. Glad to be of service!

Cheers, helen s

I had the same problem as you, Danny. Eventually resorted to a CO2
microflater, oops! My 3 year old has already had his first crash on it,
btw.

Evaulating a bike Paul Cassel Techniques 96 August 22nd 05 11:45 PM
My New Bike brucianna General 6 June 8th 05 08:45 AM
Windosr Tourist Bike Revisiited Earl Bollinger General 16 February 13th 05 08:04 PM
Street Bike Devlin UK 44 March 17th 04 10:28 AM
Who is going to Interbike? Bruce Gilbert Techniques 2 October 10th 03 09:26 PM