Bike Hiker Trip Report

Old December 1st 03, 07:30 PM
Jim

Default Bike Hiker Trip Report

Bike Hiker Trip Report

Thanksgiving Day

I got interested in the bike hiker backpack when I saw the guy who
invented it at Interbike this year. The backpack that this guy
invented can hold any bicycle you want to put on it. After interbike
I called him up and asked if I could field-test it for him. The guy
said sure but I had to wait because he had his prototypes out to a few
guys around the country. He finally got one back the day before
thanksgiving and called me. I picked it up from him that evening.
Today I took the thing out to a canyon I always wanted to hike but was
too lazy. I always wanted to scout out the cliffs that are all over
Mount Potosi in Vegas. I took the pack out to Cottonwood (which is in
the foothills of Potosi) and started riding with the pack on my back.
I headed up the trail towards the cliffs and when the trail petered
out I mounted my hard tail Cannondale on the pack and hiked up towards
the limestone cliffs all over Potosi. I hiked for about 3 hours off
trail and picked up a dirt road that was on the other side of Potosi.
At this point I took my bike off the pack put it back together and
started descending. The descent took me down a dirt road I never
been on before then to the red valley descent in the back of
Cottonwood. What a blast! I rode the bike for about 30 minutes to
get to where the trail petered out and then packed the bike for about
3 hours. To finish off I got in an hour and a half ride back to the
car. Now I don't have to feel guilty about eating everything in sight
today for Thanksgiving. Happy Turkey Day and you might want to check
this guys website out. It's www.bikehiker.com. He says they are
going to start selling these things in the spring.
Old December 2nd 03, 05:24 AM
JD

(Jim) wrote in message om...
Bike Hiker Trip Report

snip obvious spam

Well done, "Jim". Thinly veiled spam always tastes better.

JD
Old December 3rd 03, 04:43 AM
Derek

Guess they're not interested in selling these. Their web page actually
ASKS for an email address before it shows ANYTHING. As if.