Video teasers for our movie (with Tony!)...

Old February 26th 04, 01:29 PM
andrew_carter

Default Video teasers for our movie (with Tony!)...

Hey Tony, I have several gigabytes of video of you on my computer.
Are you scared?

I've transferred about half each of two 80 minute tapes onto the
computer. I've just made a few little teasers with Windows Movie Maker
(so they're very very basic and poor quality) and put them in the album
at www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuu61 . I would have made better
quality ones but I couldn't find the DivX codec in VirtualDub. Any
tips?

They're a little strange without any music but then again you do get to
hear Tony dancing and celebrating after cleaning the chute on Number 9.

Anyway it's a little taste of what's in our movie. I've got another
tape at home that I haven't put onto the computer. This afternoon I
used up about 14 minutes of tape recording rolling see-saw attempts
(which you can see in one of the teasers) and I'll use about 40 seconds
of it!

So yeh, enjoy the teasers. Tony does some great stuff in them! I'm
glad I got the chance to film lots of him.

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuv48

I'm putting them on now so eventually, within 5 minutes or so, there
will be 5 teasers.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
New photos added 16/02 - http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuu61

Old February 26th 04, 02:40 PM
GILD

andrew_carter wrote:
*I'm putting them on now so eventually, within 5 minutes or so, there
will be 5 teasers.*

that was fun
i was watching them at just about the same rate u were uploading them
everytime after i watrched one, i'd refresh the gallery page and a new
teaser would pop up

some fun stuff in there

but the last one, 'outside my house' contains without a question of a
doubt the Suicide Mount to end all Suicide Mounts
WOW!

i couldn't tell who landed it, but complete and total, absolute,
sepulchral, wall-to-wall RESPEKT!

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser

'They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
' (http://www.soaw.org/new/newswire_detail.php?id=413)'[image:
http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/sp/84255.gif]'
(http://tinyurl.com/ywxgb)

Namaste!
Dave

Old February 26th 04, 03:13 PM
tortoise

Wow, I'm in awe. You guys are quite good. Gives me some good things to
shoot for.

--
tortoise
tortoise's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/929

Old February 27th 04, 01:22 AM
andrew_carter

Thanks (it was my...Tony didn't get a chance to try it). There's a Tony
trailer up now.

Andrew

Old February 27th 04, 02:05 AM
sabin_a.

Thoes were some very good clips, I enjoyed the rail riding the most.
That suicide mount was pretty crazy too. Keep up the good riding!

-Sabin

--
sabin_a. - Semi Expert

"Is it possible to microwave a burrito so hot that god himself could not
eat it?"
sabin_a.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4457

Old February 27th 04, 02:42 AM
andrew_carter

I enjoyed doing the rail riding the most.

Old February 27th 04, 03:30 AM
Robbie

Good work Andrew! I'm sort of annoyed today because I keep coming on,
checking to see your on MSN and see that your last post was just half an
hour ago and that I've missed you. Then I leave and check back in an
hour and it seems like you posted another half hour ago!

--
Robbie - Spoons Taste Good

Proud owner of 3 young Sock Puppets... but when they get out of line, I
get out my whacking spoon.
Robbie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5302

Old February 27th 04, 03:46 AM
TonyMelton

Hey nice riding Andrew! Boy you're getting good at riding skinnies!

Cripes gigs of me - I could be appearing in your gallery for years to
come!

I like the look of that Dino's track and all of Gecko's crashes. Who
filmed the opening shots of that clip - they're good! Gecko I guess?

I hope you're not going to include all the best bits in 'teasers' before
the actual movie is finished. (Like the massive hype that came with the
movie Independance Day - most, if not all the good scenes everyone had
already seen before the movie was even showing in theatres. The movie
turned out to be a bit of a disappointment because of this.)

L8er

TonyMelton - Up, up and awaaaay!

New freestyle videos added to 'Tony's Photos'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albur10) on 25th Feb! Check 'em oot!
TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

Old February 27th 04, 05:18 AM
andrew_carter

Who filmed the opening shots of that clip - they're good! Gecko I
guess?

Yes it was Gecko...and they are great.

It's hard not to put the good stuff in. It's just sitting there on
the computer. But yes, good point.

I noticed something though, especially in muni the terrain looks so much
harder when you watch it in high res because you can see all the little
bumps and there's more depths and so on.

Andrew

Old February 27th 04, 06:22 AM
pete66

Tony's right, you're gettin really good at skinnies. I liked that moving
seesaw thing too.

I watched that bit at the end of "Teaser_Miscellaneous_Stuff" several
times, did you reverse that video or were you really riding that skinny
backwards?! Impressive stuff (either way).

Are you very good at stillstands? I'm just trying to figure if there's
much of a connection between the skills you need to do stillstands and
the skills to ride skinni (plural). Do you know what IUF level you're
at?

Cheers
Fair dinkum mate
Pete

--
pete66 - Level 4 Unicyclist
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

Teasers from my big movie... andrew_carter Unicycling 20 February 15th 04 06:51 AM
Galibier ride video roadswag Racing 0 February 13th 04 10:29 PM
video producer seeking bicycle stunt riders for how-to video production David Welch General 0 February 5th 04 11:30 PM
Video producer seeking bicycle mechanic for how-to video production David Welch General 0 February 5th 04 11:30 PM
Need Video Advice zach_jucha Unicycling 4 September 26th 03 09:36 PM