my parents are okay (hurricaine)

Old September 18th 03, 10:17 PM
Monique Y. Herman

Default my parents are okay (hurricaine)

My parents called me from their home in Swansboro, NC. I think they
said the storm made landfall about 60 miles from there ... anyway, a few
downed trees, but otherwise, all is well, and they still have power.
(I'm thinking they may lose power later on, anyway, as other areas get
hit.) I guess their decision not to evacuate turned out okay.

--
monique

My pointless ramblings:
http://www.bounceswoosh.org/phorum/index.php?f=6
Old September 18th 03, 11:33 PM
P e t e F a g e r l i n

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 21:17:01 -0000, "Monique Y. Herman"
wrote:

My parents called me from their home in Swansboro, NC. I think they
said the storm made landfall about 60 miles from there ... anyway, a

few
downed trees, but otherwise, all is well, and they still have power.
(I'm thinking they may lose power later on, anyway, as other areas

get
hit.) I guess their decision not to evacuate turned out okay.

My dog is sleeping right now.

My cat died two years ago.

Old September 18th 03, 11:42 PM
MrSlantEye

Monique Y. Herman wrote:
My parents called me from their home in Swansboro, NC. I think they
said the storm made landfall about 60 miles from there ... anyway, a few
downed trees, but otherwise, all is well, and they still have power.
(I'm thinking they may lose power later on, anyway, as other areas get
hit.) I guess their decision not to evacuate turned out okay.

#define Monique Strange

Old September 18th 03, 11:43 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:33:10 -0700, P e t e F a g e r l i n penned:
wrote:

My parents called me from their home in Swansboro, NC. I think they
said the storm made landfall about 60 miles from there ... anyway, a

few
downed trees, but otherwise, all is well, and they still have power.
(I'm thinking they may lose power later on, anyway, as other areas

get
hit.) I guess their decision not to evacuate turned out okay.

My dog is sleeping right now.

My cat died two years ago.

Bah!
I'd mentioned they were in coastal NC, choosing not to evacuate. I
thought some folks would like to know they're fine. If not, use the
circular file. Much less effort than typing a response ... though
conceivably less fun.

--
monique "my cat is probably doing horrible things to the blinds"

Old September 18th 03, 11:52 PM
deluxe

wrote:

My parents called me from their home in Swansboro, NC. I think they
said the storm made landfall about 60 miles from there ... anyway, a

few
downed trees, but otherwise, all is well, and they still have power.
(I'm thinking they may lose power later on, anyway, as other areas

get
hit.) I guess their decision not to evacuate turned out okay.

My dog is sleeping right now.

My cat died two years ago.

Bah!
I'd mentioned they were in coastal NC, choosing not to evacuate. I
thought some folks would like to know they're fine. If not, use the
circular file. Much less effort than typing a response ... though
conceivably less fun.

You're running Linux, right? Ping his IP for the next six hours and freak
out his firewall.

Old September 18th 03, 11:58 PM
P e t e F a g e r l i n

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:52:23 -0500, "deluxe"
wrote:

You're running Linux, right? Ping his IP for the next six hours and

freak
out his firewall.

Maybe the alt.os.geek newsgroup would find that funny but that kind of
lame **** doesn't work here.

Old September 19th 03, 12:35 AM
deluxe

news
wrote:

You're running Linux, right? Ping his IP for the next six hours and

freak
out his firewall.

Maybe the alt.os.geek newsgroup would find that funny but that kind of
lame **** doesn't work here.

Lame enough to get a response out of your sorry ass.

Would you like to see some nice cat recipes?

Old September 19th 03, 01:25 AM
P e t e F a g e r l i n

wrote:

You're running Linux, right? Ping his IP for the next six hours

and
freak
out his firewall.

Maybe the alt.os.geek newsgroup would find that funny but that kind

of
lame **** doesn't work here.

Lame enough to get a response out of your sorry ass.

Just because you got a response doesn't mean it was funny chatterbox.
See previous post.

Would you like to see some nice cat recipes?

Sure thing. I have lots of them piling up and I'm always looking for
new recipes.

Even if they are from lame sources.

http://home.pacbell.net/psf0/catsncans.jpg

Old September 19th 03, 01:36 AM
deluxe

wrote:

You're running Linux, right? Ping his IP for the next six hours

and
freak
out his firewall.

Maybe the alt.os.geek newsgroup would find that funny but that kind

of
lame **** doesn't work here.

Lame enough to get a response out of your sorry ass.

Just because you got a response doesn't mean it was funny chatterbox.
See previous post.

Yet you feel the need to explain this...

Would you like to see some nice cat recipes?

Sure thing. I have lots of them piling up and I'm always looking for
new recipes.

Try alt.cats. A pal has been posting tons of them.

Even if they are from lame sources.

http://home.pacbell.net/psf0/catsncans.jpg

Good! You're well stocked!

Old September 19th 03, 02:02 AM
Stephen Baker

Monique says:

My parents called me from their home in Swansboro, NC.

Good to hear.

Steve "my dog's asleep right now, too, but the cat's still alive..."