Cone wrench size for Campy Mirage hub

Old August 12th 06, 12:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill

Default Cone wrench size for Campy Mirage hub

I want to service the front hub on my bike, it's a 1999
Campy Mirage. What size cone wrench do I need?

Thanks.

Old August 12th 06, 12:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
suipedali

Hi Bill. My first post on here so here goes. Off the top of my head I
think you will need either a 14mm or 15mm cone spanner.

Old August 12th 06, 01:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Bill wrote:
I want to service the front hub on my bike, it's a 1999
Campy Mirage. What size cone wrench do I need?

Thanks.

My mirage hubs are 13.

Andres

Old August 12th 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Earl Bollinger

Do you have a metric ruler? It is easy enough to measure the nuts across the
flats, flat to flat..
Most of the time it seems that they use a 13mm nut on the front and a 15mm
nut on the rear.
So if you got a set of cone wrenches you are in business, but a minimal set
of 13, 14, and 15mm wrenches covers most purposes.
Sometimes they get creative and use two different sized nuts, with the lock
nut being a different size.
But I bought the more or less full set from 13mm to 19mm, as you never know
what you might need it for.

Old August 12th 06, 01:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

Bill wrote:
I want to service the front hub on my bike, it's a 1999
Campy Mirage. What size cone wrench do I need?

Thanks.

13mm-