Crash!!!

Old July 14th 03, 03:49 PM
Erik van Leeuwen

Default Crash!!!

Crash Beloki, Armstrong Crosscountry. gosh! Beloki out I guess.
Vino wins?

Old July 14th 03, 03:52 PM
Runamukluks

What a shame for Beloki!!
Old July 14th 03, 03:53 PM
Erik van Leeuwen

Igor GdG crashing in Germany, Beloki in Gap.. what a drama for ONCE.
Armstrong avoiding a crash was brilliant, going cross country never seen
before. Tyler asked Lance if he was okay.
Beloki looks bad, teammates are with him.
Vino wins. Bettini wins sprint for 2nd place.
What a dramatic day.

Erik

Old July 14th 03, 03:56 PM
Lantern Rouge

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:52:43 +0000, Runamukluks wrote:

What a shame for Beloki!!

Yes, agreed. What a sour note to go out on....

Old July 14th 03, 04:00 PM
David N. Welton

Yep, they are hauling Beloki away in the ambulance. A real pity:-(

--
David N. Welton
Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/
Old July 14th 03, 04:00 PM
Erik van Leeuwen

Definitely out now... he's brought to hospital in an ambulance. Damn, he
looked good today, but took a bit too much risk in the dangerous descent.
Braking too late and slipping left and right.
Lance has mountainbike experience?

news

Old July 14th 03, 04:01 PM
Peter Stone

"Runamukluks" wrote in message
What a shame for Beloki!!

I was thinking this is probably the best tour I've ever seen on TV. Then
*this* happened. Recover well. Joseba.

Old July 14th 03, 04:04 PM
David N. Welton

They are talking about a fractured pelvis for Beloki. Bad stuff.

Old July 14th 03, 04:06 PM
Runamukluks

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:52:43 +0000, Runamukluks wrote:

What a shame for Beloki!!

Yes, agreed. What a sour note to go out on....

I cringe evertime I see that crash! How horrible. You could hear Beloki
wailing! Lance's reflex action in that crash was brilliant as usual. He amazes
me more and more everyday. Hope he's not penalized for the shortcut.
Old July 14th 03, 04:11 PM
Mathias De Belder

Erik van Leeuwen wrote:
Lance has mountainbike experience?

He does. He was a mountainbiker once. He even won a mountainbike race
this winter in the US, IIRC.