Muni in South Africa

Old December 4th 08, 09:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jogglingflurpy

Default Muni in South Africa

We had a wonderful Muni weekend at Grabouw, near Cape Town, about 2
weeks ago.

Here is a nice vid of 11 unicyclists having fun.

Thanks to Ruan,DeWet and who I think made and did the editing, and
Justin for his camera work.
Keep in mind - al video was filmed either from a stationary position or
from someone on a Uni.
Here is the link:
YouTube - EMEW 2008
V01
Please rate it.

--
jogglingflurpy
Old December 5th 08, 02:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
scoope

Looks like everyone was having fun! That definitely came over in the
video.

The UPDs were very entertaining as well. It was nice to see the
successful downhills followed by the "practice" sessions. ;-)

Good video.

I have a quick question - what were the Munis that were being ridden
and their wheel sizes?

--
scoope
Old December 5th 08, 02:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
WOFT

scoope;1143538 wrote:
Looks like everyone was having fun! That definitely came over in the
video.

The UPDs were very entertaining as well. It was nice to see the
successful downhills followed by the "practice" sessions. ;-)

Good video.

I have a quick question - what were the Munis that were being ridden
and their wheel sizes?

Glad you enjoyed it. We certainly had a great time!

There were Qu-ax muni, Qu-ax cross and KH 24's, and there was 1 Koxx-1
26inch trackmonster. I ride a qu-ax muni, but am seriously interested in
the trackmonster. but there are plenty 24 vs 26inch threads

--
WOFT

'n Boer maak 'n plan.
Old December 5th 08, 02:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joemarshall

That looks pretty fun. Good to see an interesting looking muni video,
and looks like a nice place to ride.

Was all the moving footage off unicycles? There was a bit through the
woods that looked pretty crazy to be riding off the side of the trail,
and one bit filming from in front of a rider must have been fun to film.
Did the camera get dropped much? It'd must be way cool to have someone
that good at filming come along on a ride.

Nice music by the way.

Joe

--
joemarshall

' old pics' (http://tinyurl.com/56yl2f) 'new zealand pics'
(http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o...rshall_photos/) 'new pics'
(http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/joemarshall.org.uk)
'Where have I been riding? (GPS) ' (http://tinyurl.com/6fxw5x)
Old December 5th 08, 02:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
WOFT

joemarshall;1143547 wrote:

Was all the moving footage off unicycles? There was a bit through the
woods that looked pretty crazy to be riding off the side of the trail,
and one bit filming from in front of a rider must have been fun to film.
Did the camera get dropped much? It'd must be way cool to have someone
that good at filming come along on a ride.

I think most of the moving footage was filmed on uni by Ruan (riding
the 26 inch trackmonster). He rides really smoothly with the camera at
any speed. the shot in front of the rider was interesting - Ruans face
was nearly touching the ground, but he still rode fast and smooth. Many
of us want to be like him

I don't think the camera was dropped at all. I don't even remember any
"close calls".

--
WOFT

'n Boer maak 'n plan.
Old December 8th 08, 03:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicorn

Very cool Video! Nicely done and some good riding to boot!

I am surprised that you were able to get so many riders together at
once in South Africa! I have yet to get more than 5 muni riders together
here in Israel. How many ard core muni riders do you have in the Cape
Town area?

I was in Cape Town and the surrounding area 5 years ago and absolutely
loved it!

Unicorn

--
Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!

'The Unicycling Commune' (http://tinyurl.com/3xkd8d)
Old December 9th 08, 09:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
JohnnyReggae

Our group in Cape Town is growing ... slowly .. but getting there. For
the EMEW event some guys came down from Johannesburg and Pretoria. The
weekend was absolutely awesome, and was great riding with other people
as well.

As for the guys in Cape Town, we mostly ride MUni. The is some interest
in Trials with WOFT being the best at trials in CT, then again he is
also the best at MUni

Check out our website which has it's own forum on which we use to
arrange rides etc... 'http://www.amaonetya.co.za'
(http://www.amaonetya.co.za/)

--
JohnnyReggae

"Take all your overgrown infants away somewhere
And build them a home, a little place of their own.
The Fletcher Memorial Home for Incurable Tyrants and Kings."
Old December 9th 08, 01:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicorn

I check out your website every once in a while.( I have it bookmarked.)
Lovely site, I especkally like the picture gallery the design is great!

Unicorn

PING South Africa ! thieum Unicycling 0 June 20th 08 09:33 PM
South africa Anders Grund Rides 0 December 7th 04 06:13 PM
South africa Anders Grund Rides 0 December 7th 04 06:13 PM
Unicycle Stockist In South Africa GILD Unicycling 2 July 31st 04 10:06 AM
Unicycles in South Africa ? Dewald Unicycling 2 April 30th 04 11:58 AM